|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Phillips compares the Mississippi Valley to a story in what publication?
(a) A newspaper.
(b) A journal.
(c) A letter.
(d) The Bible.
2. What does the father and son slave team take care of on the Colonel's farm?
(a) The cows and other farm animals.
(b) The garden.
(c) The carriages, horses, and stables.
(d) The pool.
3. How many farms does Colonel Edward Lloyd own?
(a) More than ten.
(b) More than twenty.
(d) More than thirty.
4. What type of language is used in the First Preface?
(a) Comical language.
(b) Direct language.
(c) Simple language.
(d) Complicated language.
5. Who is Colonel Edward Lloyd?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A Civil War soldier.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A slaveholder.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Douglass talks about slavery, what does he have flashbacks about?
2. What brings tears to Douglass's eyes?
3. What is the writer of the second preface famous for?
4. What stays in Douglass's memory for the rest of his life?
5. What is the "West Indies Experiment?"
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)