|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Douglass vow to do during Chapter Six?
(a) Go to school.
(b) Earn his freedom.
(c) Learn to count money.
(d) Learn to read.
2. What does Wendell Phillips do for a living?
(a) He is a soldier.
(b) He is a writer.
(c) He is a lawyer.
(d) He is a publisher.
3. In Chapter Five, why does Douglass not get treated as poorly as the other slaves?
(a) He works an extra hour a day.
(b) He is too young to work in the fields.
(c) He plays with the master's children.
(d) He is liked by the master's wife.
4. Who are the Thomases?
(a) Slaveholders who take good care of their slaves.
(b) Southern slaveholders.
(c) Slave family who is sold and separated.
(d) City slaveholders.
5. How many years does Garrison publish his newspaper?
(a) 25 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 15 years.
(d) 35 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. Lanman kill one of two slaves?
2. Where is Douglass sent to live in order to help a relative of his master?
3. What type of style does the First Preface take on?
4. What is the "West Indies Experiment?"
5. What does Frederick Douglass say disgusts him?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)