|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Garrison builds up Douglass as an icon of what movement?
2. What does Douglass compare the way slaves are treated to?
(a) Uneducated people.
3. What does the father and son slave team take care of on the Colonel's farm?
(a) The cows and other farm animals.
(b) The garden.
(c) The carriages, horses, and stables.
(d) The pool.
4. What does Colonel Lloyd own that takes five men to maintain?
(a) A pool.
(b) A ship.
(c) A garden.
(d) A large food storage building.
5. Which master did the slaves know to be violent?
(a) Master Thomas.
(b) Master Garrison.
(c) Master Andrew.
(d) Master Lloyd.
Short Answer Questions
1. What body of water does Phillips say Douglass has seen the ships sailing on?
2. What is William Lloyd Garrison well-known for being?
3. Wendell Phillips is the son of a mayor of what city in Massachusetts?
4. What does Douglass hope for by going to the new farm where he is lent to a man for a year?
5. What does Garrison scream at the end of his sermon?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)