|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many slaves does Colonel Lloyd have in total?
(a) About one thousand.
(b) About eight hundred.
(c) About two thousand.
(d) About thirteen hundred.
2. Who says, "It would forever unfit him to be a slave?"
(a) Mrs. Auld.
(b) Mr. Lloyd.
(c) Mr. Anthony.
(d) Mr. Auld.
3. Who gives the anti-slavery speech in Massachusetts?
(a) William Smith.
(b) Frederick Douglass.
(c) Paul Davenport.
(d) Daniel O'Connell.
4. What does Douglass realize about education in Chapter Six?
(a) Uneducated slaves can be controlled.
(b) He is smart.
(c) Learning to read will help him earn money.
(d) Slaves can be educated.
5. Who are the Thomases?
(a) Slave family who is sold and separated.
(b) Slaveholders who take good care of their slaves.
(c) Southern slaveholders.
(d) City slaveholders.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wendell Phillips do for a living?
2. Who does Douglass's first master oversee?
3. What are the ships Phillips describes in the second preface carrying?
4. What is the job that Douglass performs for Daniel when he goes hunting?
5. What makes Douglass unhappy during Chapter Seven?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)