|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter Five, why does Douglass not get treated as poorly as the other slaves?
(a) He works an extra hour a day.
(b) He is too young to work in the fields.
(c) He is liked by the master's wife.
(d) He plays with the master's children.
2. What is a teenage girl in Douglass's own family killed for?
(a) Talking to the masters children.
(b) Not properly cleaning the kitchen.
(c) Feeding the house animals too much.
(d) Falling asleep while babysitting.
3. What stays in Douglass's memory for the rest of his life?
(a) The images of slaves being hung.
(b) The emotional impact of babies being taken from their mothers.
(c) The emotional impact of the songs the slaves sing.
(d) The images of the slaves being beaten.
4. What does Frederick Douglass say disgusts him?
(a) Slaveholders forcing themselves on slave women, then having children with them.
(c) Slaves being beaten .
(d) Slave traders.
5. What brings tears to Douglass's eyes?
(a) The emotional impact of babies being taken from their mothers.
(b) The images of slaves being hung.
(c) The images of the slaves being beaten.
(d) The memory of slaves singing.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Douglass's new master in Chapter Nine different than Douglass' previous owners?
2. Who does Douglass's first master oversee?
3. How long is the food that is given to the adult slaves suppose to last?
4. What does Douglass hope for by going to the new farm where he is lent to a man for a year?
5. Who does Douglass have to fight with to get his daily food?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)