|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which state does Frederick Douglass come from?
2. Whose offices and printing presses are destroyed in the Second Preface?
(a) A teacher's.
(b) A doctor's.
(c) A lawyer's.
(d) A pastor's.
3. Who helps Frederick Douglass with his writing?
(a) James McAlister.
(b) No one.
(c) William L. Garrison.
(d) Daniel O'Connell.
4. Approximately how many issues of his newspaper does Garrison publish?
(a) 15,000 issues.
(b) 100 issues.
(c) 1,800 issues.
(d) 500 issues.
5. What body of water does Phillips say Douglass has seen the ships sailing on?
(a) The Atlantic Ocean.
(b) The Chesapeake Bay.
(c) The Boston Harbor.
(d) Cape Cod.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what age is Douglass when his mother dies?
2. Who does Douglass's first master have as a supervisor?
3. What event does Phillips predict?
4. Garrison refers to Douglas as a man with...
5. Who gives the anti-slavery speech in Massachusetts?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)