|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Douglass vow to do during Chapter Six?
(a) Earn his freedom.
(b) Learn to count money.
(c) Learn to read.
(d) Go to school.
2. Who does Douglass marry after getting to the state where he becomes free?
3. Who does Douglass say he will miss from his former plantation?
(b) No one.
(c) Master Garrison.
(d) Master Daniel.
4. Why does Douglass like the job he does for Daniel?
(a) He doesn't have to work as hard.
(b) He gets to sleep later the next day.
(c) He gets food.
(d) He gets extra water.
5. What does Garrison scream at the end of his sermon?
(a) "WE CAN FREE THE SLAVES NOW!"
(b) "NO COMPROMISE WITH SLAVERY! NO UNION WITH SLAVEHOLDERS!"
(c) "FREE ALL THE SLAVES NOW!"
(d) "DEATH TO THE SLAVEHOLDERS!"
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Five, why does Douglass not get treated as poorly as the other slaves?
2. What is Douglass concerned about in Chapter One?
3. Who says, "I speak advisedly when I say this,--that killing a slave, or any colored person, in Talbot County, Maryland, is not treated as a crime, either by the courts or the community."
4. Who helps Frederick Douglass with his writing?
5. Whose offices and printing presses are destroyed in the Second Preface?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)