Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is ranked the same in value as the slaves?
2. Which slaveholders exhibit more morality?
3. Why does Douglass let his master's horse go?
4. Who is the new slaveholder in Chapter Nine that Douglass is not afraid to go to?
5. How many slaves has Mrs. Auld owned before?
The slave masters tears down and strips the slaves of their personalities. How is this process accomplished by the slave masters? Is this an effective method of controlling the slaves? Why or Why not?
At various times throughout Douglass's life, he finds a way to continue to hope, which carries him on in his difficult life as a slave. Discuss three or more examples and the circumstances around these situations. Why is Hope so vital to Douglass and other slaves?
How does the confrontation with Mr. Covey affect Douglass? Is this a turning point in Douglass's life? Why or why not?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)