|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What body of water does Phillips say Douglass has seen the ships sailing on?
(a) The Chesapeake Bay.
(b) The Atlantic Ocean.
(c) The Boston Harbor.
(d) Cape Cod.
2. What does Garrison scream at the end of his sermon?
(a) "NO COMPROMISE WITH SLAVERY! NO UNION WITH SLAVEHOLDERS!"
(b) "DEATH TO THE SLAVEHOLDERS!"
(c) "FREE ALL THE SLAVES NOW!"
(d) "WE CAN FREE THE SLAVES NOW!"
3. What is Douglass concerned about in Chapter One?
(a) His age.
(b) Not having enough food.
(c) Being beaten.
(d) His Mom.
4. What is William Lloyd Garrison well-known for being?
(a) A slave.
(b) A Civil War soldier.
(c) A slave master.
(d) An abolitionist.
5. What type of language is used in the First Preface?
(a) Complicated language.
(b) Direct language.
(c) Comical language.
(d) Simple language.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives the anti-slavery speech in Massachusetts?
2. What is the writer of the second preface famous for?
3. What event does Phillips predict?
4. Who writes the second preface?
5. Garrison refers to Douglas as a man with...
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)