|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what age is Douglass when his mother dies?
2. Garrison asks the reader for sympathy for whom?
(a) The "down-trodden victims."
(c) Frederick Douglass.
(d) The slaveholders.
3. In what city in Massachusetts does Garrison hear the speech about slavery?
4. What later happens to the person whose offices and printing presses are destroyed?
(a) The person is murdered.
(b) The person goes to jail.
(c) The person moves away.
(d) The person gets help and rebuilds what was destroyed.
5. Who writes the first preface of the Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass, an American Slave?
(a) Frederick Douglass.
(b) William Smith.
(c) William Lloyd Garrison.
(d) Daniel O'Connell.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Douglass concerned about in Chapter One?
2. What does Phillips say he did while reading what Douglass had written?
3. How many years does Garrison publish his newspaper?
4. What best defines what mulatto means?
5. What is the name of the newspaper Garrison publishes?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)