|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Approximately how many issues of his newspaper does Garrison publish?
(a) 1,800 issues.
(b) 15,000 issues.
(c) 100 issues.
(d) 500 issues.
2. What is the name of the newspaper Garrison publishes?
(a) New Englander.
(b) The Liberator.
(c) The Slave Trader.
(d) The Slave Master.
3. What brings tears to Douglass's eyes?
(a) The emotional impact of babies being taken from their mothers.
(b) The memory of slaves singing.
(c) The images of the slaves being beaten.
(d) The images of slaves being hung.
4. Who does Douglass's first master have as a supervisor?
(a) Mr. Garrison.
(b) Mr. Phillips.
(c) Mr. Grady.
(d) Mr. Plummer.
5. Who does Douglass's first master oversee?
(a) Two of the overseers.
(b) Three of the overseers.
(c) All of the overseers.
(d) Most of the overseers.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city in Massachusetts does Garrison hear the speech about slavery?
2. Who gives the anti-slavery speech in Massachusetts?
3. What is the writer of the second preface famous for?
4. Who does Phillips watch being dragged off to be lynched?
5. Who writes the first preface of the Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass, an American Slave?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)