|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What stays in Douglass's memory for the rest of his life?
(a) The emotional impact of the songs the slaves sing.
(b) The images of the slaves being beaten.
(c) The emotional impact of babies being taken from their mothers.
(d) The images of slaves being hung.
2. What type of style does the First Preface take on?
(d) A religious sermon.
3. What job does Douglass get as a free man?
(a) Working in a lumber mill.
(b) Putting oil on a boat.
(c) Cleaning a bar.
(d) Cleaning steamboats.
4. What happens to Douglass's grandmother when she gets older?
(a) She has to move to a mud hut in the woods.
(b) She is freed.
(c) She is allowed to go and take Douglass with her.
(d) She continues to care for her master.
5. What does David Ruggles do for Douglass?
(a) Helps him get a paying job.
(b) Gives him money.
(c) Gives him a ticket for a steamboat.
(d) Gives him room and board.
Short Answer Questions
1. What best defines what mulatto means?
2. How many slaves does Colonel Lloyd have in total?
3. Where does Douglass's master go in Chapter Nine that changes his behavior?
4. Why do the slaves say kind words about their masters?
5. What is a main theme that Douglass uses in Chapter Three?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)