|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many farms does Colonel Edward Lloyd own?
(a) More than thirty.
(c) More than ten.
(d) More than twenty.
2. How many slaves are at the main farm?
(a) Four or five hundred.
(b) Three or four hundred.
(c) Ten or twenty.
(d) Thirty or forty.
3. What stays in Douglass's memory for the rest of his life?
(a) The images of slaves being hung.
(b) The emotional impact of the songs the slaves sing.
(c) The images of the slaves being beaten.
(d) The emotional impact of babies being taken from their mothers.
4. Wendell Phillips is the son of a mayor of what city in Massachusetts?
5. Who does Douglass's first master have as a supervisor?
(a) Mr. Plummer.
(b) Mr. Phillips.
(c) Mr. Garrison.
(d) Mr. Grady.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who writes the first preface of the Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass, an American Slave?
2. Which state does Frederick Douglass come from?
3. How old does Douglass think he is in the First Chapter?
4. Who helps Frederick Douglass with his writing?
5. Who is Colonel Edward Lloyd?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)