|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As he escorts the messenger out in Act 2, Part 3, what does the Mayor tell him to do?
(a) Join the other deputies in searching for Williams.
(b) Call the police.
(c) Lay low for a while.
(d) Get out of town.
2. What is Burns planning to do with Williams in Act 2, Part 5?
(a) Transport him to the paper.
(b) Turn him in.
(c) Give him to Hildy.
(d) Keep him hidden at the pressroom.
3. Where does Hildy drag Williams to after he collapses in Act 2, Part 4?
(a) The other office.
(c) The hallway.
(d) The bathroom.
4. What does Williams tell Hildy about the gun he is holding in Act 2, Part 4?
(a) It is empty.
(b) It is the murder weapon.
(c) It is loaded.
(d) It is the only thing keeping him alive.
5. What does the woman report to McCue, the reporter, at the beginning of Act 1, Part 1?
(a) A domestic disturbance.
(b) A stolen car.
(c) A burglary.
(d) A peeping tom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Towards the end of Act 2, Part 3, as Hildy bangs on the door, what does the mayor advise the sheriff?
2. What does the appearance of Peggy and her mother hint of for Hildy?
3. How much does Hildy tell Burns it cost him to get the full story of Williams' escape?
4. What does Burns say he will help Mrs. Schlosser with in Act 1, Part 2?
5. According to Bensinger, what won't the Sheriff change about the execution of Williams?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)