|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Phillips compares the Mississippi Valley to a story in what publication?
(a) The Bible.
(b) A newspaper.
(c) A journal.
(d) A letter.
2. How long is the food that is given to the adult slaves suppose to last?
(a) One week.
(b) One month.
(c) Two months.
(d) Two weeks.
3. Why does Douglass not trust anyone after he escapes?
(a) Because of the years of beatings.
(b) Because of kidnappers who take slaves back to the South.
(c) Because of someone stealing from him when he first became free.
(d) Because he is told by another previous slave that there is slavery in the North, too.
4. Why does Douglass have to go back to his birth place?
(a) He gets in trouble .
(b) His first master dies and has no will.
(c) His first master wants him to go with his son.
(d) His first master is mad with his current owners.
5. When is Garrison's newspaper published?
(a) Before, during, and after the Civil War.
(b) Before the Civil War.
(c) After the Civil War.
(d) During the Civil War.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Slave Master Mr. Hopkins replaced with?
2. What does the father and son slave team take care of on the Colonel's farm?
3. How long does Douglass have to work on occasion?
4. What is the subject matter of two books that Douglass reads and finds interesting?
5. What plan does Douglass decide not to give up on by the end of Chapter Eight?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)