|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What later happens to the person whose offices and printing presses are destroyed?
(a) The person moves away.
(b) The person goes to jail.
(c) The person gets help and rebuilds what was destroyed.
(d) The person is murdered.
2. How many overseers are there for the farms that Colonel Edward Lloyd owns?
(a) There is one overseer for every three farms and one main overseer for all.
(b) There are two overseers for the farms.
(c) There is only one overseer .
(d) There is one overseer for each farm and one main overseer for all.
3. According to Douglass, what do the slaves strive for?
(a) To work at the main farm.
(b) To be the head slave.
(c) To get an additional blanket.
(d) To get extra food.
4. What is the job that Douglass performs for Daniel when he goes hunting?
(a) He chases squirrels up trees.
(b) He retrieves the birds.
(c) He flushes out the birds.
(d) He does bird calls.
5. What happens when Phillips goes to the police about issues related to slavery?
(a) The police put Phillips in jail.
(b) The police find the wrongdoers and punish them.
(c) The police investigate .
(d) The police do nothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives the anti-slavery speech in Massachusetts?
2. What does "abolitionist" mean?
3. Whose offices and printing presses are destroyed in the Second Preface?
4. Why does Douglass like the job he does for Daniel?
5. What type of writing is the second preface?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)