|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Douglass sent to live in order to help a relative of his master?
(a) To a nearby farm.
2. Where is the punishment of slaves and the food given out?
(a) Lloyd Family Farm.
(b) Great House Farm.
(c) At each of the farms.
(d) Lloyd Farm House.
3. What plan does Douglass decide not to give up on by the end of Chapter Eight?
(a) To learn to write.
(b) To help his grandmother.
(c) To learn to read.
(d) To be free.
4. What does Douglass use of Master Thomas's to help him write?
(a) Spelling book.
(b) History book.
5. How many years does Garrison publish his newspaper?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 25 years.
(c) 15 years.
(d) 35 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. Lanman kill one of two slaves?
2. How many farms does Colonel Edward Lloyd own?
3. Near what river is the main farm Douglass works on?
4. What does Douglass describe in Chapter Five?
5. What does Douglass realize about education in Chapter Six?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)