|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Phillips compares the Mississippi Valley to a story in what publication?
(a) A letter.
(b) The Bible.
(c) A journal.
(d) A newspaper.
2. What does the slave master who replaced Mr. Hopkins want to do?
(a) Keep his job by not being overly noticed.
(b) Increase his position with Colonel Lloyd.
(c) Buy his own farm.
(d) Earn enough money to buy his own slaves.
3. Who writes the second preface?
(a) Wendell Phillips.
(b) William Lloyd Garrison.
(c) Daniel O'Connell.
(d) Frederick Douglass.
4. Which state does Frederick Douglass come from?
5. While Douglass talks about slavery, what does he have flashbacks about?
(a) A friend who is a slave as a child.
(b) His first love.
(c) His first master.
(d) His family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is William Lloyd Garrison well-known for being?
2. In what time period of his life does Douglass's detailed descriptions in Chapter Two take place?
3. Why does Douglas think Mr. Hopkins is replaced?
4. How many years is Daniel O'Connell a slave in Africa?
5. What does the author of the Second Preface compare slaves to?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)