|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Garrison describe Douglass's nature?
2. What happens when Phillips goes to the police about issues related to slavery?
(a) The police put Phillips in jail.
(b) The police do nothing.
(c) The police find the wrongdoers and punish them.
(d) The police investigate .
3. Who does Phillips watch being dragged off to be lynched?
(a) Frederick Douglass.
(b) Daniel O'Connell.
(c) William Lloyd Garrison.
(d) James McAlister.
4. What is William Lloyd Garrison well-known for being?
(a) An abolitionist.
(b) A slave.
(c) A Civil War soldier.
(d) A slave master.
5. Who does Phillips compare Douglass to?
(a) The writers of the Constitution.
(b) Slave Masters.
(d) Civil War Soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Douglass shocked at seeing the female slave being beaten?
2. When is Garrison's newspaper published?
3. What is Douglass concerned about in Chapter One?
4. What does Wendell Phillips do for a living?
5. Who does Douglass begin Chapter One talking about?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)