|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of writing is the second preface?
(a) A short story.
(b) A letter.
(c) A poem.
(d) An essay.
2. What is the female slave's name that Douglass describes being beaten by the supervisor?
(a) Aunt Hester.
(b) Jan Harris.
(c) Arlene Henry.
(d) Ann Jester.
3. What are the ships Phillips describes in the second preface carrying?
4. When is Garrison's newspaper published?
(a) Before the Civil War.
(b) Before, during, and after the Civil War.
(c) After the Civil War.
(d) During the Civil War.
5. Which state does Frederick Douglass come from?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frederick Douglass say disgusts him?
2. Who helps Frederick Douglass with his writing?
3. What event does Phillips predict?
4. How many years is Daniel O'Connell a slave in Africa?
5. What later happens to the person whose offices and printing presses are destroyed?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)