|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the punishment of slaves and the food given out?
(a) Lloyd Family Farm.
(b) Lloyd Farm House.
(c) At each of the farms.
(d) Great House Farm.
2. What is Colonel Lloyd obsessed with?
(a) His hunting dogs.
(b) The running of his farms.
(c) The care of his horses and carriage.
(d) His crops.
3. Why does the slaveholder throw a female slave off the plantation in Chapter Nine?
(a) She is disabled from a fire.
(b) He catches her with another slave and is jealous.
(c) She is too young to do any work.
(d) She is his half sister.
4. What does Phillips say he did while reading what Douglass had written?
5. What type of style does the First Preface take on?
(b) A religious sermon.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Five, why does Douglass not get treated as poorly as the other slaves?
2. What do the slaves produce on the main farm besides tobacco and corn?
3. What does Douglass describe in Chapter Five?
4. Where is Douglass supposed to look while talking to the master's wife?
5. Garrison refers to Douglas as a man with...
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)