|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many slaves does Colonel Lloyd have in total?
(a) About thirteen hundred.
(b) About two thousand.
(c) About one thousand.
(d) About eight hundred.
2. In what time period of his life does Douglass's detailed descriptions in Chapter Two take place?
(a) His twenties.
(b) When he meets his first love.
(c) His teenage years.
(d) Two years of his childhood.
3. What event does Phillips predict?
(a) The Civil War.
(b) His own death.
(c) The end of slavery the following year.
(d) The death of Douglass.
4. What does Garrison scream at the end of his sermon?
(a) "FREE ALL THE SLAVES NOW!"
(b) "NO COMPROMISE WITH SLAVERY! NO UNION WITH SLAVEHOLDERS!"
(c) "DEATH TO THE SLAVEHOLDERS!"
(d) "WE CAN FREE THE SLAVES NOW!"
5. Who gives the anti-slavery speech in Massachusetts?
(a) William Smith.
(b) Frederick Douglass.
(c) Daniel O'Connell.
(d) Paul Davenport.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the year that Douglass first remembers when he moved?
2. What do the white sails of the ships mentioned in the Second Preface symbolize?
3. What does Douglass's master teach him?
4. What is the name of the overseer for the main farm house?
5. What is ranked the same in value as the slaves?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)