|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Douglass describe in detail in Chapter Seven?
(a) How he befriends a white child.
(b) How he continues to learn to read and write.
(c) When he moves to another plantation.
(d) How he begins going to school.
2. How many slaves are at the main farm?
(a) Thirty or forty.
(b) Ten or twenty.
(c) Three or four hundred.
(d) Four or five hundred.
3. What does the author of the Second Preface compare slaves to?
4. Who says, "It would forever unfit him to be a slave?"
(a) Mr. Auld.
(b) Mrs. Auld.
(c) Mr. Anthony.
(d) Mr. Lloyd.
5. What is the subject matter of two books that Douglass reads and finds interesting?
(a) Life of an educated slave.
(b) How slavery will change in the future.
(c) Life of an educated white man.
(d) Slavery covering both positions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a teenage girl in Douglass's own family killed for?
2. In Chapter Five, why does Douglass not get treated as poorly as the other slaves?
3. Who teaches Douglass some written words?
4. What do the slaves produce on the main farm besides tobacco and corn?
5. What is Douglass happy about receiving for his trip to help one of his master's relatives?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)