|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Walter work during wartime?
(a) On the front lines.
(b) On the railroad.
(c) In the steel mill.
(d) At the iron plant.
2. Which of the following characters is the true Railroad Bill?
(c) Big George.
3. In what year does the "Weems Weekly" cease publication?
4. What song does Grady Kilgore sing at the Dill Pickle Club's show in Troutsville?
(a) Beyond the Blue Horizon.
(b) Until We Meet Again.
(c) On the Good Ship Lollipop.
(d) Where the Morning Glories Grow.
5. Which of the following characters does NOT testify on Idgie's behalf at the murder trial?
(a) Curtis Smoote.
(b) Reverend Scroggins.
(c) Smokey Lonesome.
(d) Eva Bates.
6. How do the young girls in the Piggly Wiggly parking lot insult Evelyn?
(a) By saying they are thinner than she is.
(b) By saying they are smarter than she is.
(c) By saying they are prettier than she is.
(d) By saying they are faster than she is.
7. What is the name of the church Evelyn attends on Easter Sunday morning, 1986?
(a) Martin Luther King Jr. Church.
(b) Noah's Ark Church.
(c) All God's Children Church.
(d) Malcom X Church.
8. How long is Artis in prison before Idgie comes to release him?
(a) Six years.
(b) Six weeks.
(c) Six months.
(d) Six days.
9. Which of the following jobs is NOT one Jasper worked while employed with the railroad company?
(a) Freight Trucker.
(c) Station Porter.
10. What does Ninny encourage Evelyn to start selling door-to-door?
11. Which of the following family members is embarrassed to be seen in public with Jasper Peavy?
(a) His daughter.
(b) His brother.
(c) His grandson.
(d) His mother.
12. Where is Vesta Adcock found after being reported missing from the nursing home?
(a) At the hair salon.
(b) At a motel.
(c) At the zoo.
(d) At the cafe.
13. How many grandchildren does Evelyn have at the end of the novel?
14. What is the name of Artis' friend who nearly lost his dog to a dogcatcher?
(a) After John.
(b) After Frank.
(c) Before Frank.
(d) Before John.
15. What does Evelyn think is the main reason why men get more respect in society than women?
(a) Because of their physical strength.
(b) Because of their high salaries.
(c) Because of their anatomy.
(d) Because women fawn over them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following supermarkets does Evelyn shop at?
2. How long does Smokey Lonesome live in a homeless shelter after being fired from his job?
3. What are Idgie and Stump collecting for Ruth's room when she dies?
4. To which city does Evelyn travel for vacation after leaving Ninny in the nursing home?
5. What type of beans does Sipsey grow in the Victory Garden?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)