|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the slave who is killed in the water when he refuses to get out after being beaten?
2. What does Douglass hope for by going to the new farm where he is lent to a man for a year?
(a) To be beaten less.
(b) To have the chance to run away.
(c) To have more time to read.
(d) To have more food.
3. How many years does Garrison publish his newspaper?
(a) 25 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 35 years.
(d) 15 years.
4. How old does Douglass think he is in the First Chapter?
(a) 20 or 21 years old.
(b) 27 or 28 years old.
(c) 29 or 30 years old.
(d) 25 or 26 years old.
5. In what city in Massachusetts does Garrison hear the speech about slavery?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Douglass say he will miss from his former plantation?
2. How many slaves has Mrs. Auld owned before?
3. What does Douglass start to go through in Chapter Nine that is new to him?
4. Who helps Frederick Douglass with his writing?
5. Garrison asks the reader for sympathy for whom?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)