|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Douglass shocked at seeing the female slave being beaten?
(a) He thinks she is nice.
(b) She is young and pregnant.
(c) He thinks the supervisor is a good man.
(d) He lives at the far end of the farm and is sheltered from these occurrences.
2. Who does Douglass's first master have as a supervisor?
(a) Mr. Phillips.
(b) Mr. Garrison.
(c) Mr. Grady.
(d) Mr. Plummer.
3. What is Douglass irritated with his mother for?
(a) For dying.
(b) For leaving him even though he knows she could not help it.
(c) For coming to visit him, knowing she could get beaten for it.
(d) Not telling him who his father is.
4. While Douglass talks about slavery, what does he have flashbacks about?
(a) His first love.
(b) His family.
(c) A friend who is a slave as a child.
(d) His first master.
5. What happens when Phillips goes to the police about issues related to slavery?
(a) The police do nothing.
(b) The police put Phillips in jail.
(c) The police investigate .
(d) The police find the wrongdoers and punish them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is William Lloyd Garrison well-known for being?
2. Wendell Phillips is the son of a mayor of what city in Massachusetts?
3. Approximately how many issues of his newspaper does Garrison publish?
4. Who helps Frederick Douglass with his writing?
5. When is Garrison's newspaper published?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)