|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Douglass talks about slavery, what does he have flashbacks about?
(a) His first love.
(b) His family.
(c) A friend who is a slave as a child.
(d) His first master.
2. Who writes the second preface?
(a) Daniel O'Connell.
(b) William Lloyd Garrison.
(c) Wendell Phillips.
(d) Frederick Douglass.
3. What are the ships Phillips describes in the second preface carrying?
4. Garrison asks the reader for sympathy for whom?
(b) Frederick Douglass.
(c) The "down-trodden victims."
(d) The slaveholders.
5. How does Garrison describe Douglass's nature?
Short Answer Questions
1. When is Garrison's newspaper published?
2. In what city in Massachusetts does Garrison hear the speech about slavery?
3. Approximately how many issues of his newspaper does Garrison publish?
4. What is Douglass's concern symbolic for?
5. How many years is Daniel O'Connell a slave in Africa?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)