|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years is Daniel O'Connell a slave in Africa?
2. What is the name of the plantation owner where Douglass is treated better than other slaves?
(c) Lloyd .
3. What is the name of the overseer for the main farm house?
(a) Captain O'Connel.
(b) Captain Anthony.
(c) Captain Jack.
(d) Colonel Edward Lloyd.
4. What is Douglass concerned about in Chapter One?
(a) His age.
(b) His Mom.
(c) Not having enough food.
(d) Being beaten.
5. What is the female slave's name that Douglass describes being beaten by the supervisor?
(a) Ann Jester.
(b) Arlene Henry.
(c) Jan Harris.
(d) Aunt Hester.
Short Answer Questions
1. Phillips compares the Mississippi Valley to a story in what publication?
2. What does David Ruggles do for Douglass?
3. What rumor does Douglass tell about himself in Chapter one?
4. Whose offices and printing presses are destroyed in the Second Preface?
5. Who does Douglass begin Chapter One talking about?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)