|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Woodenshoes being sent to get for the reporters in Act 1, Part 2?
(b) A pizza.
2. How many men does the sheriff tell the mayor he has sworn in as new deputies in Act 2, Part 3?
(a) Four hundred.
(b) Two hundred.
(c) Three hundred.
(d) Five hundred.
3. What does Kruger ask will happen as a result of Williams's escape?
(a) The sheriff will be fired.
(b) The mayor will close the train station.
(c) There will be a socialist uprising.
(d) There will be more murders.
4. As Hildy is introduced in Act 1, Part 3, what is a major difference between him and the other reporters?
(a) He is more optimistic than they are.
(b) He is not as smart as they are.
(c) He is more depressed than they are.
(d) He is not as confident as they are.
5. What does the mayor tell the sheriff they will need in order to win the next election in Act 2, Part 3?
(a) Colored voters.
(b) Less hangings.
(c) White voters.
(d) A lower crime rate.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Hildy want Peggy and Mrs. Grant to wait for him?
2. In Act 2, Part 3, what does the mayor tell the sheriff almost cost them the election a couple of years ago?
3. Who brings Mrs. Grant, Peggy's mother, in during Act 2, Part 2?
4. According to Bensinger, what won't the Sheriff change about the execution of Williams?
5. What is the mayor's response to the sheriff's statement about how many new deputies he has?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)