|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During what season of the year will Jasper Peavy earn his retirement?
2. Which of the following events is NOT listed in the August 10, 1954 edition of the newspaper under the headline, "Mishaps Galore"?
(a) Opal sets a pile of hair on fire in her salon.
(b) Dot and Wilbur accidentally exchange reading glasses.
(c) Sipsey adds twice as much chili powder to her soup than required.
(d) Biddie Otis thinks her hair is on fire after a rough perm.
3. How long has Evelyn been on her diet before the incident at the grocery store plummets her self-confidence?
(a) Nine days.
(b) Eleven days.
(c) Seven days.
(d) Five days.
4. What unusual plant does Ninny find growing in her yard and give to Dot?
(a) A Venus fly trap.
(b) A poisonous mushroom.
(c) A four-leaf clover.
(d) An orchid.
5. How much money does Evelyn give to Geneene to take care of Ninny while she's away?
6. What does Ninny encourage Evelyn to start selling door-to-door?
7. Which of the following states was NOT searched for Frank Bennett's body?
8. How do the young girls in the Piggly Wiggly parking lot insult Evelyn?
(a) By saying they are faster than she is.
(b) By saying they are smarter than she is.
(c) By saying they are prettier than she is.
(d) By saying they are thinner than she is.
9. What is the name of the church Evelyn attends on Easter Sunday morning, 1986?
(a) Martin Luther King Jr. Church.
(b) Malcom X Church.
(c) Noah's Ark Church.
(d) All God's Children Church.
10. Who promises to avenge the death of Willy Boy Peavy?
(c) Big George.
11. Which of the following jobs is NOT one Jasper worked while employed with the railroad company?
(c) Freight Trucker.
(d) Station Porter.
12. In what year does Alabama elect its first female governor?
13. What are Idgie and Stump collecting for Ruth's room when she dies?
(b) Letters from friends.
14. Which of the following supermarkets does Evelyn shop at?
(a) Piggly Wiggly.
(d) Big Top.
15. How long does Smokey Lonesome live in a homeless shelter after being fired from his job?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 20 years.
(c) 15 years.
(d) 5 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ninny think is the most beautiful part about Evelyn?
2. What song does Grady Kilgore sing at the Dill Pickle Club's show in Troutsville?
3. Who informs Evelyn that Ninny has passed away?
4. Where is Artis when he dies?
5. What is the name of Naughty Bird's daughter?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)