|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Douglass vow to do during Chapter Six?
(a) Learn to read.
(b) Learn to count money.
(c) Go to school.
(d) Earn his freedom.
2. Which relatives' names does Douglass know?
(a) His father and his parents.
(b) His father and his uncle.
(c) His mother and his aunt.
(d) His mother and her parents.
3. How many years does Garrison publish his newspaper?
(a) 35 years.
(b) 25 years.
(c) 15 years.
(d) 10 years.
4. How is Douglass's new master in Chapter Nine different than Douglass' previous owners?
(a) He's nice.
(b) He talks to Douglass like he does a white man.
(c) He beats Douglass.
(d) He's a coward.
5. What does Douglass start to go through in Chapter Nine that is new to him?
(a) Less work and more time to play.
(b) Extreme beatings.
(c) More freedom.
(d) Extreme hunger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Colonel Lloyd do about one of his slaves getting killed?
2. What newspaper does Douglass subscribe to?
3. Why does Douglass not trust anyone after he escapes?
4. What does Phillips say he did while reading what Douglass had written?
5. Why does the Colonel put tar on the fence?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)