|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What beverage does Smokey Lonesome think about while he is sick in a motel in Birmingham?
2. Which of Big George's children has the lightest skin color?
(a) George Jr.
(b) Naughty Bird.
3. What is Idgie selling roadside at the end of the novel?
4. Which of the following characters does NOT testify on Idgie's behalf at the murder trial?
(a) Reverend Scroggins.
(b) Eva Bates.
(c) Smokey Lonesome.
(d) Curtis Smoote.
5. What is Officer Smoote's first name?
6. Which of the following medications does Evelyn begin taking to help balance her moods?
7. Why is Smokey Lonesome fired from his job at the restaurant?
(a) For missing a shift.
(b) For drinking too much.
(c) For smoking behind the bar.
(d) For stealing food from plates.
8. Why hasn't Wilbur been drafted to fight in WWII?
(a) Because he has poor vision.
(b) Because he has scoliosis.
(c) Because he has flat feet.
(d) Because he has a weak heart.
9. Where is Artis when he dies?
(a) In a hotel.
(b) In his mother's house.
(c) In his car.
(d) At the cafe.
10. Which of the following events is NOT listed in the August 10, 1954 edition of the newspaper under the headline, "Mishaps Galore"?
(a) Biddie Otis thinks her hair is on fire after a rough perm.
(b) Sipsey adds twice as much chili powder to her soup than required.
(c) Dot and Wilbur accidentally exchange reading glasses.
(d) Opal sets a pile of hair on fire in her salon.
11. How long does Ruth wait before she calls Idgie the first time after moving out?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Three days.
(c) Three months.
(d) Three hours.
12. How much time is Artis ordered to serve in prison for the attempted murder of the dogcatcher?
(a) 30 years.
(b) 40 years.
(c) 20 years.
(d) 10 years.
13. Which of the following characters will play the flower girl at the Dill Pickle Club's wedding?
14. What is interesting about the wedding the Dill Pickle Club is organizing to benefit the high school sports teams?
(a) There will be no guests.
(b) There will be no men.
(c) There will be no women.
(d) There will be no flowers.
15. How long has Evelyn been on her diet before the incident at the grocery store plummets her self-confidence?
(a) Eleven days.
(b) Seven days.
(c) Five days.
(d) Nine days.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following residents is keeping the entire nursing home awake at night, while making loud phone calls to the President?
2. Which of the following items is NOT included in the box of belongings Ninny leaves for Evelyn?
3. Which of the following diet programs does Evelyn join, hoping to lose weight?
4. How much money does Evelyn give to Geneene to take care of Ninny while she's away?
5. Where is Frank Bennett's body found?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)