|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who writes the second preface?
(a) Daniel O'Connell.
(b) William Lloyd Garrison.
(c) Frederick Douglass.
(d) Wendell Phillips.
2. What does Mr. Covey do to keep the slaves working all the time?
(a) Let them sleep longer if they work more.
(b) Beat them if they stop working.
(c) Sneak up on them.
(d) Give them more food if they continue working.
3. What is the writer of the second preface famous for?
(a) Being a slave trainer.
(b) Being a slave master.
(d) Being an anti-slavery orator.
4. Which state does Frederick Douglass come from?
5. Who does Douglass marry after getting to the state where he becomes free?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of language is used in the First Preface?
2. What is the name of the slave who is killed in the water when he refuses to get out after being beaten?
3. What later happens to the person whose offices and printing presses are destroyed?
4. What happens to Douglass at the end of Chapter Nine?
5. Who does Douglass's first master have as a supervisor?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)