|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is ranked the same in value as the slaves?
(a) Farm animals .
(c) House pets.
2. What do the slaves produce on the main farm besides tobacco and corn?
3. Which master did the slaves know to be violent?
(a) Master Thomas.
(b) Master Garrison.
(c) Master Lloyd.
(d) Master Andrew.
4. What is the job that Douglass performs for Daniel when he goes hunting?
(a) He chases squirrels up trees.
(b) He does bird calls.
(c) He retrieves the birds.
(d) He flushes out the birds.
5. What plan does Douglass decide not to give up on by the end of Chapter Eight?
(a) To learn to read.
(b) To learn to write.
(c) To help his grandmother.
(d) To be free.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does "abolitionist" mean?
2. What causes Douglass to hate the slaveholders even more than usual?
3. What is the name of the overseer for the main farm house?
4. Why does the slaveholder throw a female slave off the plantation in Chapter Nine?
5. Who does Douglass say he will miss from his former plantation?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)