Eight Week Quiz B
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Garrison scream at the end of his sermon?
(a) "WE CAN FREE THE SLAVES NOW!"
(b) "FREE ALL THE SLAVES NOW!"
(c) "NO COMPROMISE WITH SLAVERY! NO UNION WITH SLAVEHOLDERS!"
(d) "DEATH TO THE SLAVEHOLDERS!"
2. What rumor does Douglass tell about himself in Chapter one?
(a) His father is a Civil War soldier.
(b) His father is a white man.
(c) His father is a lawyer.
(d) His father is a slave trader.
3. Phillips compares the Mississippi Valley to a story in what publication?
(a) A journal.
(b) The Bible.
(c) A letter.
(d) A newspaper.
4. How many years does Garrison publish his newspaper?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 25 years.
(c) 15 years.
(d) 35 years.
5. What best defines what mulatto means?
(a) An adulterous relationship between a master and a slave.
(b) A person who has one white parent and one blank parent.
(c) A slave child.
(d) A person who is violent to slaves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the ships Phillips describes in the second preface carrying?
2. Which relatives' names does Douglass know?
3. Garrison refers to Douglas as a man with...
4. Which state does Frederick Douglass come from?
5. What is one of the contrasting effects of slavery that Douglass suffers, according to Garrison?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)