|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Douglass describe in detail in Chapter Seven?
(a) How he begins going to school.
(b) How he befriends a white child.
(c) How he continues to learn to read and write.
(d) When he moves to another plantation.
2. What does the author of the Second Preface compare slaves to?
3. In Chapter Five, why does Douglass not get treated as poorly as the other slaves?
(a) He works an extra hour a day.
(b) He is liked by the master's wife.
(c) He plays with the master's children.
(d) He is too young to work in the fields.
4. Near what river is the main farm Douglass works on?
(a) Miles River.
(b) Maryland River.
(c) Chippewa River.
(d) Mississippi River.
5. What does Wendell Phillips do for a living?
(a) He is a writer.
(b) He is a soldier.
(c) He is a lawyer.
(d) He is a publisher.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which state does Frederick Douglass come from?
2. Which slaveholders exhibit more morality?
3. How does Garrison describe Douglass's nature?
4. What does the Colonel do when the slaves disrespect him?
5. What makes Douglass unhappy during Chapter Seven?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)