|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author of the Second Preface compare slaves to?
2. What is a teenage girl in Douglass's own family killed for?
(a) Falling asleep while babysitting.
(b) Not properly cleaning the kitchen.
(c) Feeding the house animals too much.
(d) Talking to the masters children.
3. How does Mr. Lanman kill one of two slaves?
4. What is the name of the newspaper Garrison publishes?
(a) The Slave Master.
(b) The Slave Trader.
(c) New Englander.
(d) The Liberator.
5. What does the slave master who replaced Mr. Hopkins want to do?
(a) Increase his position with Colonel Lloyd.
(b) Buy his own farm.
(c) Keep his job by not being overly noticed.
(d) Earn enough money to buy his own slaves.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the punishment of slaves and the food given out?
2. Which slaveholders exhibit more morality?
3. How many farms does Colonel Edward Lloyd own?
4. What is the name of the plantation owner where Douglass is treated better than other slaves?
5. What later happens to the person whose offices and printing presses are destroyed?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)