|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Douglass say the slaveholders feel they are protected by?
(d) Town Mayors.
2. What is the job that Douglass performs for Daniel when he goes hunting?
(a) He chases squirrels up trees.
(b) He retrieves the birds.
(c) He flushes out the birds.
(d) He does bird calls.
3. What brings tears to Douglass's eyes?
(a) The emotional impact of babies being taken from their mothers.
(b) The images of slaves being hung.
(c) The memory of slaves singing.
(d) The images of the slaves being beaten.
4. Where is Douglass supposed to look while talking to the master's wife?
(a) Look at the floor.
(b) Look ahead, just not right at her.
(c) Look her in the eyes.
(d) Look away.
5. What does Douglass use to practice his writing?
(a) Quill and ink.
(d) Stick in the dirt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frederick Douglass say disgusts him?
2. What is the "West Indies Experiment?"
3. How many years is Daniel O'Connell a slave in Africa?
4. Garrison asks the reader for sympathy for whom?
5. Why is Douglass shocked at seeing the female slave being beaten?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)