|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the slaveholder throw a female slave off the plantation in Chapter Nine?
(a) He catches her with another slave and is jealous.
(b) She is disabled from a fire.
(c) She is too young to do any work.
(d) She is his half sister.
2. Who is Whittier?
(a) A slaveholder.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A poet.
3. Who helps Frederick Douglass with his writing?
(a) No one.
(b) James McAlister.
(c) William L. Garrison.
(d) Daniel O'Connell.
4. Which state does Frederick Douglass come from?
5. Where do Douglass and his new bride go?
(a) New Baltimore.
(b) New Hampshire.
(c) New York City.
(d) New Bedford.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Colonel Lloyd own that takes five men to maintain?
2. Who does Douglass's first master have as a supervisor?
3. Who teaches Douglass some written words?
4. What plan does Douglass decide not to give up on by the end of Chapter Eight?
5. What is one of the contrasting effects of slavery that Douglass suffers, according to Garrison?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)