|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the Thomases?
(a) Slaveholders who take good care of their slaves.
(b) Southern slaveholders.
(c) Slave family who is sold and separated.
(d) City slaveholders.
2. What is the subject matter of two books that Douglass reads and finds interesting?
(a) Life of an educated slave.
(b) Slavery covering both positions.
(c) Life of an educated white man.
(d) How slavery will change in the future.
3. Whose offices and printing presses are destroyed in the Second Preface?
(a) A lawyer's.
(b) A doctor's.
(c) A teacher's.
(d) A pastor's.
4. What does Phillips say he did while reading what Douglass had written?
5. What makes Douglass unhappy during Chapter Seven?
(a) His new found knowledge about slavery.
(b) Being beaten.
(c) Missing his mother.
(d) Being starved.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Frederick Douglass with his writing?
2. What causes Douglass to hate the slaveholders even more than usual?
3. What is a teenage girl in Douglass's own family killed for?
4. About what age is Douglass when his mother dies?
5. What is Douglass most upset about by the end of Chapter Eight?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)