|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "The Festival (1938)".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Mrs. Schneider goes to talk with the housekeeper?
(a) The housekeeper says she can no longer work for Mrs. Schneider.
(b) The housekeeper wants a raise.
(c) The housekeeper has been arrested.
(d) The housekeeper have moved.
2. Why does the housekeeper work?
(a) She is bored at home and likes buying things.
(b) She enjoys housework.
(c) She is a widow.
(d) She has eight children to support.
3. What is the first time Friedrich has experienced this as he watches his father?
(a) A grown man cry.
(c) Anger at Hitler.
(d) A fear in the pit of his stomach.
4. Who gives Friedrich an engraved fountain pen?
(a) The narrator's father.
(b) Frau Peng.
(d) The narrator.
5. What does Friedrich's father give him?
(a) A wristwatch.
(b) A copy of the torah.
(c) A new bike.
(d) A radio.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Schneider explain about the mezuzah?
2. What does the narrator warn Friedrich not to reveal?
3. What do the two boys do?
4. How old is Friedrich on this day in the synagogue?
5. Who does housework for the Schneiders?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)