|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following words completes the headline to the famous article Dot wrote in her newspaper: "Ownership of ______________ questioned."
(a) Swamp swell.
(c) Rabid dog.
2. What is the name of the gossip club Idgie starts despite Ruth's objections?
(a) The Ham Sandwich Club.
(b) The Over-Easy Eggs' Club.
(c) The Dill Pickles' Club.
(d) The Fried Chickens' CLub.
3. How does Idgie's mother feel about Idgie's relationship with Ruth?
(a) She is confused.
(b) She does not approve.
(c) She is supportive.
(d) She does not know about it.
4. Which part of Buddy Jr.'s body is severed off when he is hit by the train?
(a) His fingertips.
(b) His legs.
(c) His nose.
(d) His arms.
5. Which of the following diseases did Evelyn's mother die from?
(a) Muscular Dystrophy.
(c) Parkinson's Disease.
6. How old was Albert when he died?
(a) Five years old.
(b) Eleven years old.
(c) Nine years old.
(d) Seven years old.
7. Which of the following bills are particularly high for residents in Whistle Stop during the early 1930's?
(a) Heating bills.
(b) Water bills.
(c) Electricity bills.
8. What type of musical instrument does Essie Limeway sell?
9. Who starts the Whistle Stop Pig's Club?
10. Which of the following animals bites Bertha Vick on her bottom in the middle of the night?
(a) A skunk.
(b) A badger.
(c) A gopher.
(d) A squirrel.
11. What is the name of the girl Buddy Jr. has a crush on, but is embarrassed to play around?
12. Which of the following games is Pig Iron famous for playing?
13. Which of the following is NOT a name of one of Big George's children?
(b) Wonderful Counselor
(c) Naughty Bird.
14. How often does it snow in Whistle Stop?
(a) Once every five years.
(b) Once every year.
(c) Once every ten years.
(d) Once every twenty years.
15. At what time of day is Mr. Pinto's body moved through Whistle Stop?
(a) In the afternoon.
(b) In the early morning.
(c) In the evening.
(d) At midnight.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following pests does Idgie battle on her picnic lunch with Ruth?
2. What is the one article of clothing Idgie refuses to wear?
3. What is the name of Vesta Adcock's husband?
4. In Dot's article about Buddy Jr.'s accident, which of the following injuries is NOT mentioned in her run-down about the dangers of trains?
5. What does Idgie win in a poker game, which she takes back to Troutsville with the hope of curing Naughty Bird's sickness?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)