|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When do the Peace Day strikes occur?
(a) January 21, 1988.
(b) November 21, 1988.
(c) December 21, 1987.
(d) November 21, 1987.
2. Where is Shimon Tsimhe's newsstand located?
(a) In the West Bank.
(b) In New York.
(c) In the Haredim suburb of Jerusalem.
(d) In Beirut.
3. What is the spark or the event that sets off the Palestinian uprising that becomes known as the intifada?
(a) A political speech.
(b) A newspaper article.
(c) An auto accident.
(d) A fight in the Jabaliya camp.
4. Friedman becomes the project of what rabbi?
(a) Nota Schiller.
(b) Shimon Tsimhe.
(c) Ze'ev Chafets.
(d) Eliezer Waldman.
5. When does Friedman have an interview with Yasir Arafat?
(a) December, 1987.
(b) January, 1987.
(c) November, 1987.
(d) January, 1988.
6. When it becomes known that Friedman is leaving Israel, what do people ask him?
(a) Where is he going?
(b) Will he come back?
(c) Does he like Israel?
(d) Why is he leaving.
7. Where is Friedman when he decides to leave Beirut?
(a) In a bar.
(b) In his car.
(c) At his desk.
(d) In a bathroom.
8. What marks the border between Israel and the West Bank?
(b) A fence.
9. Who does Friedman believe will have to provide for the Palestinian security in any settlement?
(a) Palestinians themselves.
10. What goal do the Palestinians announce for the intifada?
(a) The beginning of a Palestinian state.
(b) A Palestianian government.
(c) The end to Israeli occupation.
11. When does Friedman leave Beirut for Jerusalem?
(a) May 1, 1984.
(b) April 1, 1984.
(c) June 1, 1984,
(d) July 1, 1984.
12. In the U.S., how do Jews define their Jewish identity?
(a) By their synagogue affiliation.
(b) By their place of birth.
(c) By their rabbi.
(d) By their relationship to Israel.
13. Where does Friedman take his family out for lunch before leaving?
(a) A Jewish restaurant.
(b) Marriott Hotel.
(c) Inter-Continental Hotel.
14. When is Arafat forced to recognize Israel?
(a) During the intifada.
(b) At the UN General Assembly in Geneva in December, 1988.
(c) At the Jabaliya refugee camp.
(d) At the PNC meetings in November, 1988.
15. What is happening outside when Friedman decides to leave Beirut?
(a) His neighborhood is being shelled.
(b) Nothing, his neighborhood is quiet.
(c) There is a riot in the street.
(d) There is fighting in the street.
Short Answer Questions
1. Israel and Palestine occupy news time out of proportion to their what?
2. Who wins the national election in 1984?
3. Older Palestinians grew up under the rule of what country or countries?
4. Rabbi Eliezer Waldman is the founder of what movement?
5. After the Six Day War, what is the big way to raise money in Israel?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)