|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Poker, Beirut-Style.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the subject Friedman gets his Master's degree in at Oxford?
(b) Creative writing.
(c) Middle Eastern history.
(d) Jewish culture & history.
2. When do the Israelis begin to withdraw from Lebanon?
(a) January, 1983.
(b) September, 1983.
(c) May, 1983.
(d) November, 1983.
3. Who does Friedman hire as a fixer?
(a) A Lebanese friend.
(b) A policeman he knows.
(c) A PLO agent he knows.
(d) He doesn't hire an individual as a fixer.
4. Where do the Friedmans fly to from Geneva at the beginning of the book?
5. Who epitomizes the mentality and attitude of the European Zionist?
(a) Yasir Arafat.
(b) Ariel Sharon.
(c) Menachem Begin.
(d) Yacov Bar-Simantov.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Friedman learn to be a journalist?
2. Who does Friedman work for after graduating from Oxford?
3. After the PLO and Arafat leave Beirut, who is left in charge?
4. What is the estimate of how many people were killed during the Hama massacre?
5. Who issues the correspondents their credentials they need to travel?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)