|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Near what river is the main farm Douglass works on?
(a) Miles River.
(b) Chippewa River.
(c) Mississippi River.
(d) Maryland River.
2. What type of language is used in the First Preface?
(a) Complicated language.
(b) Direct language.
(c) Comical language.
(d) Simple language.
3. Why does the slaveholder throw a female slave off the plantation in Chapter Nine?
(a) She is disabled from a fire.
(b) She is too young to do any work.
(c) She is his half sister.
(d) He catches her with another slave and is jealous.
4. What happens to Douglass when Master Thomas has a conflict with his brother?
(a) He is moved to Baltimore.
(b) He is beaten.
(c) He has to go work in the fields.
(d) He is moved to St. Michael's.
5. How many farms does Colonel Edward Lloyd own?
(a) More than twenty.
(b) More than ten.
(c) More than thirty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Douglass unhappy during Chapter Seven?
2. Who is Slave Master Mr. Hopkins replaced with?
3. Garrison builds up Douglass as an icon of what movement?
4. Why does Douglass like the job he does for Daniel?
5. What does Mrs. Auld do for a living?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)