|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Phillips compare Douglass to?
(b) Civil War Soldiers.
(c) Slave Masters.
(d) The writers of the Constitution.
2. Whose offices and printing presses are destroyed in the Second Preface?
(a) A lawyer's.
(b) A teacher's.
(c) A doctor's.
(d) A pastor's.
3. What happens to Douglass's grandmother when she gets older?
(a) She continues to care for her master.
(b) She is freed.
(c) She has to move to a mud hut in the woods.
(d) She is allowed to go and take Douglass with her.
4. Who tries to help Douglass learn the alphabet?
(a) Mr. Anthony.
(b) Mrs. Auld.
(c) Mrs. Lloyd .
(d) Mr. Auld.
5. What is Douglass happy about receiving for his trip to help one of his master's relatives?
(a) A pair of shoes.
(b) A new shirt.
(c) A hair cut.
(d) His first pair of pants.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Douglas think Mr. Hopkins is replaced?
2. What is the name of the plantation owner where Douglass is treated better than other slaves?
3. Who writes the second preface?
4. Who is Colonel Edward Lloyd?
5. According to Douglass, what do the slaves strive for?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)