|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Douglass have to work on occasion?
(a) Until two in the morning.
(b) Until midnight.
(c) Until one in the morning.
(d) Until ten.
2. What happens to Douglass when Master Thomas has a conflict with his brother?
(a) He is moved to St. Michael's.
(b) He is moved to Baltimore.
(c) He is beaten.
(d) He has to go work in the fields.
3. What is the job that Douglass performs for Daniel when he goes hunting?
(a) He retrieves the birds.
(b) He flushes out the birds.
(c) He does bird calls.
(d) He chases squirrels up trees.
4. What does Mr. Covey do in the morning and at night?
(a) Leave the farm to sell his goods.
(b) Beat the slaves.
(c) Read the Bible.
5. Who tries to help Douglass learn the alphabet?
(a) Mrs. Auld.
(b) Mr. Auld.
(c) Mr. Anthony.
(d) Mrs. Lloyd .
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the subject matter of two books that Douglass reads and finds interesting?
2. What makes Douglass unhappy during Chapter Seven?
3. What happens to Douglass's grandmother when she gets older?
4. What does Douglass trade to learn new written words?
5. Where is Douglass supposed to look while talking to the master's wife?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)