|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the overseer who Douglass describes as cursing all day and whose death was seen as a blessing?
(a) Mr. Severe.
(b) Mr. Anthony.
(c) Mr. Lloyd.
(d) Mr. Hopkins.
2. How does Douglass describe the slave master who replaces Mr. Hopkins?
(a) As mean and nasty.
(b) As ruthless and violent.
(c) As scary.
(d) As hateful.
3. What does a slave need from his or her master to travel?
(a) A pass.
(b) Some money.
(c) A ticket.
(d) A letter.
4. What type of language is used in the First Preface?
(a) Direct language.
(b) Comical language.
(c) Simple language.
(d) Complicated language.
5. Who does Douglass have to fight with to get his daily food?
(c) Other slave children.
(d) All the slaves.
Short Answer Questions
1. Approximately how old is Douglass when he goes back to his birth place?
2. How many slaves has Mrs. Auld owned before?
3. What body of water does Phillips say Douglass has seen the ships sailing on?
4. What does the slave master who replaced Mr. Hopkins want to do?
5. Why does the slaveholder throw a female slave off the plantation in Chapter Nine?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)