|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What later happens to the person whose offices and printing presses are destroyed?
(a) The person goes to jail.
(b) The person is murdered.
(c) The person moves away.
(d) The person gets help and rebuilds what was destroyed.
2. Who gives the anti-slavery speech in Massachusetts?
(a) Daniel O'Connell.
(b) William Smith.
(c) Paul Davenport.
(d) Frederick Douglass.
3. Wendell Phillips is the son of a mayor of what city in Massachusetts?
4. What type of style does the First Preface take on?
(a) A religious sermon.
5. Who does Phillips compare Douglass to?
(b) Slave Masters.
(c) Civil War Soldiers.
(d) The writers of the Constitution.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the ships Phillips describes in the second preface carrying?
2. What best defines what mulatto means?
3. Garrison refers to Douglas as a man with...
4. Who writes the first preface of the Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass, an American Slave?
5. When is Garrison's newspaper published?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)