|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Approximately how many issues of his newspaper does Garrison publish?
(a) 15,000 issues.
(b) 100 issues.
(c) 1,800 issues.
(d) 500 issues.
2. Who helps Frederick Douglass with his writing?
(a) Daniel O'Connell.
(b) William L. Garrison.
(c) No one.
(d) James McAlister.
3. In what city in Massachusetts does Garrison hear the speech about slavery?
4. What is William Lloyd Garrison well-known for being?
(a) A slave master.
(b) A slave.
(c) An abolitionist.
(d) A Civil War soldier.
5. What do the white sails of the ships mentioned in the Second Preface symbolize?
Short Answer Questions
1. About what age is Douglass when his mother dies?
2. What does the author of the Second Preface compare slaves to?
3. What is Douglass irritated with his mother for?
4. How does Garrison describe Douglass's nature?
5. What type of writing is the second preface?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)