|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frederick Douglass say disgusts him?
(a) Slaveholders forcing themselves on slave women, then having children with them.
(c) Slave traders.
(d) Slaves being beaten .
2. What is the competition among the slaves?
(a) The one who is yelled at the least.
(b) Who has the most food left after a week.
(c) Who could go without a beating for the longest.
(d) Each insists that their master is better than the other's master.
3. What does Colonel Lloyd own that takes five men to maintain?
(a) A garden.
(b) A large food storage building.
(c) A ship.
(d) A pool.
4. What happens when Phillips goes to the police about issues related to slavery?
(a) The police find the wrongdoers and punish them.
(b) The police do nothing.
(c) The police investigate .
(d) The police put Phillips in jail.
5. How long is the food that is given to the adult slaves suppose to last?
(a) Two months.
(b) One month.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) One week.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "It would forever unfit him to be a slave?"
2. What does Wendell Phillips do for a living?
3. Who does Douglass begin Chapter One talking about?
4. What later happens to the person whose offices and printing presses are destroyed?
5. What makes Douglass unhappy during Chapter Seven?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)