|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Idgie move in with after Ruth moves out?
2. What is interesting about the wedding the Dill Pickle Club is organizing to benefit the high school sports teams?
3. Which of the following characters does NOT volunteer to play one of the three wise-men in the Christmas pageant after the draft?
4. What is the name of the church Evelyn attends on Easter Sunday morning, 1986?
5. To which city does Evelyn travel for vacation after leaving Ninny in the nursing home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
During his life, Buddy Jr. deals with an unfortunate handicap. First, explain the source Buddy Jr. injury, and what the immediate effect of that injury was. Then, explain how Idgie helped Buddy Jr. to overcome his handicap and give at least two examples from the text of times when Buddy succeeded, regardless of his handicap.
Essay Topic 2
Throughout her life, Evelyn worked hard to make sure that no one call her names. Choose at least two major life decisions Evelyn made to please other people and explain Evelyn's motivations in these decisions. Then, explain how Evelyn's life decisions eventually lead to Towanda the Avenger, and explain what Towanda means in Evelyn's life.
Essay Topic 3
What reason does Ninny give about why her father's business went under? How does Ninny's father's business sense compare / contrast to Idgie's father's business sense? How does the introduction of these two business men highlight one of the main tensions in the novel? Give at least two examples of this tension from the text to strengthen your argument
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)