|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose offices and printing presses are destroyed in the Second Preface?
(a) A teacher's.
(b) A doctor's.
(c) A lawyer's.
(d) A pastor's.
2. What does a slave need from his or her master to travel?
(a) A ticket.
(b) A letter.
(c) A pass.
(d) Some money.
3. What is the possible real reason that the female slave was beaten?
(a) She is found with a male slave and her master is jealous.
(b) She steals some food.
(c) She is disobedent.
(d) She runs away, but is later caught.
4. What is the "West Indies Experiment?"
(a) An experiment to make white people slaves.
(b) An experiment to keep slave families together.
(c) An experiment to test working conditions on plantations.
(d) An experiment to see if slaves that were freed would be just as productive as the slaves who were not.
5. Who are the Thomases?
(a) Slave family who is sold and separated.
(b) City slaveholders.
(c) Southern slaveholders.
(d) Slaveholders who take good care of their slaves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Douglass's concern symbolic for?
2. In Chapter Five, why does Douglass not get treated as poorly as the other slaves?
3. Where does Douglass's master go in Chapter Nine that changes his behavior?
4. How many slaves are at the main farm?
5. What is the writer of the second preface famous for?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)