|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does "abolitionist" mean?
(a) Someone who wants all slaves in the North free.
(b) A person from the south who is fighting to keep slavery laws intact.
(c) Someone who wants to get rid of slavery.
(d) Someone who works to make laws for slaveholders stronger.
2. How old does Douglass think he is in the First Chapter?
(a) 25 or 26 years old.
(b) 27 or 28 years old.
(c) 29 or 30 years old.
(d) 20 or 21 years old.
3. Why do the slaves say kind words about their masters?
(a) To gain the masters respect.
(b) To receive more food.
(c) Because they are afraid of being traded away.
(d) To gain better living accomadations.
4. Near what river is the main farm Douglass works on?
(a) Miles River.
(b) Maryland River.
(c) Chippewa River.
(d) Mississippi River.
5. According to Douglass, what do the slaves strive for?
(a) To get an additional blanket.
(b) To be the head slave.
(c) To work at the main farm.
(d) To get extra food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the newspaper Garrison publishes?
2. Where is Douglass supposed to look while talking to the master's wife?
3. What does Douglass trade to learn new written words?
4. What is the female slave's name that Douglass describes being beaten by the supervisor?
5. Approximately how many issues of his newspaper does Garrison publish?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)