|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old does Douglass think he is in the First Chapter?
(a) 27 or 28 years old.
(b) 25 or 26 years old.
(c) 29 or 30 years old.
(d) 20 or 21 years old.
2. Who does Phillips watch being dragged off to be lynched?
(a) Frederick Douglass.
(b) William Lloyd Garrison.
(c) Daniel O'Connell.
(d) James McAlister.
3. How many overseers are there for the farms that Colonel Edward Lloyd owns?
(a) There are two overseers for the farms.
(b) There is only one overseer .
(c) There is one overseer for every three farms and one main overseer for all.
(d) There is one overseer for each farm and one main overseer for all.
4. What does Phillips say he did while reading what Douglass had written?
5. Near what river is the main farm Douglass works on?
(a) Mississippi River.
(b) Miles River.
(c) Chippewa River.
(d) Maryland River.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what time period of his life does Douglass's detailed descriptions in Chapter Two take place?
2. How many shirts does each working slave get for a year?
3. What is the possible real reason that the female slave was beaten?
4. What event does Phillips predict?
5. Who does Douglass's first master oversee?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)