|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose offices and printing presses are destroyed in the Second Preface?
(a) A pastor's.
(b) A doctor's.
(c) A teacher's.
(d) A lawyer's.
2. What best defines what mulatto means?
(a) A person who is violent to slaves.
(b) An adulterous relationship between a master and a slave.
(c) A slave child.
(d) A person who has one white parent and one blank parent.
3. How many farms does Colonel Edward Lloyd own?
(a) More than thirty.
(c) More than ten.
(d) More than twenty.
4. Garrison refers to Douglas as a man with...
(a) "High regard."
(b) "Commanding stature."
(c) "A body ravaged by time."
(d) "Little hope."
5. How many years is Daniel O'Connell a slave in Africa?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Douglass's concern symbolic for?
2. Approximately how many issues of his newspaper does Garrison publish?
3. What do the slaves produce on the main farm besides tobacco and corn?
4. What does Douglass describe in detail in Chapter Two?
5. What does Frederick Douglass say disgusts him?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)