|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Douglass, what do the slaves strive for?
(a) To get extra food.
(b) To be the head slave.
(c) To work at the main farm.
(d) To get an additional blanket.
2. How old does Douglass think he is in the First Chapter?
(a) 29 or 30 years old.
(b) 20 or 21 years old.
(c) 27 or 28 years old.
(d) 25 or 26 years old.
3. What event does Phillips predict?
(a) The end of slavery the following year.
(b) His own death.
(c) The Civil War.
(d) The death of Douglass.
4. What is William Lloyd Garrison well-known for being?
(a) A slave.
(b) An abolitionist.
(c) A slave master.
(d) A Civil War soldier.
5. What does Phillips say he did while reading what Douglass had written?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Douglass's first master have as a supervisor?
2. What is the "West Indies Experiment?"
3. At what age are slave children separated from their mothers?
4. Garrison asks the reader for sympathy for whom?
5. Wendell Phillips is the son of a mayor of what city in Massachusetts?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)