|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the job that Douglass performs for Daniel when he goes hunting?
(a) He retrieves the birds.
(b) He flushes out the birds.
(c) He chases squirrels up trees.
(d) He does bird calls.
2. Phillips compares the Mississippi Valley to a story in what publication?
(a) A letter.
(b) The Bible.
(c) A newspaper.
(d) A journal.
3. Why do the slaves say kind words about their masters?
(a) To gain better living accomadations.
(b) To gain the masters respect.
(c) Because they are afraid of being traded away.
(d) To receive more food.
4. Near what river is the main farm Douglass works on?
(a) Mississippi River.
(b) Chippewa River.
(c) Maryland River.
(d) Miles River.
5. What is the name of the overseer who Douglass describes as cursing all day and whose death was seen as a blessing?
(a) Mr. Hopkins.
(b) Mr. Anthony.
(c) Mr. Lloyd.
(d) Mr. Severe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the plantation owner where Douglass is treated better than other slaves?
2. What does the slave master who replaces Mr. Hopkins expect from the slaves?
3. How is Douglass's new master in Chapter Nine different than Douglass' previous owners?
4. Why is Douglass's new master in Chapter Nine different than his previous owners?
5. What does Douglass start to go through in Chapter Nine that is new to him?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)