|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is William Lloyd Garrison well-known for being?
(a) A Civil War soldier.
(b) A slave master.
(c) A slave.
(d) An abolitionist.
2. What does Phillips say he did while reading what Douglass had written?
3. What later happens to the person whose offices and printing presses are destroyed?
(a) The person goes to jail.
(b) The person moves away.
(c) The person is murdered.
(d) The person gets help and rebuilds what was destroyed.
4. Which state does Frederick Douglass come from?
5. What does Douglass describe in detail in Chapter Two?
(a) His first masters and the farms he lives on.
(b) His mother and her parents.
(c) His aunts and uncles.
(d) His brother and sisters.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Douglass, what do the slaves strive for?
2. While Douglass talks about slavery, what does he have flashbacks about?
3. Phillips compares the Mississippi Valley to a story in what publication?
4. How does Garrison describe Douglass's nature?
5. What do the slaves produce on the main farm besides tobacco and corn?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)