|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The amount of time from the increase in the quantity of money and the rise in prices is about:
2. In Great Britain, the post World War II trend has been toward:
3. Friedman believes that the income tax system is:
4. Special interest groups result in:
5. The purpose of the EPA is to:
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the two big issues faced in new drug approval?
2. What is inflation?
3. Do all workers benefit from unions?
4. What are the political realities of a democratic system, according to Friedman?
5. In what ways is the American Medical Association a labor union?
6. Explain how limiting the number of workers results in higher wages.
7. What does inflation mean for governments or people who are in debit?
8. What is the purpose of a labor union?
9. According to Friedman, what policy would promote economic stability?
10. What effect do special interest groups have upon government?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the functions of a labor union. In what ways to labor unions cause higher wages? Who benefits from labor unions and why?
Essay Topic 2
Friedman believes that government spending is less damaging than other forms of government controls. What are these other forms of government controls and why are they damaging? Do you agree with Friedman?
Essay Topic 3
Friedman says that special interests generally prevail over general interests. What does he mean by this? Do you agree with him? Why or why not?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)