|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Friedman's view is that everyone who wants a higher education:
(a) should find a sponsor
(b) should be financed
(c) should have the higher education if he/she is willing to pay for it
(d) should receive government funding
2. Friedman believes that the income tax system is:
(a) in need of reform
(b) based on ability to pay
(c) needs more loopholes
3. What does Friedman call one of the most successful labor unions in history?
(d) the AMA
4. The Interstate Commerce Commission was formed to regulate:
(b) trade between states
(d) air traffic
5. Which kind of worker has no protection?
(a) states employees
(b) workers with no possible employer
(c) federal employees
(d) employees of a conglomerate
Short Answer Questions
1. Steps to limit the growth of government and spending have included all but:
2. The Department of Energy was formed in response to the:
3. New drugs cannot be marketed:
4. According to Friedman, the way to cure inflation is to:
5. The union does all but the following for its members:
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Friedman, what policy would promote economic stability?
2. As America was settled, what was one of the first things communities established?
3. In what ways is the American Medical Association a labor union?
4. How do industries gain control, or capture, the commission that regulates them?
5. What are the political realities of a democratic system, according to Friedman?
6. What have parents been complaining of in recent years regarding public education?
7. What can function as money?
8. Do all workers benefit from unions?
9. In what way does the market function to protect consumers?
10. What is the purpose of a labor union?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)