|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the new slaveholder in Chapter Nine that Douglass is not afraid to go to?
(a) Mr. Carry.
(b) Mr. Covey.
(c) Mr. Leonard.
(d) Mr. Johnson.
2. Which master did the slaves know to be violent?
(a) Master Andrew.
(b) Master Thomas.
(c) Master Garrison.
(d) Master Lloyd.
3. In Chapter Five, why does Douglass not get treated as poorly as the other slaves?
(a) He works an extra hour a day.
(b) He is too young to work in the fields.
(c) He is liked by the master's wife.
(d) He plays with the master's children.
4. What is Douglass happy about receiving for his trip to help one of his master's relatives?
(a) A new shirt.
(b) His first pair of pants.
(c) A pair of shoes.
(d) A hair cut.
5. What does Douglass use of Master Thomas's to help him write?
(b) Spelling book.
(c) History book.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Douglass most upset about by the end of Chapter Eight?
2. What does the slave master tell his wife regarding not teaching slaves to read?
3. In what year does Chapter Ten start?
4. Where does Douglass sleep while working on the plantation as a child?
5. What does "abolitionist" mean?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)