|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Douglass hope for by going to the new farm where he is lent to a man for a year?
(a) To have the chance to run away.
(b) To have more food.
(c) To be beaten less.
(d) To have more time to read.
2. Who does Douglass marry after getting to the state where he becomes free?
3. Where does Douglass sleep while working on the plantation as a child?
(a) In a hay stack.
(b) In a corn sack on the dirt floor.
(c) In one of the animal's stalls.
(d) Under a blanket on the dirt floor.
4. What is the name of the slave who is killed in the water when he refuses to get out after being beaten?
5. Phillips compares the Mississippi Valley to a story in what publication?
(a) A newspaper.
(b) The Bible.
(c) A journal.
(d) A letter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which slaveholders exhibit more morality?
2. What does Douglass describe in Chapter Five?
3. How long is the food that is given to the adult slaves suppose to last?
4. What causes Douglass to change in Chapter Ten?
5. What does Douglass vow to do during Chapter Six?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)