|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the overseer for the main farm house?
(a) Colonel Edward Lloyd.
(b) Captain Anthony.
(c) Captain O'Connel.
(d) Captain Jack.
2. Wendell Phillips is the son of a mayor of what city in Massachusetts?
3. While Douglass talks about slavery, what does he have flashbacks about?
(a) His first love.
(b) His first master.
(c) A friend who is a slave as a child.
(d) His family.
4. Near what river is the main farm Douglass works on?
(a) Chippewa River.
(b) Mississippi River.
(c) Miles River.
(d) Maryland River.
5. What does Garrison scream at the end of his sermon?
(a) "DEATH TO THE SLAVEHOLDERS!"
(b) "NO COMPROMISE WITH SLAVERY! NO UNION WITH SLAVEHOLDERS!"
(c) "WE CAN FREE THE SLAVES NOW!"
(d) "FREE ALL THE SLAVES NOW!"
Short Answer Questions
1. Which relatives' names does Douglass know?
2. Who does Douglass's first master oversee?
3. What do the slaves produce on the main farm besides tobacco and corn?
4. What is the name of the overseer who Douglass describes as cursing all day and whose death was seen as a blessing?
5. What rumor does Douglass tell about himself in Chapter one?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)