|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many slaves are at the main farm?
(a) Three or four hundred.
(b) Ten or twenty.
(c) Four or five hundred.
(d) Thirty or forty.
2. What type of writing is the second preface?
(a) An essay.
(b) A short story.
(c) A letter.
(d) A poem.
3. In what time period of his life does Douglass's detailed descriptions in Chapter Two take place?
(a) His twenties.
(b) Two years of his childhood.
(c) When he meets his first love.
(d) His teenage years.
4. Who does Douglass's first master have as a supervisor?
(a) Mr. Garrison.
(b) Mr. Phillips.
(c) Mr. Grady.
(d) Mr. Plummer.
5. Who does Douglass's first master oversee?
(a) Two of the overseers.
(b) All of the overseers.
(c) Most of the overseers.
(d) Three of the overseers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the newspaper Garrison publishes?
2. What does Douglass describe in detail in Chapter Two?
3. Who writes the second preface?
4. What does Garrison scream at the end of his sermon?
5. What is the writer of the second preface famous for?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)