|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Kenneth B. Clark describes public school system as:
2. Gresham's Law says that:
3. Objections to the school voucher plan include all but the following:
4. Inflation results when:
5. At the time the book was written, how many workers belonged to unions?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Friedman's views regarding big government?
2. Why do increases in the minimum wage result in unemployment?
3. Who led the effort for public education?
4. What does Friedman feel has been more damaging that government spending in terms of government controls?
5. What is the big advantage of the school voucher programs?
6. What is the scope of the Consumer Products Safety Commission?
7. What does inflation mean for governments or people who are in debit?
8. Most Western nations have economic goals and objectives. What happens when they fail to attain them?
9. What effect do special interest groups have upon government?
10. After the Depression and the centralization of government, education and schooling also became centralized. What are the effects of this centralization?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do workers in America need protection in the labor market? Why or why not? What kinds of laws are there that protect workers? Are you in favor of these laws?
Essay Topic 2
What is the price system? What are its important functions? Explains Adam Smiths invisible hand concept and how it works?
Essay Topic 3
Friedman says that special interests generally prevail over general interests. What does he mean by this? Do you agree with him? Why or why not?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)