|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Garrison scream at the end of his sermon?
(a) "WE CAN FREE THE SLAVES NOW!"
(b) "DEATH TO THE SLAVEHOLDERS!"
(c) "FREE ALL THE SLAVES NOW!"
(d) "NO COMPROMISE WITH SLAVERY! NO UNION WITH SLAVEHOLDERS!"
2. What are the ships Phillips describes in the second preface carrying?
3. What does Douglass trade to learn new written words?
(b) A piece of candy.
4. What does Douglass describe in Chapter Five?
(a) How slaves are punished.
(b) Relationships of slaves.
(c) How slaves are traded.
(d) How he is treated as a slave.
5. While Douglass talks about slavery, what does he have flashbacks about?
(a) His family.
(b) His first master.
(c) His first love.
(d) A friend who is a slave as a child.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the slave master who replaced Mr. Hopkins want to do?
2. What does Douglass compare the treatment of slaves in the city to?
3. How does Douglass describe the slave master who replaces Mr. Hopkins?
4. Who does Phillips compare Douglass to?
5. What does "abolitionist" mean?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)