|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Peggy remind Hildy of in Act 2, Part 2?
(a) The times he has not listened to her.
(b) The times he has lost money.
(c) The times he has let her down.
(d) The times he has lied about money.
2. What does Kruger ask will happen as a result of Williams's escape?
(a) The sheriff will be fired.
(b) There will be more murders.
(c) The mayor will close the train station.
(d) There will be a socialist uprising.
3. What does Peggy accuse Hildy of in Act 2, Part 2?
(a) Wasting the money.
(b) Not being able to resist Burns.
(c) Helping Williams escape.
(d) Not being honest with her.
4. In Hildy's speech in Act 1, Part 3, what kind of life does he say a reporter has?
(a) An exciting life.
(b) An unpredictable life.
(c) A great life that he will miss.
(d) A lousy life.
5. What does Hildy offer Jennie in Act 1, Part 3?
(a) To help her clean.
(c) A donut.
(d) To help her find a new job.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Peggy ask for the money from Hildy in Act 2, Part 2?
2. Who brings Mrs. Grant, Peggy's mother, in during Act 2, Part 2?
3. What does Hildy's response to the fire show in Act 1, Part 3, that some view as contradictory to his other behavior in the play so far?
4. Where does Hildy want Peggy and Mrs. Grant to wait for him?
5. What is Hildy talking about repeatedly at the beginning of Act 2, Part 5?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)