|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, What's Wrong with Our Schools?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What program would allow greater choices for parents?
(a) the school voucher program
(b) being able to select any school
(c) sending children to private schools
(d) making all education private
2. What is the cause of the failure of many welfare programs?
(a) lack of interest by the government
(b) design and implementation flaws
(c) lack of interest by the public
(d) lack of recipients
3. A coordinated restriction of payments by banks is used:
(a) meet the public's demands for currency
(b) intensify a run on banks
(c) to stop a run on banks
(d) faster a monetary expansion
4. What words did Thomas Jefferson write?
(a) all men are created equal
(b) there is no such thing as equality
(c) equality is not important
(d) equality is not a part of freedom
5. Government expands through all but:
(a) private enterprise
(c) regulatory activities
(d) welfare programs
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Fed sells bonds:
2. Which New Deal programs were declared unconstitutional?
3. New Deal temporary programs included all but:
4. The first thing Roosevelt did after his inauguration was to:
5. The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation:
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)