|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Douglass's first master have as a supervisor?
(a) Mr. Phillips.
(b) Mr. Plummer.
(c) Mr. Grady.
(d) Mr. Garrison.
2. How many years does Garrison publish his newspaper?
(a) 15 years.
(b) 25 years.
(c) 35 years.
(d) 10 years.
3. Who is Frederick Douglass's first master?
(a) William Davenport.
(b) James O'Conner.
(c) William Lloyd Garrison.
(d) Captain Anthony.
4. What does Garrison scream at the end of his sermon?
(a) "WE CAN FREE THE SLAVES NOW!"
(b) "FREE ALL THE SLAVES NOW!"
(c) "NO COMPROMISE WITH SLAVERY! NO UNION WITH SLAVEHOLDERS!"
(d) "DEATH TO THE SLAVEHOLDERS!"
5. Whose offices and printing presses are destroyed in the Second Preface?
(a) A teacher's.
(b) A lawyer's.
(c) A pastor's.
(d) A doctor's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who writes the first preface of the Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass, an American Slave?
2. Approximately how many issues of his newspaper does Garrison publish?
3. Who helps Frederick Douglass with his writing?
4. What later happens to the person whose offices and printing presses are destroyed?
5. How does Garrison describe Douglass's nature?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)