|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which slaveholders exhibit more morality?
(a) The Lloyds.
(b) City slaveholders.
(c) Southern slaveholders.
(d) The Garrisons.
2. What does Douglass compare the treatment of slaves in the city to?
(a) Treatment of slaves in the country.
(b) Treatment of pigs.
(c) Treatment of slaves in the South.
(d) Treatment of criminals.
3. What does Douglass's master teach him?
(a) Education will lead to his freedom.
(b) Slaves are smart.
(c) Learning is hard.
(d) Education will help him earn money.
4. How is Douglass's new master in Chapter Nine different than Douglass' previous owners?
(a) He's nice.
(b) He talks to Douglass like he does a white man.
(c) He beats Douglass.
(d) He's a coward.
5. What is the subject matter of two books that Douglass reads and finds interesting?
(a) How slavery will change in the future.
(b) Slavery covering both positions.
(c) Life of an educated white man.
(d) Life of an educated slave.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Douglass to change in Chapter Ten?
2. What is Douglass happy about receiving for his trip to help one of his master's relatives?
3. In what year does Chapter Ten start?
4. What does Douglass start to go through in Chapter Nine that is new to him?
5. What happens to Douglass when Master Thomas has a conflict with his brother?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)