|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the newspaper Garrison publishes?
(a) The Slave Trader.
(b) New Englander.
(c) The Slave Master.
(d) The Liberator.
2. What type of writing is the second preface?
(a) A poem.
(b) An essay.
(c) A short story.
(d) A letter.
3. What does the author of the Second Preface compare slaves to?
4. What event does Phillips predict?
(a) The death of Douglass.
(b) His own death.
(c) The end of slavery the following year.
(d) The Civil War.
5. When is Garrison's newspaper published?
(a) Before the Civil War.
(b) During the Civil War.
(c) Before, during, and after the Civil War.
(d) After the Civil War.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years is Daniel O'Connell a slave in Africa?
2. While Douglass talks about slavery, what does he have flashbacks about?
3. What happens when Phillips goes to the police about issues related to slavery?
4. What later happens to the person whose offices and printing presses are destroyed?
5. How many years does Garrison publish his newspaper?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)