|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many overseers are there for the farms that Colonel Edward Lloyd owns?
(a) There is only one overseer .
(b) There is one overseer for each farm and one main overseer for all.
(c) There is one overseer for every three farms and one main overseer for all.
(d) There are two overseers for the farms.
2. Why does the Colonel put tar on the fence?
(a) To ruin the slaves only clothes if they try to climb it.
(b) To know if the slaves try to escape.
(c) To keep the animals away.
(d) To identify any slave that attempts to steal.
3. In what time period of his life does Douglass's detailed descriptions in Chapter Two take place?
(a) His teenage years.
(b) When he meets his first love.
(c) Two years of his childhood.
(d) His twenties.
4. Who writes the first preface of the Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass, an American Slave?
(a) Frederick Douglass.
(b) William Smith.
(c) William Lloyd Garrison.
(d) Daniel O'Connell.
5. What makes Douglass unhappy during Chapter Seven?
(a) Being starved.
(b) Missing his mother.
(c) His new found knowledge about slavery.
(d) Being beaten.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Five, why does Douglass not get treated as poorly as the other slaves?
2. Where is Douglass supposed to look while talking to the master's wife?
3. When Mr. Lanman brags about the two killings what happens?
4. How many slaves are at the main farm?
5. What is one of the contrasting effects of slavery that Douglass suffers, according to Garrison?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)