|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Garrison refers to Douglas as a man with...
(a) "A body ravaged by time."
(b) "Little hope."
(c) "Commanding stature."
(d) "High regard."
2. What type of style does the First Preface take on?
(c) A religious sermon.
3. What does a slave need from his or her master to travel?
(a) A ticket.
(b) A pass.
(c) Some money.
(d) A letter.
4. What is the "West Indies Experiment?"
(a) An experiment to see if slaves that were freed would be just as productive as the slaves who were not.
(b) An experiment to keep slave families together.
(c) An experiment to test working conditions on plantations.
(d) An experiment to make white people slaves.
5. What does Garrison scream at the end of his sermon?
(a) "FREE ALL THE SLAVES NOW!"
(b) "WE CAN FREE THE SLAVES NOW!"
(c) "NO COMPROMISE WITH SLAVERY! NO UNION WITH SLAVEHOLDERS!"
(d) "DEATH TO THE SLAVEHOLDERS!"
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the ships Phillips describes in the second preface carrying?
2. Garrison builds up Douglass as an icon of what movement?
3. What is the name of the newspaper Garrison publishes?
4. What extreme example does Douglass give in Chapter Four of what slaveholders are able to get away with?
5. Who ran after Douglass to take the newspaper or a book away?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)