|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following pests does Idgie battle on her picnic lunch with Ruth?
2. In which month of the year do Frank and Ruth get married?
3. Which of the following bills are particularly high for residents in Whistle Stop during the early 1930's?
(a) Electricity bills.
(c) Water bills.
(d) Heating bills.
4. Which state does Ruth move to in order to be with her fiance, Frank?
5. What type of animal does Opal Threadgoode's husband raise on his farm?
6. What type of business did Ninny's father own when Ninny was a child?
(a) An automobile dealership.
(b) A movie theater.
(c) A general store.
(d) A camp ground.
7. Which of the following famous Bible stories does Bertha focus on at her weekly Bible study?
(a) The story of Noah's ark.
(b) The story of Jonah and the whale.
(c) The story of creation.
(d) The story of the crucifixion.
8. After Ruth is married, how often does Idgie come visit her?
(a) Once a month.
(b) Once a week.
(c) She never visits Ruth again.
(d) Once a year.
9. On which body part does Idgie Threadgoode have surgery in June, 1985?
(a) Her liver.
(b) Her appendix.
(c) Her gallbladder.
(d) Her eyes.
10. Who adopts the baby boy abandoned at the train station?
11. How do most hobos find out about the Whistle Stop Cafe?
(a) Idgie picks them out of the soup line.
(b) Hobos are not allowed in Whistle Stop.
(c) Through graffiti in boxcars.
(d) Through word-of-mouth advertising.
12. What is the one article of clothing Idgie refuses to wear?
(c) A hat.
(d) A dress.
13. In what shape is the statue that Vesta Adcock throws through the nursing home window?
(a) A flower.
(b) A porch swing.
(c) A heart.
(d) A slipper.
14. Which of the following accidents was Wilbur, Dot's husband, NOT a part of?
(a) Wilbur destroyed his car windsheild during a hail storm.
(b) Wilbur was swept up into a tornado as it passed through town.
(c) Wilbur was struck by lightning while fishing.
(d) Wilbur fell into an icy ditch while walking his dogs.
15. What is Mr. Limeway's nickname?
(d) Honey Bear.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives best describes Vest Adcock?
2. Which of the following men was NOT present on the day Ruth escaped from Frank?
3. What does Stump find a can of while walking to school, thinking that it has been chucked overboard by Railroad Bill?
4. Which of the following illnesses strikes Naughty Bird when she refuses to eat?
5. What is the one object Wilbur remembers to save from his garage while it burns down?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)