Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Older Palestinians grew up under the rule of what country or countries?
(a) Jordan and Egypt.
(d) The Ottoman Empire.
2. Who wins the national election in 1984?
(a) Golda Meir.
(b) The election is a tie.
(c) Shimon Perez.
(d) Yitzhak Shamir.
3. When it becomes known that Friedman is leaving Israel, what do people ask him?
(a) Will he come back?
(b) Where is he going?
(c) Why is he leaving.
(d) Does he like Israel?
4. After the Six Day War, what is the big way to raise money in Israel?
(a) Through the United Jewish Appeal.
(b) Through the mail.
(c) Through individual appeals by Jewish leaders.
(d) Through the synagogues.
5. How many goals do Jewish leaders have after the end of World War II?
(c) One - a Jewish state.
6. When does Friedman have an interview with Yasir Arafat?
(a) January, 1988.
(b) January, 1987.
(c) December, 1987.
(d) November, 1987.
7. What did the ancient Jews overcome so that they are today a symbol of hope?
(a) The lack of land.
8. What moment of covering the news in Beirut sticks out in Friedman's mind?
(a) The bombing of the Marine barracks.
(b) The evacuation of Americans in February 1984.
(c) The PLO departure when he misses his deadline.
(d) His arrival in Beirut.
9. Who is the candidate of the Labor Party in the national election in 1984?
(a) Golda Meir.
(b) Shimon Peres.
(c) Yitzhak Shamir.
(d) Levi Eshkol.
10. After the Six Day War, what presents an internal threat to Israel?
(a) The existence of new political parties.
(b) The existence of the occupied territories.
(c) The dissension among the young Israelis.
(d) The arrival of new Jews.
11. When Friedman thinks back on his days in Beirut, what does he most often think of?
(a) The way the city changed.
(b) The shelling and the damage caused.
(c) The people and what he has learned from them.
(d) The close calls he has had.
12. What do the Palestinians have to lose in their fight against the Israelis?
13. How many times while Friedman is in Beirut do the communications go dead?
(a) Only once.
(b) A couple of times a week.
14. Who does Friedman believe will have to provide for the Palestinian security in any settlement?
(d) Palestinians themselves.
15. When does television appear in Israel?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who attacks the Friedman's on their way to lunch?
2. What goal do the Palestinians announce for the intifada?
3. Who is the candidate of the Likud Party in the national election in 1984?
4. When is Arafat forced to recognize Israel?
5. What country does Friedman find has similarities to Israel?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)