|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What stays in Douglass's memory for the rest of his life?
(a) The images of slaves being hung.
(b) The images of the slaves being beaten.
(c) The emotional impact of babies being taken from their mothers.
(d) The emotional impact of the songs the slaves sing.
2. What does Phillips say he did while reading what Douglass had written?
3. What happens when Phillips goes to the police about issues related to slavery?
(a) The police find the wrongdoers and punish them.
(b) The police investigate .
(c) The police put Phillips in jail.
(d) The police do nothing.
4. What is the name of the main farm house that Colonel Edward Lloyd owns?
(a) Farm House of Lloyd.
(b) Great House Farm.
(c) Lloyd Family Farm.
(d) Lloyd Farm House.
5. In what time period of his life does Douglass's detailed descriptions in Chapter Two take place?
(a) His teenage years.
(b) When he meets his first love.
(c) His twenties.
(d) Two years of his childhood.
Short Answer Questions
1. Approximately how many issues of his newspaper does Garrison publish?
2. Who helps Frederick Douglass with his writing?
3. What does Wendell Phillips do for a living?
4. What type of language is used in the First Preface?
5. Where is the punishment of slaves and the food given out?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)