|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the slave master tell his wife regarding not teaching slaves to read?
(a) He said that it's not safe.
(b) He said they would be unmanageable.
(c) He said that it's against the law.
(d) All are correct.
2. What does Douglass describe in detail in Chapter Two?
(a) His mother and her parents.
(b) His brother and sisters.
(c) His aunts and uncles.
(d) His first masters and the farms he lives on.
3. Why does Douglass have to go back to his birth place?
(a) His first master is mad with his current owners.
(b) His first master dies and has no will.
(c) His first master wants him to go with his son.
(d) He gets in trouble .
4. What are the ships Phillips describes in the second preface carrying?
5. What is the name of the newspaper Garrison publishes?
(a) New Englander.
(b) The Slave Master.
(c) The Slave Trader.
(d) The Liberator.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose offices and printing presses are destroyed in the Second Preface?
2. What does the slave trainer that Douglass is lent to for a year get a female slave for?
3. Where is the punishment of slaves and the food given out?
4. What does Colonel Lloyd own that takes five men to maintain?
5. Wendell Phillips is the son of a mayor of what city in Massachusetts?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)