|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Douglass let his master's horse go?
(a) To retrieve it from his previous plantation so he could get some food.
(b) To be mean.
(c) To keep the horse from getting killed.
(d) To show that animals are not as smart as slaves.
2. What best defines what mulatto means?
(a) An adulterous relationship between a master and a slave.
(b) A person who is violent to slaves.
(c) A slave child.
(d) A person who has one white parent and one blank parent.
3. What is ranked the same in value as the slaves?
(a) House pets.
(c) Farm animals .
4. How is Douglass's new master in Chapter Nine different than Douglass' previous owners?
(a) He's nice.
(b) He talks to Douglass like he does a white man.
(c) He's a coward.
(d) He beats Douglass.
5. What does Douglass use to practice his writing?
(a) Stick in the dirt.
(d) Quill and ink.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author of the Second Preface compare slaves to?
2. What is the "West Indies Experiment?"
3. What happens to Douglass's grandmother when she gets older?
4. What does Douglass vow to do during Chapter Six?
5. Who teaches Douglass some written words?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)