|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many overseers are there for the farms that Colonel Edward Lloyd owns?
(a) There is one overseer for each farm and one main overseer for all.
(b) There are two overseers for the farms.
(c) There is only one overseer .
(d) There is one overseer for every three farms and one main overseer for all.
2. Garrison refers to Douglas as a man with...
(a) "Commanding stature."
(b) "High regard."
(c) "Little hope."
(d) "A body ravaged by time."
3. What event does Phillips predict?
(a) The death of Douglass.
(b) The end of slavery the following year.
(c) His own death.
(d) The Civil War.
4. What makes Douglass unhappy during Chapter Seven?
(a) His new found knowledge about slavery.
(b) Being starved.
(c) Missing his mother.
(d) Being beaten.
5. Who tries to help Douglass learn the alphabet?
(a) Mr. Auld.
(b) Mrs. Auld.
(c) Mrs. Lloyd .
(d) Mr. Anthony.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Douglass's first master oversee?
2. Who ran after Douglass to take the newspaper or a book away?
3. What do the white sails of the ships mentioned in the Second Preface symbolize?
4. Why does the Colonel put tar on the fence?
5. In what time period of his life does Douglass's detailed descriptions in Chapter Two take place?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)