|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which relatives' names does Douglass know?
(a) His father and his parents.
(b) His mother and his aunt.
(c) His father and his uncle.
(d) His mother and her parents.
2. Whose offices and printing presses are destroyed in the Second Preface?
(a) A teacher's.
(b) A pastor's.
(c) A lawyer's.
(d) A doctor's.
3. Phillips compares the Mississippi Valley to a story in what publication?
(a) A letter.
(b) A journal.
(c) A newspaper.
(d) The Bible.
4. Who helps Frederick Douglass with his writing?
(a) James McAlister.
(b) No one.
(c) Daniel O'Connell.
(d) William L. Garrison.
5. Garrison refers to Douglas as a man with...
(a) "High regard."
(b) "Little hope."
(c) "A body ravaged by time."
(d) "Commanding stature."
Short Answer Questions
1. Garrison builds up Douglass as an icon of what movement?
2. What is the female slave's name that Douglass describes being beaten by the supervisor?
3. Which state does Frederick Douglass come from?
4. What is Douglass's concern symbolic for?
5. Who does Douglass's first master have as a supervisor?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)