|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Phillips compares the Mississippi Valley to a story in what publication?
(a) A letter.
(b) A journal.
(c) The Bible.
(d) A newspaper.
2. How long is the food that is given to the adult slaves suppose to last?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) One month.
(c) One week.
(d) Two months.
3. How many years is Daniel O'Connell a slave in Africa?
4. What does Douglass think will help him to become a free slave?
(a) The kindness of his master.
(b) God's spirit living in him.
(c) Moving to live with his master's relative.
(d) Doing what he's told.
5. What later happens to the person whose offices and printing presses are destroyed?
(a) The person gets help and rebuilds what was destroyed.
(b) The person is murdered.
(c) The person moves away.
(d) The person goes to jail.
Short Answer Questions
1. What rumor does Douglass tell about himself in Chapter one?
2. Which master did the slaves know to be violent?
3. What is one of the contrasting effects of slavery that Douglass suffers, according to Garrison?
4. What does Douglass hope for by going to the new farm where he is lent to a man for a year?
5. How is Douglass's new master in Chapter Nine different than Douglass' previous owners?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)