Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is ranked the same in value as the slaves?
2. Which slaveholders exhibit more morality?
3. Why does Douglass let his master's horse go?
4. Who is the new slaveholder in Chapter Nine that Douglass is not afraid to go to?
5. How many slaves has Mrs. Auld owned before?
Essay Topic 1
Every decision made determines the direction our life goes from that point forward. What are three examples of pivotal decisions Douglass makes throughout the narrative that greatly affect how his life turns out? Also, explain Douglass's reasoning for each of his decisions. Did they turn out the way he expected them to?
Essay Topic 2
How does the confrontation with Mr. Covey affect Douglass? Is this a turning point in Douglass's life? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Define what an abolitionist is to Douglass. Describe giving examples of the risks abolitionists face and their possible reasons for doing so. Why does Douglass want to risk his new-found freedom to help with the anti-slavery movement?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)