|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tries to help Douglass learn the alphabet?
(a) Mr. Auld.
(b) Mrs. Auld.
(c) Mr. Anthony.
(d) Mrs. Lloyd .
2. Who says, "It would forever unfit him to be a slave?"
(a) Mr. Anthony.
(b) Mr. Lloyd.
(c) Mr. Auld.
(d) Mrs. Auld.
3. Who writes the first preface of the Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass, an American Slave?
(a) William Smith.
(b) William Lloyd Garrison.
(c) Frederick Douglass.
(d) Daniel O'Connell.
4. What does Garrison scream at the end of his sermon?
(a) "WE CAN FREE THE SLAVES NOW!"
(b) "NO COMPROMISE WITH SLAVERY! NO UNION WITH SLAVEHOLDERS!"
(c) "FREE ALL THE SLAVES NOW!"
(d) "DEATH TO THE SLAVEHOLDERS!"
5. Which slaveholders exhibit more morality?
(a) Southern slaveholders.
(b) The Garrisons.
(c) City slaveholders.
(d) The Lloyds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Approximately how old is Douglass when he goes back to his birth place?
2. What does Douglass think will help him to become a free slave?
3. Where does Douglass sleep while working on the plantation as a child?
4. Who became an abusive alcoholic?
5. What happens to Douglass after he is given to Mrs. Lucretia?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)