|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Wendell Phillips is the son of a mayor of what city in Massachusetts?
2. Garrison asks the reader for sympathy for whom?
(b) The slaveholders.
(c) The "down-trodden victims."
(d) Frederick Douglass.
3. What happens to Douglass at the end of Chapter Nine?
(a) He is traded to a new master for a horse.
(b) He runs away.
(c) He's lent to a slaveholder to be taught how to obey.
(d) He is sold to a new master.
4. What does Douglass mainly do with his time off while working for Mr. Covey?
(c) Visit with street children.
5. What does the slaveholder use as a way to justify slavery?
(b) The need for workers.
(c) Slaves need guidance to survive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Douglass take with him when he goes on errands?
2. Approximately how old is Douglass when he goes back to his birth place?
3. Why does Douglass let his master's horse go?
4. When is Garrison's newspaper published?
5. Garrison builds up Douglass as an icon of what movement?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)