|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The purpose of the Consumer Products Safety Commission is to:
2. According to Friedman, who is most likely to produce a shoddy product?
3. Washington D.C.:
4. The first schools were:
5. A school voucher program would:
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Friedman, what policy would promote economic stability?
2. In what way does the market function to protect consumers?
3. Do all workers benefit from unions?
4. What are Friedman's views regarding big government?
5. What is inflation?
6. What is the cure for inflation?
7. What effect do special interest groups have upon government?
8. What is the purpose of a labor union?
9. What is the scope of the Consumer Products Safety Commission?
10. What is the purpose of the Environmental Protection Agency?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Friedman proposes an economic Bill of Rights as a way of limiting the scope and growth of government. Discuss and evaluate Friedman's proposal. Do you think it is politically feasible? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Do workers in America need protection in the labor market? Why or why not? What kinds of laws are there that protect workers? Are you in favor of these laws?
Essay Topic 3
The New Deal refers to a group of programs enacted by the Roosevelt Administration to deal with the Great Depression. How did they represent a break with past policies? What precedent did they set in the way of spending? What has happened to government spending since then?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)