|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Benches (1940)".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Friedrich meet Helga?
(a) She came to visit her sister's gravesite.
(b) His father invited her to visit.
(c) The narrator introduces them.
(d) Her bag of apples splits and he helps her gather them up.
2. Why doesn't Friedrich meet with the girl as agreed upon?
(a) He decides he does not like her.
(b) He forgets where they are to meet.
(c) He worries she will turn him in.
(d) He is afraid for her safety.
3. What does the store owner call Friedrich?
(a) A rotten Jungvolk.
(b) A bad catcher.
(c) "Good-for-nothing Jewboy."
4. What does Friedrich start doing with a girl?
(a) Taking her to the movies.
(b) Walking throught the park on little-used paths.
(c) Learning how to speak Yiddish.
(d) Studying together since neither are allowed in school.
5. What happens when Friedrich misses the ball that the narrator throws?
(a) A dog catches the ball.
(b) The ball rolls down a hill into the water.
(c) The ball breaks a store window.
(d) The ball hits a Nazi soldier.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Friedrich's father ask him?
2. Who has a serious talk?
3. What does the narrator's father confess?
4. With what does the the shop owner threaten Friedrich?
5. What does the officer tell the narrator?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)