|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "The Festival (1938)".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't the housekeeper work for Mrs. Schneider?
(a) Her husband forbids it.
(b) Because German law prohibits Germans under the age of 35 from working for Jews.
(c) Her kids need her at home.
(d) Her back is out of whack.
2. What does the narrator's mother do while his father is looking for a job?
(a) Keeps the house clean.
(b) Is a secretary for the Nazi party.
(c) Washes other people's laundry.
(d) Babysits six neighborhood children.
3. Why does the housekeeper work?
(a) She has eight children to support.
(b) She is a widow.
(c) She enjoys housework.
(d) She is bored at home and likes buying things.
4. What is the first time Friedrich has experienced this as he watches his father?
(a) A fear in the pit of his stomach.
(b) Anger at Hitler.
(c) A grown man cry.
5. In what language is the dinner ceremony conducted?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does housework for the Schneiders?
2. Why must the housekeeper's husband be careful?
3. What does the narrator warn Friedrich not to reveal?
4. What does Friedrich give at the Sabbath feast?
5. What does the narrator watch as sundown approaches?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)