|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who finally encouraged Ruth to leave Frank once and for all?
(a) Ruth's sister.
(b) Ruth's father.
(c) Ruth's mother.
(d) Ruth's brother.
2. What is the name of Vesta Adcock's husband?
3. How do most hobos find out about the Whistle Stop Cafe?
(a) Hobos are not allowed in Whistle Stop.
(b) Through graffiti in boxcars.
(c) Idgie picks them out of the soup line.
(d) Through word-of-mouth advertising.
4. Who gives Buddy Jr. the nickname "Stump"?
5. Which fast food chain does Evelyn bring for Ninny to eat at the nursing home?
(a) Burger King.
(d) Taco Bell.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of business did Ninny's father own when Ninny was a child?
2. How does Artis sustain the injuries on his hands that are written about in the local newspaper?
3. Which of the following bills are particularly high for residents in Whistle Stop during the early 1930's?
4. Which of the following games is Pig Iron famous for playing?
5. Which of the following items is the subject of Stump's science project, which he wins first prize for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ruth move out of Idgie's house in 1946?
2. What scam does Biddie Otis buy into, hoping it will help cure her arthritis?
3. How does Artis Peavy die?
4. Where does Idgie go when Ruth leaves town?
5. How does Stump muster up the courage to ask Peggy out for their first date?
6. How does Big George react when he sees that Artis stabbed his twin brother, Jasper?
7. How does Buddy Threadgoode die?
8. How does Stump learn the true identity of Railroad Bill?
9. How did Frank Bennett really die?
10. How does Dot feel when she hears that the Post Office will close in the year 1956?
This section contains 935 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)