|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author of the Second Preface compare slaves to?
2. Who is Frederick Douglass's first master?
(a) Captain Anthony.
(b) William Davenport.
(c) James O'Conner.
(d) William Lloyd Garrison.
3. Whose offices and printing presses are destroyed in the Second Preface?
(a) A teacher's.
(b) A doctor's.
(c) A lawyer's.
(d) A pastor's.
4. Who does Douglass's first master have as a supervisor?
(a) Mr. Phillips.
(b) Mr. Garrison.
(c) Mr. Plummer.
(d) Mr. Grady.
5. Who writes the first preface of the Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass, an American Slave?
(a) William Smith.
(b) Frederick Douglass.
(c) William Lloyd Garrison.
(d) Daniel O'Connell.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of language is used in the First Preface?
2. Who does Douglass begin Chapter One talking about?
3. What happens when Phillips goes to the police about issues related to slavery?
4. Phillips compares the Mississippi Valley to a story in what publication?
5. How many years is Daniel O'Connell a slave in Africa?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)