|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which relatives' names does Douglass know?
(a) His father and his parents.
(b) His mother and his aunt.
(c) His mother and her parents.
(d) His father and his uncle.
2. What type of writing is the second preface?
(a) A short story.
(b) An essay.
(c) A poem.
(d) A letter.
3. What is the "West Indies Experiment?"
(a) An experiment to see if slaves that were freed would be just as productive as the slaves who were not.
(b) An experiment to test working conditions on plantations.
(c) An experiment to make white people slaves.
(d) An experiment to keep slave families together.
4. What is the name of the overseer for the main farm house?
(a) Colonel Edward Lloyd.
(b) Captain O'Connel.
(c) Captain Jack.
(d) Captain Anthony.
5. Where is the punishment of slaves and the food given out?
(a) Great House Farm.
(b) Lloyd Farm House.
(c) At each of the farms.
(d) Lloyd Family Farm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of style does the First Preface take on?
2. What brings tears to Douglass's eyes?
3. How many shirts does each working slave get for a year?
4. What does Garrison scream at the end of his sermon?
5. What is the possible real reason that the female slave was beaten?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)