|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Hildy is introduced in Act 1, Part 3, what is a major difference between him and the other reporters?
(a) He is more depressed than they are.
(b) He is not as smart as they are.
(c) He is more optimistic than they are.
(d) He is not as confident as they are.
2. Who does Hildy say owns the company he will be working for?
(a) His girlfriend's cousin.
(b) His girlfriend's brother.
(c) His girlfriend's father.
(d) His girlfriend's uncle.
3. What is the name of Hildy's paper that he is leaving?
(a) The Enquirer.
(b) The Chicago Times.
(c) The Chicago Inquisitor.
(d) The Examiner.
4. Why does Williams think the Mayor and city are trying to hang him?
(a) Because he didn't have enough money to pay a traffic ticket.
(b) Because he did not vote for the Mayor.
(c) Because he was in the wrong place at the wrong time.
(d) Because he is a radical.
5. What are several reporters doing when the play opens in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) Telling jokes.
(b) Playing poker.
(c) Reading the newspaper.
(d) Interviewing a suspect.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hildy assure his girlfriend of in Act 1, Part 4?
2. What does Hildy wonder about the fire in Act 1, Part 3?
3. What does Hildy promise to his girlfriend before hanging up the phone in Act 1, Part 4?
4. According to Bensiger in Act 1, Part 1, what do the other reporters use his area as?
5. What group does Bensinger tell his paper will cause an uprising after the execution?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)