|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "I speak advisedly when I say this,--that killing a slave, or any colored person, in Talbot County, Maryland, is not treated as a crime, either by the courts or the community."
(a) Daniel O'Connell.
(b) William Lloyd Garrison.
(c) Frederick Douglass.
(d) Wendell Phillips.
2. About what age is Douglass when his mother dies?
3. What does Douglass describe in detail in Chapter Two?
(a) His brother and sisters.
(b) His first masters and the farms he lives on.
(c) His aunts and uncles.
(d) His mother and her parents.
4. How does Garrison describe Douglass's nature?
5. What does Douglass take with him when he goes on errands?
(a) A newspaper.
(b) A book.
(c) A stick to write in the dirt.
(d) A piece of paper.
Short Answer Questions
1. Garrison asks the reader for sympathy for whom?
2. While Douglass talks about slavery, what does he have flashbacks about?
3. What is the possible real reason that the female slave was beaten?
4. According to Douglass, what do the slaves strive for?
5. What type of writing is the second preface?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)