|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Phillips compare Douglass to?
(a) Slave Masters.
(c) The writers of the Constitution.
(d) Civil War Soldiers.
2. What does Douglass describe in Chapter Five?
(a) How slaves are punished.
(b) How slaves are traded.
(c) Relationships of slaves.
(d) How he is treated as a slave.
3. What does Mr. Covey do in the morning and at night?
(a) Beat the slaves.
(c) Leave the farm to sell his goods.
(d) Read the Bible.
4. What happens to Douglass after he is given to Mrs. Lucretia?
(a) He's sent back to the plantation he just came from.
(b) He moves with her to South Carolina.
(c) He moves with her to North Carolina.
(d) She gives him to Master Andrew.
5. What is Douglass's concern symbolic for?
(a) Lack of control.
(b) Feeling helpless.
(c) Loss of his identity.
(d) Not being loved.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many shirts does each working slave get for a year?
2. What is Douglass irritated with his mother for?
3. What is the writer of the second preface famous for?
4. What does the Colonel do when the slaves disrespect him?
5. Who gives the anti-slavery speech in Massachusetts?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)