|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of style does the First Preface take on?
(d) A religious sermon.
2. At what age are slave children separated from their mothers?
(a) At two years of age.
(b) Before turning one.
(c) Before turning five.
(d) Before turning three.
3. What is William Lloyd Garrison well-known for being?
(a) An abolitionist.
(b) A slave.
(c) A slave master.
(d) A Civil War soldier.
4. Where is Douglass supposed to look while talking to the master's wife?
(a) Look away.
(b) Look ahead, just not right at her.
(c) Look her in the eyes.
(d) Look at the floor.
5. How many slaves does Colonel Lloyd have in total?
(a) About thirteen hundred.
(b) About two thousand.
(c) About eight hundred.
(d) About one thousand.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Douglass talks about slavery, what does he have flashbacks about?
2. How many farms does Colonel Edward Lloyd own?
3. In Chapter Five, why does Douglass not get treated as poorly as the other slaves?
4. What does Douglass vow to do during Chapter Six?
5. What brings tears to Douglass's eyes?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)