|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Peggy ask for the money from Hildy in Act 2, Part 2?
(a) So she can take care of it.
(b) She knows he doesn't have it.
(c) She needs to pay the cab fare.
(d) She doesn't believe Hildy's story.
2. According the mayor in Act 2, Part 3, what isn't real?
(a) The socialist scare.
(b) The sighting of Williams at the train station.
(c) The freedom of the press.
(d) The murder Williams is accused of.
3. In Hildy's speech in Act 1, Part 3, what kind of life does he say a reporter has?
(a) An unpredictable life.
(b) A great life that he will miss.
(c) An exciting life.
(d) A lousy life.
4. In response to the sheriff's threat, what does Hildy reveal as blackmail?
(a) The sheriff has been giving money to a librarian.
(b) The sheriff has been giving money to a waitress.
(c) The sheriff spent the night in a hotel with a waitress.
(d) The sheriff spent the night in a hotel with a librarian.
5. What does Hildy accuse Burns of in Act 3, Part 1?
(a) Killing Mrs. Grant.
(b) Killing Williams.
(c) Being bribed by the sheriff.
(d) Being bribed by the mayor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the authors signaling in Act 2, Part 1 with Hildy's account of the jailbreak?
2. Where does Williams reveal to Mollie that he has been hiding in Act 2, Part 4?
3. What does Hildy's response to the fire show in Act 1, Part 3, that some view as contradictory to his other behavior in the play so far?
4. Who does the sheriff blame for Williams's escape in his conversation with the Mayor?
5. After the fire alarm rings in Act 1, Part 1, why do the reporters ignore it?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)