|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the writer of the second preface famous for?
(a) Being an anti-slavery orator.
(b) Being a slave trainer.
(d) Being a slave master.
2. What does Douglass's master teach him?
(a) Education will help him earn money.
(b) Education will lead to his freedom.
(c) Slaves are smart.
(d) Learning is hard.
3. What does the slave master who replaces Mr. Hopkins expect from the slaves?
4. What does Garrison scream at the end of his sermon?
(a) "NO COMPROMISE WITH SLAVERY! NO UNION WITH SLAVEHOLDERS!"
(b) "WE CAN FREE THE SLAVES NOW!"
(c) "DEATH TO THE SLAVEHOLDERS!"
(d) "FREE ALL THE SLAVES NOW!"
5. What does Mrs. Auld do for a living?
(a) She is a secretary.
(b) She is a teacher.
(c) She owns a business.
(d) She is a housewife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Douglass use to practice his writing?
2. In what city in Massachusetts does Garrison hear the speech about slavery?
3. What is the name of the overseer who Douglass describes as cursing all day and whose death was seen as a blessing?
4. Who does Douglass's first master oversee?
5. Where is Douglass supposed to look while talking to the master's wife?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)