|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Poker, Beirut-Style.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Arafat grow up?
2. Friedman says that Sharon is a classic example of what?
(a) Great leadership.
(b) False leadership.
(c) Great military leadership.
(d) True friendship.
3. Where is Arafat born?
(c) Syria or Egypt.
(d) Gaza or Egypt.
4. According to Friedman, how do the people who remain in Beirut cope with the stress?
(a) They stay inside and board up their homes so they don't see what is happening.
(b) They meet in small groups and discuss ways to cope.
(c) They keep themselves busy with their jobs.
(d) They make up their own mind games or find ways to separate themselves from the victims.
5. Where does much of Arafat's support come from?
(c) Refugee camps of Lebanon, Jordan and Syria.
(d) Refugee camps in Egypt.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long do Friedman and his wife stay in the Middle East?
2. Which Jewish leader agrees to the plan to create two states, side by side, one for Jews and one for Arabs?
3. Where does the Palestine National Council meet in February, 1983?
4. What is the Green Line?
5. What are the names of the two major Israeli political parties at the time of the invasion?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)