Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is ranked the same in value as the slaves?
2. Which slaveholders exhibit more morality?
3. Why does Douglass let his master's horse go?
4. Who is the new slaveholder in Chapter Nine that Douglass is not afraid to go to?
5. How many slaves has Mrs. Auld owned before?
Essay Topic 1
How does the confrontation with Mr. Covey affect Douglass? Is this a turning point in Douglass's life? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Douglass uses irony throughout his book. Define irony and then discuss three examples of irony that Douglass uses. Why does Douglass use irony in describing his experiences as a slave?
Essay Topic 3
The slave masters tears down and strips the slaves of their personalities. How is this process accomplished by the slave masters? Is this an effective method of controlling the slaves? Why or Why not?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)