|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What later happens to the person whose offices and printing presses are destroyed?
(a) The person moves away.
(b) The person gets help and rebuilds what was destroyed.
(c) The person goes to jail.
(d) The person is murdered.
2. What type of language is used in the First Preface?
(a) Comical language.
(b) Direct language.
(c) Simple language.
(d) Complicated language.
3. Which state does Frederick Douglass come from?
4. What event does Phillips predict?
(a) The end of slavery the following year.
(b) The death of Douglass.
(c) His own death.
(d) The Civil War.
5. At what age are slave children separated from their mothers?
(a) Before turning one.
(b) Before turning three.
(c) At two years of age.
(d) Before turning five.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author of the Second Preface compare slaves to?
2. Who does Phillips compare Douglass to?
3. What is the name of the newspaper Garrison publishes?
4. What rumor does Douglass tell about himself in Chapter one?
5. What is the writer of the second preface famous for?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)