|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Douglass when Master Thomas has a conflict with his brother?
(a) He has to go work in the fields.
(b) He is beaten.
(c) He is moved to Baltimore.
(d) He is moved to St. Michael's.
2. Who is Whittier?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A poet.
(c) A slaveholder.
(d) A doctor.
3. How many overseers are there for the farms that Colonel Edward Lloyd owns?
(a) There is only one overseer .
(b) There is one overseer for each farm and one main overseer for all.
(c) There are two overseers for the farms.
(d) There is one overseer for every three farms and one main overseer for all.
4. What type of writing is the second preface?
(a) An essay.
(b) A short story.
(c) A letter.
(d) A poem.
5. What is one of the contrasting effects of slavery that Douglass suffers, according to Garrison?
(a) "A life not worth living."
(b) "Loses his soul."
(c) "No formal education."
(d) "Trembling in fear for his safety."
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Douglass sent to live in order to help a relative of his master?
2. What does Douglass describe in detail in Chapter Two?
3. What does "abolitionist" mean?
4. How many shirts does each working slave get for a year?
5. What does the Colonel do when the slaves disrespect him?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)