|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the ships Phillips describes in the second preface carrying?
2. Whose offices and printing presses are destroyed in the Second Preface?
(a) A teacher's.
(b) A pastor's.
(c) A doctor's.
(d) A lawyer's.
3. What is the writer of the second preface famous for?
(a) Being an anti-slavery orator.
(b) Being a slave trainer.
(d) Being a slave master.
4. What is William Lloyd Garrison well-known for being?
(a) An abolitionist.
(b) A slave master.
(c) A slave.
(d) A Civil War soldier.
5. What is Douglass's concern symbolic for?
(a) Not being loved.
(b) Feeling helpless.
(c) Lack of control.
(d) Loss of his identity.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city in Massachusetts does Garrison hear the speech about slavery?
2. At what age are slave children separated from their mothers?
3. About what age is Douglass when his mother dies?
4. What best defines what mulatto means?
5. Who is Frederick Douglass's first master?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)