|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following statements is NOT a piece of advice Ninny gives to Evelyn while she is depressed?
(a) Go visit a psychiatrist.
(b) Start taking #10 stress tabs.
(c) Visit the church.
(d) Take a walk in the sunshine.
2. In what shape is the statue that Vesta Adcock throws through the nursing home window?
(a) A slipper.
(b) A porch swing.
(c) A heart.
(d) A flower.
3. Which of the following places is NOT somewhere Smokey worked before becoming homeless.
(a) At a turpentine mill.
(b) At a loans bank.
(c) At a hamburger joint.
(d) At a coal mine.
4. How does Ruth feel about the abuse she suffered while married to Frank?
(a) She feels like she deserves it.
(b) She feels apathetic to it.
(c) She feels like it is unneccessary.
(d) She feels like it is not abusive.
5. In Dot's article about Buddy Jr.'s accident, which of the following injuries is NOT mentioned in her run-down about the dangers of trains?
(a) A black man being killed.
(b) Ankles being crushed.
(c) Arms being severed off.
(d) Fingertips being lost.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives Buddy Jr. the nickname "Stump"?
2. What does Ruth send to Idgie as a sign that she needs help escaping from Frank?
3. How do most hobos find out about the Whistle Stop Cafe?
4. How does Idgie's mother feel about Idgie's relationship with Ruth?
5. Which of the following is NOT a name of one of Big George's children?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the town of Whistle Stop respond when the police arrest Idgie for Frank's murder?
2. What type of relationship does Evelyn have with doctors?
3. What practical joke does Idgie play on her customers on April Fool's Day in 1933?
4. What scam does Biddie Otis buy into, hoping it will help cure her arthritis?
5. How does Idgie help cure Naughty Bird's pneumonia?
6. Who is Towanda the Avenger?
7. What are the final thoughts in Smokey Lonesome's head when he is sick in 1965?
8. How did Ruth's relationship with her husband, Frank change after their honeymoon?
9. Why does Vesta Adcock's husband leave her?
10. How is Big George treated when he brings Buddy Jr. to the hospital after the train accident?
This section contains 933 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)