|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Garrison asks the reader for sympathy for whom?
(a) The "down-trodden victims."
(b) The slaveholders.
(d) Frederick Douglass.
2. What is the name of the overseer for the main farm house?
(a) Captain Jack.
(b) Colonel Edward Lloyd.
(c) Captain Anthony.
(d) Captain O'Connel.
3. Where is Douglass sent to live in order to help a relative of his master?
(c) To a nearby farm.
4. In what time period of his life does Douglass's detailed descriptions in Chapter Two take place?
(a) Two years of his childhood.
(b) His twenties.
(c) His teenage years.
(d) When he meets his first love.
5. What is a teenage girl in Douglass's own family killed for?
(a) Falling asleep while babysitting.
(b) Not properly cleaning the kitchen.
(c) Talking to the masters children.
(d) Feeding the house animals too much.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is the food that is given to the adult slaves suppose to last?
2. When Mr. Lanman brags about the two killings what happens?
3. What event does Phillips predict?
4. When is Garrison's newspaper published?
5. Who does Phillips watch being dragged off to be lynched?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)