|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Douglass get to eat as a child on the plantation?
(d) Table scraps.
2. Who does Douglass's first master have as a supervisor?
(a) Mr. Garrison.
(b) Mr. Plummer.
(c) Mr. Phillips.
(d) Mr. Grady.
3. How does Douglass describe the slave master who replaces Mr. Hopkins?
(a) As ruthless and violent.
(b) As scary.
(c) As hateful.
(d) As mean and nasty.
4. Where is Douglass sent to live in order to help a relative of his master?
(c) To a nearby farm.
5. What makes Douglass unhappy during Chapter Seven?
(a) Being beaten.
(b) Missing his mother.
(c) Being starved.
(d) His new found knowledge about slavery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the main farm house that Colonel Edward Lloyd owns?
2. What does the Colonel do when the slaves disrespect him?
3. What does Douglass trade to learn new written words?
4. In Chapter Five, why does Douglass not get treated as poorly as the other slaves?
5. Who gives the anti-slavery speech in Massachusetts?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)