|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Garrison asks the reader for sympathy for whom?
(b) The "down-trodden victims."
(c) Frederick Douglass.
(d) The slaveholders.
2. What type of style does the First Preface take on?
(c) A religious sermon.
3. What later happens to the person whose offices and printing presses are destroyed?
(a) The person is murdered.
(b) The person goes to jail.
(c) The person moves away.
(d) The person gets help and rebuilds what was destroyed.
4. What do the slaves produce on the main farm besides tobacco and corn?
5. How many years does Garrison publish his newspaper?
(a) 35 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 25 years.
(d) 15 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Garrison refers to Douglas as a man with...
2. What is the female slave's name that Douglass describes being beaten by the supervisor?
3. What is Douglass's concern symbolic for?
4. Near what river is the main farm Douglass works on?
5. Who helps Frederick Douglass with his writing?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)