|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Douglass begin Chapter One talking about?
(a) His brother and sister.
(b) His slave friend.
(c) His first master.
(d) His mother and her parents.
2. Why does Douglas think Mr. Hopkins is replaced?
(a) He steals liquor.
(b) He is not severe enough as a master.
(c) He is rude to Colonel Lloyd's children.
(d) He steals money.
3. What does Colonel Lloyd do about one of his slaves getting killed?
(a) He makes the slave master pay the cost of the slave.
(b) He does nothing and lets the incident pass.
(c) He turns the slave master in to the authorities.
(d) He fires the slave master.
4. How does Garrison describe Douglass's nature?
5. Who is Slave Master Mr. Hopkins replaced with?
(a) Mr. Silas.
(b) Mr. Anthony.
(c) Mr. Severe.
(d) Mr. Gore.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years does Garrison publish his newspaper?
2. According to Douglass, what do the slaves strive for?
3. What does Phillips say he did while reading what Douglass had written?
4. What is Colonel Lloyd obsessed with?
5. What is the job that Douglass performs for Daniel when he goes hunting?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)