|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The school voucher program would give the parents:
2. The Environmental Protection Agency was formed in:
3. The amount of time from the increase in the quantity of money and the rise in prices is about:
4. During a hyperinflation:
5. Regarding public and private colleges and universities, the number of students who complete the undergraduate degrees is:
Short Essay Questions
1. Who led the effort for public education?
2. What is the cure for inflation?
3. What have parents been complaining of in recent years regarding public education?
4. After the Depression and the centralization of government, education and schooling also became centralized. What are the effects of this centralization?
5. Explain how limiting the number of workers results in higher wages.
6. In recent years, in what sector have unions experienced growth?
7. What is the purpose of the Environmental Protection Agency?
8. Do all workers benefit from unions?
9. What is the big advantage of the school voucher programs?
10. According to Friedman, what policy would promote economic stability?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is inflation? What are the causes of inflation? What are the cures for inflation? Distinguish between the causes of inflation and the side effects of the cure for inflation.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the problems involved in barter transactions? Why does this inhibit trade? How does money facilitate trade?
Essay Topic 3
Evaluate the school voucher program. Do you think it is a good idea? Who benefits the most from the program and why?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)