|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What best defines what mulatto means?
(a) A person who is violent to slaves.
(b) An adulterous relationship between a master and a slave.
(c) A slave child.
(d) A person who has one white parent and one blank parent.
2. Where is Douglass sent to live in order to help a relative of his master?
(c) To a nearby farm.
3. Who says, "It would forever unfit him to be a slave?"
(a) Mrs. Auld.
(b) Mr. Anthony.
(c) Mr. Lloyd.
(d) Mr. Auld.
4. What extreme example does Douglass give in Chapter Four of what slaveholders are able to get away with?
(a) Overworking slaves.
(b) Starving slaves.
(c) Murdering slaves.
(d) Beating slaves.
5. What does Phillips say he did while reading what Douglass had written?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Douglas think Mr. Hopkins is replaced?
2. How many slaves does Colonel Lloyd have in total?
3. Who helps Frederick Douglass with his writing?
4. What job does Douglass get as a free man?
5. Who teaches Douglass some written words?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)