|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tries to help Douglass learn the alphabet?
(a) Mr. Auld.
(b) Mrs. Auld.
(c) Mrs. Lloyd .
(d) Mr. Anthony.
2. How many overseers are there for the farms that Colonel Edward Lloyd owns?
(a) There is one overseer for every three farms and one main overseer for all.
(b) There is one overseer for each farm and one main overseer for all.
(c) There are two overseers for the farms.
(d) There is only one overseer .
3. What does Douglass vow to do during Chapter Six?
(a) Learn to count money.
(b) Learn to read.
(c) Go to school.
(d) Earn his freedom.
4. What is the name of the newspaper Garrison publishes?
(a) The Slave Trader.
(b) The Slave Master.
(c) New Englander.
(d) The Liberator.
5. What are the ships Phillips describes in the second preface carrying?
Short Answer Questions
1. Phillips compares the Mississippi Valley to a story in what publication?
2. Where is Douglass sent to live in order to help a relative of his master?
3. What is the writer of the second preface famous for?
4. How many slaves has Mrs. Auld owned before?
5. What does Douglass not have enough time to do while working for Mr. Covey?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)