|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is the food that is given to the adult slaves suppose to last?
(a) One month.
(b) Two months.
(c) One week.
(d) Two weeks.
2. In what city in Massachusetts does Garrison hear the speech about slavery?
3. Near what river is the main farm Douglass works on?
(a) Miles River.
(b) Chippewa River.
(c) Maryland River.
(d) Mississippi River.
4. What is the name of the overseer who Douglass describes as cursing all day and whose death was seen as a blessing?
(a) Mr. Lloyd.
(b) Mr. Severe.
(c) Mr. Anthony.
(d) Mr. Hopkins.
5. What event does Phillips predict?
(a) His own death.
(b) The end of slavery the following year.
(c) The death of Douglass.
(d) The Civil War.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many farms does Colonel Edward Lloyd own?
2. In what time period of his life does Douglass's detailed descriptions in Chapter Two take place?
3. What does the slave master who replaced Mr. Hopkins want to do?
4. What do the slaves produce on the main farm besides tobacco and corn?
5. Why is Douglass shocked at seeing the female slave being beaten?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the situation surrounding Demby's death?
2. What is Colonel Lloyd's garden like?
3. What does Douglass mention in particular about the slaves suffering?
4. What is the irony regarding the slaves wanting to work at the main farm?
5. Why does Phillips risk his life to be a part of the anti-slavery movement?
6. Who is Wendell Phillips?
7. What upsets Douglass about his mother's death?
8. Why is Douglass so concerned about his age?
9. Why do the slaves claim that their master is better than other slaves' masters?
10. What does Philips say about Douglass and his life of slavery?
This section contains 964 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)