|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the writer of the second preface famous for?
(a) Being a slave trainer.
(c) Being a slave master.
(d) Being an anti-slavery orator.
2. While Douglass talks about slavery, what does he have flashbacks about?
(a) His first master.
(b) His family.
(c) His first love.
(d) A friend who is a slave as a child.
3. What do the slaves produce on the main farm besides tobacco and corn?
4. What does the author of the Second Preface compare slaves to?
5. Who is Frederick Douglass's first master?
(a) James O'Conner.
(b) Captain Anthony.
(c) William Davenport.
(d) William Lloyd Garrison.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the overseer who Douglass describes as cursing all day and whose death was seen as a blessing?
2. Which relatives' names does Douglass know?
3. Phillips compares the Mississippi Valley to a story in what publication?
4. How many slaves are at the main farm?
5. What is the name of the overseer for the main farm house?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)