|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the contrasting effects of slavery that Douglass suffers, according to Garrison?
(a) "Loses his soul."
(b) "A life not worth living."
(c) "No formal education."
(d) "Trembling in fear for his safety."
2. Who does Phillips compare Douglass to?
(a) Civil War Soldiers.
(b) Slave Masters.
(c) The writers of the Constitution.
3. What do the slaves produce on the main farm besides tobacco and corn?
4. What brings tears to Douglass's eyes?
(a) The emotional impact of babies being taken from their mothers.
(b) The memory of slaves singing.
(c) The images of the slaves being beaten.
(d) The images of slaves being hung.
5. Who does Douglass begin Chapter One talking about?
(a) His brother and sister.
(b) His mother and her parents.
(c) His first master.
(d) His slave friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Frederick Douglass's first master?
2. Wendell Phillips is the son of a mayor of what city in Massachusetts?
3. According to Douglass, what do the slaves strive for?
4. What does Douglass describe in detail in Chapter Two?
5. What does Phillips say he did while reading what Douglass had written?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)