|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Douglass describe as "heavenly"?
(a) Mr. Covey.
(b) Master Hugh.
(c) Mr. Freeland .
(d) Captain Auld.
2. What rumor does Douglass tell about himself in Chapter one?
(a) His father is a Civil War soldier.
(b) His father is a white man.
(c) His father is a lawyer.
(d) His father is a slave trader.
3. What makes Douglass unhappy during Chapter Seven?
(a) His new found knowledge about slavery.
(b) Missing his mother.
(c) Being starved.
(d) Being beaten.
4. Garrison refers to Douglas as a man with...
(a) "High regard."
(b) "A body ravaged by time."
(c) "Commanding stature."
(d) "Little hope."
5. Garrison builds up Douglass as an icon of what movement?
Short Answer Questions
1. What later happens to the person whose offices and printing presses are destroyed?
2. Who does Douglass's first master oversee?
3. How many years is Daniel O'Connell a slave in Africa?
4. Who became an abusive alcoholic?
5. Who does Douglass say the slaveholders feel they are protected by?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)