|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Lanman kill one of two slaves?
2. When Mr. Lanman brags about the two killings what happens?
(a) He goes to jail for one night.
(b) He has to pay a fine.
(d) He has to set two slaves free.
3. In what time period of his life does Douglass's detailed descriptions in Chapter Two take place?
(a) His twenties.
(b) Two years of his childhood.
(c) His teenage years.
(d) When he meets his first love.
4. Near what river is the main farm Douglass works on?
(a) Mississippi River.
(b) Chippewa River.
(c) Miles River.
(d) Maryland River.
5. What is the name of the slave who is killed in the water when he refuses to get out after being beaten?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Douglass describe in detail in Chapter Seven?
2. Where is the punishment of slaves and the food given out?
3. Phillips compares the Mississippi Valley to a story in what publication?
4. What does the slaveholder use as a way to justify slavery?
5. According to Douglass, what do the slaves strive for?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)