|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the ships Phillips describes in the second preface carrying?
2. How many slaves are at the main farm?
(a) Ten or twenty.
(b) Thirty or forty.
(c) Three or four hundred.
(d) Four or five hundred.
3. What is Douglass's concern symbolic for?
(a) Loss of his identity.
(b) Not being loved.
(c) Lack of control.
(d) Feeling helpless.
4. According to Douglass, what do the slaves strive for?
(a) To be the head slave.
(b) To get an additional blanket.
(c) To work at the main farm.
(d) To get extra food.
5. How long is the food that is given to the adult slaves suppose to last?
(a) Two months.
(b) One week.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) One month.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the "West Indies Experiment?"
2. Which relatives' names does Douglass know?
3. Phillips compares the Mississippi Valley to a story in what publication?
4. What does Douglass describe in detail in Chapter Two?
5. What stays in Douglass's memory for the rest of his life?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)