|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Douglass have to go back to his birth place?
(a) His first master is mad with his current owners.
(b) His first master dies and has no will.
(c) He gets in trouble .
(d) His first master wants him to go with his son.
2. Where does Douglass sleep while working on the plantation as a child?
(a) In a corn sack on the dirt floor.
(b) In a hay stack.
(c) In one of the animal's stalls.
(d) Under a blanket on the dirt floor.
3. When Mr. Lanman brags about the two killings what happens?
(b) He has to set two slaves free.
(c) He has to pay a fine.
(d) He goes to jail for one night.
4. What does Douglass use of Master Thomas's to help him write?
(a) Spelling book.
(d) History book.
5. Why does the Colonel put tar on the fence?
(a) To identify any slave that attempts to steal.
(b) To keep the animals away.
(c) To ruin the slaves only clothes if they try to climb it.
(d) To know if the slaves try to escape.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Douglass compare the way slaves are treated to?
2. How many slaves has Mrs. Auld owned before?
3. How many years does Garrison publish his newspaper?
4. What does Douglass vow to do during Chapter Six?
5. What is the year that Douglass first remembers when he moved?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)