|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the ships Phillips describes in the second preface carrying?
2. What is the name of the overseer for the main farm house?
(a) Colonel Edward Lloyd.
(b) Captain Anthony.
(c) Captain O'Connel.
(d) Captain Jack.
3. What does Douglass describe in detail in Chapter Seven?
(a) How he continues to learn to read and write.
(b) When he moves to another plantation.
(c) How he befriends a white child.
(d) How he begins going to school.
4. Who is the new slaveholder in Chapter Nine that Douglass is not afraid to go to?
(a) Mr. Carry.
(b) Mr. Covey.
(c) Mr. Johnson.
(d) Mr. Leonard.
5. What is ranked the same in value as the slaves?
(b) Farm animals .
(c) House pets.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Douglass have to fight with to get his daily food?
2. Who does Douglass begin Chapter One talking about?
3. Where is Douglass sent to live in order to help a relative of his master?
4. Who is Whittier?
5. What is a main theme that Douglass uses in Chapter Three?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)