|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the ships Phillips describes in the second preface carrying?
2. Who does Douglass begin Chapter One talking about?
(a) His brother and sister.
(b) His first master.
(c) His slave friend.
(d) His mother and her parents.
3. Who says, "I speak advisedly when I say this,--that killing a slave, or any colored person, in Talbot County, Maryland, is not treated as a crime, either by the courts or the community."
(a) Frederick Douglass.
(b) Daniel O'Connell.
(c) Wendell Phillips.
(d) William Lloyd Garrison.
4. Who is Slave Master Mr. Hopkins replaced with?
(a) Mr. Anthony.
(b) Mr. Gore.
(c) Mr. Silas.
(d) Mr. Severe.
5. Who does Douglass's first master oversee?
(a) All of the overseers.
(b) Most of the overseers.
(c) Three of the overseers.
(d) Two of the overseers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who teaches Douglass some written words?
2. Garrison refers to Douglas as a man with...
3. Wendell Phillips is the son of a mayor of what city in Massachusetts?
4. What stays in Douglass's memory for the rest of his life?
5. What extreme example does Douglass give in Chapter Four of what slaveholders are able to get away with?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)