|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What later happens to the person whose offices and printing presses are destroyed?
(a) The person gets help and rebuilds what was destroyed.
(b) The person is murdered.
(c) The person goes to jail.
(d) The person moves away.
2. What type of writing is the second preface?
(a) A letter.
(b) A poem.
(c) An essay.
(d) A short story.
3. What is the possible real reason that the female slave was beaten?
(a) She is disobedent.
(b) She steals some food.
(c) She is found with a male slave and her master is jealous.
(d) She runs away, but is later caught.
4. In what time period of his life does Douglass's detailed descriptions in Chapter Two take place?
(a) His teenage years.
(b) His twenties.
(c) Two years of his childhood.
(d) When he meets his first love.
5. About what age is Douglass when his mother dies?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the newspaper Garrison publishes?
2. What is Douglass's concern symbolic for?
3. What is Douglass happy about receiving for his trip to help one of his master's relatives?
4. In Chapter Five, why does Douglass not get treated as poorly as the other slaves?
5. What are the ships Phillips describes in the second preface carrying?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)