|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many slaves does Colonel Lloyd have in total?
(a) About two thousand.
(b) About thirteen hundred.
(c) About one thousand.
(d) About eight hundred.
2. What best defines what mulatto means?
(a) A person who has one white parent and one blank parent.
(b) A slave child.
(c) A person who is violent to slaves.
(d) An adulterous relationship between a master and a slave.
3. What does Douglass describe in Chapter Five?
(a) How slaves are punished.
(b) Relationships of slaves.
(c) How slaves are traded.
(d) How he is treated as a slave.
4. How many farms does Colonel Edward Lloyd own?
(a) More than thirty.
(b) More than twenty.
(c) More than ten.
5. What type of language is used in the First Preface?
(a) Simple language.
(b) Direct language.
(c) Comical language.
(d) Complicated language.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Douglass unhappy during Chapter Seven?
2. How many years does Garrison publish his newspaper?
3. What does the slave master who replaces Mr. Hopkins expect from the slaves?
4. Who tries to help Douglass learn the alphabet?
5. What rumor does Douglass tell about himself in Chapter one?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)