|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following pests does Idgie battle on her picnic lunch with Ruth?
2. How does the Threadgoode family react when Ruth returns home to them?
(a) They are apathetic.
(b) They are disappointed.
(c) They are pleased.
(d) They are confused.
3. Which of the following accidents was Wilbur, Dot's husband, NOT a part of?
(a) Wilbur was struck by lightning while fishing.
(b) Wilbur fell into an icy ditch while walking his dogs.
(c) Wilbur was swept up into a tornado as it passed through town.
(d) Wilbur destroyed his car windsheild during a hail storm.
4. Which of the following men was NOT present on the day Ruth escaped from Frank?
(a) Billy Limeway.
(b) Wilbur Weems.
(c) Big George.
(d) Ed Couch.
5. Who finally encouraged Ruth to leave Frank once and for all?
(a) Ruth's mother.
(b) Ruth's father.
(c) Ruth's sister.
(d) Ruth's brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much did Albert weigh when he was born?
2. Which of the following adjectives does Dot Weems use to describe the photo of Mr. Pinto that Stump took?
3. Which part of Buddy Jr.'s body is severed off when he is hit by the train?
4. What is the name of the theater in Whistle Stop where live bands play?
5. How does Ruth recognize Frank even though he wears KKK robes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is life like for Evelyn at the Forever Slim Lodge?
2. Where does Idgie go when Ruth leaves town?
3. What prediction does Sipsey make about Big George's twins when they are born?
4. What type of relationship does Evelyn have with doctors?
5. How does Stump muster up the courage to ask Peggy out for their first date?
6. Who is Towanda the Avenger?
7. How does Artis Peavy die?
8. How does Willy Boy Peavy die?
9. How does the woman in Slagtown lose fifty dollars?
10. What happens to Vesta Adcock when she escapes from the nursing home?
This section contains 847 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)