|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the slave master who replaced Mr. Hopkins want to do?
(a) Increase his position with Colonel Lloyd.
(b) Buy his own farm.
(c) Earn enough money to buy his own slaves.
(d) Keep his job by not being overly noticed.
2. What does Wendell Phillips do for a living?
(a) He is a writer.
(b) He is a publisher.
(c) He is a soldier.
(d) He is a lawyer.
3. What does Douglass trade to learn new written words?
(c) A piece of candy.
4. What does Douglass describe in Chapter Five?
(a) How he is treated as a slave.
(b) How slaves are traded.
(c) How slaves are punished.
(d) Relationships of slaves.
5. What is the name of the slave who is killed in the water when he refuses to get out after being beaten?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who writes the first preface of the Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass, an American Slave?
2. What does Douglass vow to do during Chapter Six?
3. What does Douglass use of Master Thomas's to help him write?
4. What does the slave master who replaces Mr. Hopkins expect from the slaves?
5. What is the name of the overseer for the main farm house?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)