|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following accidents was Wilbur, Dot's husband, NOT a part of?
(a) Wilbur fell into an icy ditch while walking his dogs.
(b) Wilbur destroyed his car windsheild during a hail storm.
(c) Wilbur was struck by lightning while fishing.
(d) Wilbur was swept up into a tornado as it passed through town.
2. Which of the following is NOT a name of one of Big George's children?
(a) Naughty Bird.
(d) Wonderful Counselor
3. Which of the following diseases did Evelyn's mother die from?
(a) Muscular Dystrophy.
(d) Parkinson's Disease.
4. Which of the following famous Bible stories does Bertha focus on at her weekly Bible study?
(a) The story of Noah's ark.
(b) The story of the crucifixion.
(c) The story of Jonah and the whale.
(d) The story of creation.
5. Which of the following events happens when Big George's twins are ten-years-old?
(a) Artis stabs Jasper.
(b) Jasper drowns Artis.
(c) Artis drowns Jasper.
(d) Jasper stabs Artis.
6. How often does it snow in Whistle Stop?
(a) Once every ten years.
(b) Once every year.
(c) Once every twenty years.
(d) Once every five years.
7. Which of the following adjectives best describes Vest Adcock?
8. How was criminal Mr. Pinto executed?
(a) He was electrocuted.
(b) He was given a lethal injection.
(c) He was shot by a firing squad.
(d) He was hanged.
9. Which of the following train cars was Ninny's favorite as a child?
(a) The driver's car.
(b) The caboose.
(c) The sleeping car.
(d) The dining car.
10. What does Idgie Threadgoode claim to have found inside a hen's egg?
(a) A ten dollar bill.
(b) A gold coin.
(c) A ruby necklace.
(d) An engagement ring.
11. Which of the following buildings is NOT one that catches Artis' imagination in Birmingham?
(a) A billiards parlor.
(b) A movie theater.
(c) A beauty school.
(d) A restaurant.
12. Which of the following characters owns a dog with only three legs?
(c) Buddy Jr.
13. Which of the following objects does Stump bring with him when he goes to see Mr. Pinto's body?
(a) A bouquet of flowers.
(b) A knife.
(c) A camera.
(d) A Bible.
14. Which of the following statements is NOT a piece of advice Ninny gives to Evelyn while she is depressed?
(a) Take a walk in the sunshine.
(b) Visit the church.
(c) Start taking #10 stress tabs.
(d) Go visit a psychiatrist.
15. What type of animal does Opal Threadgoode's husband raise on his farm?
Short Answer Questions
1. During what month of the year does Frank go missing?
2. Who starts the Whistle Stop Pig's Club?
3. To whose home does Idgie often send people who ask where they can purchase whiskey?
4. Which of the following items does Ninny claim was stolen from one of her friends' bedrooms at the nursing home?
5. Which state does Ruth move to in order to be with her fiance, Frank?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)