|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many house servants does Colonel Lloyd have?
(a) Twenty or twenty five.
(b) Ten or fifteen .
(c) Eight or ten.
(d) Five or ten.
2. Who does Douglass describe as being tenderhearted when he first met her?
(a) Mrs. Auld.
(b) Mrs. Anthony.
(c) Ms. Daniel.
(d) Mrs. Lloyd.
3. What rumor does Douglass tell about himself in Chapter one?
(a) His father is a slave trader.
(b) His father is a Civil War soldier.
(c) His father is a white man.
(d) His father is a lawyer.
4. What does Phillips say he did while reading what Douglass had written?
5. What does the slave master tell his wife regarding not teaching slaves to read?
(a) He said that it's not safe.
(b) He said they would be unmanageable.
(c) All are correct.
(d) He said that it's against the law.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city in Massachusetts does Garrison hear the speech about slavery?
2. How many slaves has Mrs. Auld owned before?
3. What does Douglass use to practice his writing?
4. What is Douglass concerned about in Chapter One?
5. What does Garrison scream at the end of his sermon?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)