|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Walter work during wartime?
2. Which of the following characters believes birds can listen to telephone conversations through the wires?
3. How old was Jasper when he began work on the railroad?
4. How much money does Evelyn give to Geneene to take care of Ninny while she's away?
5. How many months does Naughty Bird spend blacked-out drunk after her daughter is born?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout her childhood, Idgie felt Buddy was the most important person in her life. Describe the character of Buddy Threadgoode. Why were he and Idgie so close as children? What traumatic event eventually split Buddy and Idgie up? How did Idgie react to this event? In what ways does she keep Buddy with her throughout the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Evelyn has spent much of her adult life consumed with guilt over her mother's death. First, explain how Evelyn's mother died and the way that Evelyn coped with that death. Then, explain what Evelyn has to feel guilty about when remembering her mother's death. In your opinion, is this guilt rational? Why or why not? Finally, explain how Evelyn's mother's death has affected the way Evelyn views her own health and life.
Essay Topic 3
At the end of the novel, Ninny passes away and leaves a large box of personal items for Evelyn. First, create a list of the items Ninny leaves for Evelyn in her will. Then, choose at least two of the items from the box and explain the lessons Ninny hoped Evelyn would learn from each one.
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)