|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the "West Indies Experiment?"
(a) An experiment to make white people slaves.
(b) An experiment to see if slaves that were freed would be just as productive as the slaves who were not.
(c) An experiment to test working conditions on plantations.
(d) An experiment to keep slave families together.
2. At what age are slave children separated from their mothers?
(a) Before turning one.
(b) Before turning five.
(c) Before turning three.
(d) At two years of age.
3. What does Douglass compare the treatment of slaves in the city to?
(a) Treatment of slaves in the South.
(b) Treatment of slaves in the country.
(c) Treatment of pigs.
(d) Treatment of criminals.
4. What do the slaves produce on the main farm besides tobacco and corn?
5. What does Douglass think will help him to become a free slave?
(a) Moving to live with his master's relative.
(b) God's spirit living in him.
(c) Doing what he's told.
(d) The kindness of his master.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of writing is the second preface?
2. Who is Slave Master Mr. Hopkins replaced with?
3. What body of water does Phillips say Douglass has seen the ships sailing on?
4. Why does Douglass like the job he does for Daniel?
5. What happens to Douglass when Master Thomas has a conflict with his brother?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)