|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Douglass's new master in Chapter Nine different than his previous owners?
(a) He is an abolitionist.
(b) He likes Douglass and treats him better than the other slaves.
(c) He became a slaveholder when he was older through marriage.
(d) He wants to abide by his wife's wishes and treat the slaves well.
2. What is Colonel Lloyd obsessed with?
(a) His hunting dogs.
(b) His crops.
(c) The running of his farms.
(d) The care of his horses and carriage.
3. How many overseers are there for the farms that Colonel Edward Lloyd owns?
(a) There is one overseer for each farm and one main overseer for all.
(b) There are two overseers for the farms.
(c) There is one overseer for every three farms and one main overseer for all.
(d) There is only one overseer .
4. What does Douglass describe in detail in Chapter Two?
(a) His aunts and uncles.
(b) His brother and sisters.
(c) His first masters and the farms he lives on.
(d) His mother and her parents.
5. What does Colonel Lloyd do about one of his slaves getting killed?
(a) He does nothing and lets the incident pass.
(b) He turns the slave master in to the authorities.
(c) He makes the slave master pay the cost of the slave.
(d) He fires the slave master.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Douglass hope for by going to the new farm where he is lent to a man for a year?
2. Wendell Phillips is the son of a mayor of what city in Massachusetts?
3. How old does Douglass think he is in the First Chapter?
4. What does Douglass compare the treatment of slaves in the city to?
5. What is the job that Douglass performs for Daniel when he goes hunting?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)