|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many slaves does Colonel Lloyd have in total?
(a) About thirteen hundred.
(b) About two thousand.
(c) About one thousand.
(d) About eight hundred.
2. What does Douglass focus on describing in Chapter Three?
(a) Slave families attempt at staying together.
(b) The luxuries of slaveholders .
(c) The punishments slaves endure.
(d) His teenage years.
3. What is William Lloyd Garrison well-known for being?
(a) A slave.
(b) A slave master.
(c) A Civil War soldier.
(d) An abolitionist.
4. What event does Phillips predict?
(a) The end of slavery the following year.
(b) The death of Douglass.
(c) The Civil War.
(d) His own death.
5. What is the possible real reason that the female slave was beaten?
(a) She is disobedent.
(b) She steals some food.
(c) She is found with a male slave and her master is jealous.
(d) She runs away, but is later caught.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the slave master who replaced Mr. Hopkins want to do?
2. How many house servants does Colonel Lloyd have?
3. According to Douglass, what do the slaves strive for?
4. What is a teenage girl in Douglass's own family killed for?
5. What does Colonel Lloyd do about one of his slaves getting killed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Wendell Phillips?
2. Why is Douglass so concerned about his age?
3. What is the importance of the songs that slaves sing?
4. What is the situation surrounding Demby's death?
5. What upsets Douglass about his mother's death?
6. Describe the Great House Farm.
7. What is the punishment, if any, for killing a slave?
8. What does Phillips compare slaves to?
9. Who is Austin Gore?
10. What information does Douglass know about himself?
This section contains 952 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)