|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Phillips compares the Mississippi Valley to a story in what publication?
(a) The Bible.
(b) A journal.
(c) A letter.
(d) A newspaper.
2. What is the name of the main farm house that Colonel Edward Lloyd owns?
(a) Great House Farm.
(b) Farm House of Lloyd.
(c) Lloyd Farm House.
(d) Lloyd Family Farm.
3. What best defines what mulatto means?
(a) A person who is violent to slaves.
(b) A slave child.
(c) A person who has one white parent and one blank parent.
(d) An adulterous relationship between a master and a slave.
4. What event does Phillips predict?
(a) The end of slavery the following year.
(b) The death of Douglass.
(c) The Civil War.
(d) His own death.
5. What do the slaves produce on the main farm besides tobacco and corn?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many farms does Colonel Edward Lloyd own?
2. What type of style does the First Preface take on?
3. How does Garrison describe Douglass's nature?
4. How long is the food that is given to the adult slaves suppose to last?
5. Whose offices and printing presses are destroyed in the Second Preface?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)