|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which relatives' names does Douglass know?
(a) His mother and her parents.
(b) His father and his uncle.
(c) His father and his parents.
(d) His mother and his aunt.
2. What event does Phillips predict?
(a) The end of slavery the following year.
(b) His own death.
(c) The death of Douglass.
(d) The Civil War.
3. Who is Colonel Edward Lloyd?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A Civil War soldier.
(c) A slaveholder.
(d) A lawyer.
4. Approximately how many issues of his newspaper does Garrison publish?
(a) 1,800 issues.
(b) 100 issues.
(c) 500 issues.
(d) 15,000 issues.
5. What best defines what mulatto means?
(a) A person who is violent to slaves.
(b) An adulterous relationship between a master and a slave.
(c) A slave child.
(d) A person who has one white parent and one blank parent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the contrasting effects of slavery that Douglass suffers, according to Garrison?
2. How old does Douglass think he is in the First Chapter?
3. What is the name of the main farm house that Colonel Edward Lloyd owns?
4. What does Garrison scream at the end of his sermon?
5. What type of writing is the second preface?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)