|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who ran after Douglass to take the newspaper or a book away?
(a) Mr. Auld.
(b) Mr. Daniel.
(c) Mrs. Lloyd.
(d) Mrs. Auld.
2. What does Douglass take with him when he goes on errands?
(a) A stick to write in the dirt.
(b) A newspaper.
(c) A piece of paper.
(d) A book.
3. Who are the Thomases?
(a) Slave family who is sold and separated.
(b) Slaveholders who take good care of their slaves.
(c) Southern slaveholders.
(d) City slaveholders.
4. What is the writer of the second preface famous for?
(a) Being a slave trainer.
(c) Being an anti-slavery orator.
(d) Being a slave master.
5. At what age are slave children separated from their mothers?
(a) Before turning one.
(b) Before turning three.
(c) At two years of age.
(d) Before turning five.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who writes the second preface?
2. How does Mr. Lanman kill one of two slaves?
3. Who says, "I speak advisedly when I say this,--that killing a slave, or any colored person, in Talbot County, Maryland, is not treated as a crime, either by the courts or the community."
4. Who does Douglass's first master have as a supervisor?
5. What event does Phillips predict?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)