|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Phillips compares the Mississippi Valley to a story in what publication?
(a) A newspaper.
(b) A journal.
(c) The Bible.
(d) A letter.
2. Who does Douglass's first master have as a supervisor?
(a) Mr. Garrison.
(b) Mr. Plummer.
(c) Mr. Phillips.
(d) Mr. Grady.
3. How many overseers are there for the farms that Colonel Edward Lloyd owns?
(a) There is one overseer for every three farms and one main overseer for all.
(b) There is one overseer for each farm and one main overseer for all.
(c) There are two overseers for the farms.
(d) There is only one overseer .
4. What brings tears to Douglass's eyes?
(a) The emotional impact of babies being taken from their mothers.
(b) The images of the slaves being beaten.
(c) The memory of slaves singing.
(d) The images of slaves being hung.
5. What does the author of the Second Preface compare slaves to?
Short Answer Questions
1. Near what river is the main farm Douglass works on?
2. Whose offices and printing presses are destroyed in the Second Preface?
3. According to Douglass, what do the slaves strive for?
4. What is the name of the main farm house that Colonel Edward Lloyd owns?
5. What does Phillips say he did while reading what Douglass had written?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)