|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the "West Indies Experiment?"
(a) An experiment to test working conditions on plantations.
(b) An experiment to see if slaves that were freed would be just as productive as the slaves who were not.
(c) An experiment to keep slave families together.
(d) An experiment to make white people slaves.
2. What does Frederick Douglass say disgusts him?
(b) Slave traders.
(c) Slaves being beaten .
(d) Slaveholders forcing themselves on slave women, then having children with them.
3. Why is Douglass shocked at seeing the female slave being beaten?
(a) He lives at the far end of the farm and is sheltered from these occurrences.
(b) She is young and pregnant.
(c) He thinks the supervisor is a good man.
(d) He thinks she is nice.
4. Garrison builds up Douglass as an icon of what movement?
5. About what age is Douglass when his mother dies?
Short Answer Questions
1. Garrison asks the reader for sympathy for whom?
2. Approximately how many issues of his newspaper does Garrison publish?
3. Who helps Frederick Douglass with his writing?
4. What rumor does Douglass tell about himself in Chapter one?
5. What is the name of the newspaper Garrison publishes?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)