|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Lanman kill one of two slaves?
2. Garrison builds up Douglass as an icon of what movement?
3. Who does Phillips watch being dragged off to be lynched?
(a) William Lloyd Garrison.
(b) Frederick Douglass.
(c) James McAlister.
(d) Daniel O'Connell.
4. What does Douglass vow to do during Chapter Six?
(a) Learn to count money.
(b) Learn to read.
(c) Go to school.
(d) Earn his freedom.
5. Where is Douglass sent to live in order to help a relative of his master?
(b) To a nearby farm.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose offices and printing presses are destroyed in the Second Preface?
2. Who ran after Douglass to take the newspaper or a book away?
3. What is one of the contrasting effects of slavery that Douglass suffers, according to Garrison?
4. Who writes the second preface?
5. Where is the punishment of slaves and the food given out?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)