|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Douglass describe in detail in Chapter Seven?
(a) How he continues to learn to read and write.
(b) When he moves to another plantation.
(c) How he begins going to school.
(d) How he befriends a white child.
2. What does Douglass vow to do during Chapter Six?
(a) Go to school.
(b) Earn his freedom.
(c) Learn to count money.
(d) Learn to read.
3. What happens to Douglass after he is given to Mrs. Lucretia?
(a) He moves with her to North Carolina.
(b) He moves with her to South Carolina.
(c) She gives him to Master Andrew.
(d) He's sent back to the plantation he just came from.
4. When were the slaves able to rest on Mr. Covey's farm?
(a) Not very often.
(c) When the slave trainer was sleeping.
5. How long does Douglass have to work on occasion?
(a) Until ten.
(b) Until one in the morning.
(c) Until two in the morning.
(d) Until midnight.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who teaches Douglass some written words?
2. Why does Douglass let his master's horse go?
3. Where is Douglass supposed to look while talking to the master's wife?
4. What does Douglass's master teach him?
5. What does Douglass mainly do with his time off while working for Mr. Covey?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Douglass called back to his birth place?
2. What does Douglass experiences for the first time in Chapter Nine?
3. Explain the hopefulness of Douglass in Chapter Five.
4. Why is Douglass so captivated with Mrs. Auld?
5. What does Thomas say is the worst thing Douglass does?
6. What is the situation that causes Douglass to go work for Mr. Walter Price?
7. What is Douglass's life like while with Mr. Freeland?
8. Why does Douglass say he sees more clearly the results of slavery?
9. How does Douglass learn to read?
10. What is Douglass's grandmother's situation in Chapter Eight?
This section contains 929 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)