|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of style does the First Preface take on?
(a) A religious sermon.
2. Who gives the anti-slavery speech in Massachusetts?
(a) Paul Davenport.
(b) William Smith.
(c) Frederick Douglass.
(d) Daniel O'Connell.
3. What is the "West Indies Experiment?"
(a) An experiment to see if slaves that were freed would be just as productive as the slaves who were not.
(b) An experiment to test working conditions on plantations.
(c) An experiment to keep slave families together.
(d) An experiment to make white people slaves.
4. How many years is Daniel O'Connell a slave in Africa?
5. Who does Douglass say he will miss from his former plantation?
(a) Master Garrison.
(c) No one.
(d) Master Daniel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Douglass use of Master Thomas's to help him write?
2. What does Douglass take with him when he goes on errands?
3. What does the father and son slave team take care of on the Colonel's farm?
4. When Mr. Lanman brags about the two killings what happens?
5. Who is Whittier?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)