|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following residents is keeping the entire nursing home awake at night, while making loud phone calls to the President?
2. Who is the last person Artis thinks about before he dies?
(a) His brother.
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
(d) His sister.
3. In what year does Alabama elect its first female governor?
4. Who is Ninny buried next to in the cemetery?
5. Who does Smokey Lonesome claim is the only woman he ever loved?
6. Where is Vesta Adcock found after being reported missing from the nursing home?
(a) At the zoo.
(b) At the hair salon.
(c) At the cafe.
(d) At a motel.
7. What song does Grady Kilgore sing at the Dill Pickle Club's show in Troutsville?
(a) Until We Meet Again.
(b) Where the Morning Glories Grow.
(c) On the Good Ship Lollipop.
(d) Beyond the Blue Horizon.
8. What are Idgie and Stump collecting for Ruth's room when she dies?
(d) Letters from friends.
9. What is Idgie selling roadside at the end of the novel?
10. Which of the following medications does Evelyn begin taking to help balance her moods?
11. Which of the following characters does NOT testify on Idgie's behalf at the murder trial?
(a) Reverend Scroggins.
(b) Smokey Lonesome.
(c) Curtis Smoote.
(d) Eva Bates.
12. Why hasn't Wilbur been drafted to fight in WWII?
(a) Because he has a weak heart.
(b) Because he has poor vision.
(c) Because he has scoliosis.
(d) Because he has flat feet.
13. Which of Frank Bennett's belongings is found by the river, leading to Idgie's arrest?
(a) His wallet.
(b) His truck.
(c) His gun.
(d) His clothes.
14. What does Idgie serve the two detectives who stop in the cafe in search of Frank?
(a) Pie and coffee.
(b) Spaghetti and meatballs.
(c) Mashed potatoes and gravy.
(d) Tea and biscuits.
15. At the end of Frank Bennett's murder trial, who does the judge find guilty of the murder?
(b) Big George.
(d) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following states was NOT searched for Frank Bennett's body?
2. In what year does the "Weems Weekly" cease publication?
3. How does Smokey Lonesome die?
4. Where is Frank Bennett's body found?
5. What does Evelyn think is the main reason why men get more respect in society than women?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)