|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the subject matter of two books that Douglass reads and finds interesting?
(a) Life of an educated slave.
(b) Slavery covering both positions.
(c) Life of an educated white man.
(d) How slavery will change in the future.
2. What does "abolitionist" mean?
(a) Someone who wants to get rid of slavery.
(b) Someone who wants all slaves in the North free.
(c) Someone who works to make laws for slaveholders stronger.
(d) A person from the south who is fighting to keep slavery laws intact.
3. What does Douglass compare the treatment of slaves in the city to?
(a) Treatment of criminals.
(b) Treatment of slaves in the South.
(c) Treatment of pigs.
(d) Treatment of slaves in the country.
4. Where is Douglass sent to live in order to help a relative of his master?
(c) To a nearby farm.
5. What do the white sails of the ships mentioned in the Second Preface symbolize?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many overseers are there for the farms that Colonel Edward Lloyd owns?
2. What is the competition among the slaves?
3. What does Douglass focus on describing in Chapter Three?
4. What do the slaves produce on the main farm besides tobacco and corn?
5. What does Colonel Lloyd own that takes five men to maintain?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)