|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Douglass concerned about in Chapter One?
(a) His Mom.
(b) His age.
(c) Being beaten.
(d) Not having enough food.
2. Who does Douglass's first master oversee?
(a) Most of the overseers.
(b) Two of the overseers.
(c) Three of the overseers.
(d) All of the overseers.
3. Phillips compares the Mississippi Valley to a story in what publication?
(a) A journal.
(b) The Bible.
(c) A letter.
(d) A newspaper.
4. What is the competition among the slaves?
(a) Who has the most food left after a week.
(b) The one who is yelled at the least.
(c) Each insists that their master is better than the other's master.
(d) Who could go without a beating for the longest.
5. When is Garrison's newspaper published?
(a) After the Civil War.
(b) Before, during, and after the Civil War.
(c) Before the Civil War.
(d) During the Civil War.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who teaches Douglass some written words?
2. What is the name of the main farm house that Colonel Edward Lloyd owns?
3. How does Douglass describe the slave master who replaces Mr. Hopkins?
4. How long is the food that is given to the adult slaves suppose to last?
5. What does Wendell Phillips do for a living?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)