|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the overseer who Douglass describes as cursing all day and whose death was seen as a blessing?
(a) Mr. Lloyd.
(b) Mr. Anthony.
(c) Mr. Hopkins.
(d) Mr. Severe.
2. What is one of the contrasting effects of slavery that Douglass suffers, according to Garrison?
(a) "Loses his soul."
(b) "Trembling in fear for his safety."
(c) "A life not worth living."
(d) "No formal education."
3. What are the ships Phillips describes in the second preface carrying?
4. What event does Phillips predict?
(a) His own death.
(b) The death of Douglass.
(c) The end of slavery the following year.
(d) The Civil War.
5. What is William Lloyd Garrison well-known for being?
(a) A Civil War soldier.
(b) A slave.
(c) An abolitionist.
(d) A slave master.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the "West Indies Experiment?"
2. In what time period of his life does Douglass's detailed descriptions in Chapter Two take place?
3. What does the author of the Second Preface compare slaves to?
4. What later happens to the person whose offices and printing presses are destroyed?
5. How many farms does Colonel Edward Lloyd own?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)