|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the Beirut press congregate?
(a) The UPI building.
(b) The press room at the police station.
(c) The press room at the city hall.
(d) The Commodore Hotel.
2. When do the Israelis pull out of the Shouf Mountains?
(a) July, 1983.
(b) August, 1983.
(c) October, 1983.
(d) September, 1983.
3. When is the PLO formed?
4. When do Arafat and the PLO leave Beirut?
(a) September, 1982.
(b) June, 1982.
(c) August, 1982.
(d) July, 1982.
5. Who is one of the most famous fixers in Beirut?
(c) Hafez Assad.
(d) Abdul Hajjaj.
6. Who films city center Beirut in order to record what it looks like?
7. Who epitomizes the mentality and attitude of the European Zionist?
(a) Yacov Bar-Simantov.
(b) Yasir Arafat.
(c) Ariel Sharon.
(d) Menachem Begin.
8. According to Friedman, who is the first person who wants U.S. troops in Beirut?
9. Why is the PLO successful under Arafat?
(a) Because of Arafat's advisors.
(b) Because of the personal skills of Arafat.
(c) Because Arafat was good at public relations.
(d) Because of Arafat's terrorist activities.
10. Where does Friedman go when the fighting begins as curfew goes into effect?
(a) His apartment.
(c) Commodore Hotel.
(d) Police station.
11. In the chapter on Beirut, when does Friedman's Jewishness affect him?
(a) When he looks for a fixer.
(b) When he goes out to dinner.
(c) When he applies for an interview with Arafat.
(d) When he applies for travel credentials.
12. When do the U.S. Marines arrive in Beirut the first time?
(a) August, 1982.
(b) February, 1982.
(c) September, 1982.
(d) September, 1981.
13. What Lebanese political party helps the Israelis during the occupation?
(a) The Republicans.
(b) The Phalangists.
(c) The Conservatives.
(d) None of them.
14. Where do correspondents in Beirut verify their facts?
(a) There is no place to go.
(b) The news agency headquarters.
(c) The police.
(d) The local government.
15. Who blows up Friedman's apartment house?
(a) A refugee family.
(b) An Israeli.
(c) A Syrian.
(d) A terrorist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Friedman's wife?
2. Friedman says that Sharon is a classic example of what?
3. How do the normal Lebanese population treat the Israeli soldiers?
4. Who is Amnon Shahak?
5. When does the Israeli invasion of Lebanon begin?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)