|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following items is the subject of Stump's science project, which he wins first prize for?
(a) Lima beans.
(b) Rat races.
(d) Shrunken heads.
2. What is the name of Dot's newspaper?
(a) Dot Daily.
(b) Weems World for Women.
(c) The Weems Weekly.
(d) Dot's Divine Discussion.
3. Which of the following adjectives does Dot Weems use to describe the photo of Mr. Pinto that Stump took?
4. How do most hobos find out about the Whistle Stop Cafe?
(a) Hobos are not allowed in Whistle Stop.
(b) Through graffiti in boxcars.
(c) Through word-of-mouth advertising.
(d) Idgie picks them out of the soup line.
5. Who gives Buddy Jr. the nickname "Stump"?
6. What does Ruth send to Idgie as a sign that she needs help escaping from Frank?
(a) A letter.
(b) A bloody bandage.
(c) A bouquet of flowers.
(d) A set of keys.
7. How does the price differ between black and white customers at the Cafe differ?
(a) Black customers are charged less.
(b) Black customers are charged more.
(c) Black customers are not served.
(d) Black customers and white customers are charged the same amount.
8. Which of the following statements is NOT a piece of advice Ninny gives to Evelyn while she is depressed?
(a) Visit the church.
(b) Take a walk in the sunshine.
(c) Start taking #10 stress tabs.
(d) Go visit a psychiatrist.
9. Where does Idgie sit while Frank and Ruth exchange their wedding vows?
(a) In the hallway, right outside the sanctuary.
(b) In her car.
(c) In the bathroom.
(d) In the front row of the church.
10. How does Idgie claim Frank died?
(a) He was murdered.
(b) He killed himself.
(c) He drown in the river.
(d) He was crushed by a truck.
11. How does Ruth feel about the abuse she suffered while married to Frank?
(a) She feels like it is unneccessary.
(b) She feels apathetic to it.
(c) She feels like it is not abusive.
(d) She feels like she deserves it.
12. Which of the following events happens when Big George's twins are ten-years-old?
(a) Jasper stabs Artis.
(b) Jasper drowns Artis.
(c) Artis stabs Jasper.
(d) Artis drowns Jasper.
13. Which of the following buildings is NOT one that catches Artis' imagination in Birmingham?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) A movie theater.
(c) A billiards parlor.
(d) A beauty school.
14. How old is Evelyn's daughter when Evelyn realizes she is living a promiscuous life?
15. Which of the following words completes the headline to the famous article Dot wrote in her newspaper: "Ownership of ______________ questioned."
(b) Rabid dog.
(d) Swamp swell.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of musical instrument does Essie Limeway sell?
2. How does Ruth feel about Idgie attending her wedding?
3. What color is Ninny's hair when Evelyn visits her after Easter?
4. Which of the following illnesses strikes Naughty Bird when she refuses to eat?
5. Who adopts the baby boy abandoned at the train station?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)