Quiz: Preface to Chapter 1
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
Directions: Circle the correct answer.
1. Wendell Phillips is the son of a mayor of what city in Massachusetts?
2. What type of style does the First Preface take on?
b) A religious sermon.
3. About what age is Douglass when his mother dies?
4. While Douglass talks about slavery, what does he have flashbacks about?
a) His family.
b) A friend who is a slave as a child.
c) His first master.
d) His first love.
5. Garrison asks the reader for sympathy for whom?
a) The slaveholders.
b) The "down-trodden victims."
c) Frederick Douglass.
This section contains 239 words|
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)