Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Israel, how do Jews define their Jewish identity?
(a) By their synagogue affiliation.
(b) By their place of birth.
(c) By their relationship to Israel and the state.
(d) By their rabbi.
2. According to Friedman, the solution to the Palestinian-Israeli problem must be what kind of solution?
3. Who attacks the Friedman's on their way to lunch?
(a) Palestinian youth.
(b) Lebanese youth.
(c) Jewish youth.
(d) Disgruntled Americans.
4. After the Six Day War, what is the big way to raise money in Israel?
(a) Through individual appeals by Jewish leaders.
(b) Through the United Jewish Appeal.
(c) Through the mail.
(d) Through the synagogues.
5. How long has Friedman been in Beirut when he decides to leave?
(a) 7 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 4 years.
(d) 9 years.
6. How does Friedman get from Beirut to Jerusalem?
(a) By a series of taxis.
(b) By train.
(c) By plane.
(d) By a car driven by his Beiruti driver.
7. Which rabbi believes that Judaism is a way of life, not a bunch of ritualistic practices?
(a) David Hartman.
(b) Eliezer Waldman.
(c) Nota Schiller.
(d) Shimon Tsimhe.
8. Who comes to power in Israel in 1977?
(a) Golda Meir.
(b) Menachem Begin.
(c) Levi Eshkol.
(d) Yatzhak Rabin.
9. What do each of Friedman's four different groups or categories of Jews believe in common?
(a) That the other three will disappear in time.
(b) That the Rabbis should govern Israel.
(c) That the U.S. should support each group.
(d) That Israel will grow bigger.
10. Where does Friedman take his family out for lunch before leaving?
(a) Inter-Continental Hotel.
(b) Marriott Hotel.
(d) A Jewish restaurant.
11. How does Friedman's wife leave Beirut?
(a) She is evacuated by helicopter.
(b) She flies home.
(c) She is driven to Jerusalem.
(d) She is evacuated by boat.
12. What country does Friedman find has similarities to Israel?
13. Who wins the national election in 1984?
(a) Yitzhak Shamir.
(b) Golda Meir.
(c) The election is a tie.
(d) Shimon Perez.
14. When does Friedman have an interview with Yasir Arafat?
(a) January, 1987.
(b) December, 1987.
(c) November, 1987.
(d) January, 1988.
15. Friedman becomes the project of what rabbi?
(a) Ze'ev Chafets.
(b) Shimon Tsimhe.
(c) Nota Schiller.
(d) Eliezer Waldman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Shimon Tsimhe's newsstand located?
2. When does George Schultz travel to the Middle East?
3. When it becomes known that Friedman is leaving Israel, what do people ask him?
4. Who does Friedman believe will have to provide for the Palestinian security in any settlement?
5. What is the hang-up in most Arab-Israeli negotiations?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)