|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What extreme example does Douglass give in Chapter Four of what slaveholders are able to get away with?
(a) Overworking slaves.
(b) Starving slaves.
(c) Beating slaves.
(d) Murdering slaves.
2. What does Phillips say he did while reading what Douglass had written?
3. Who is Slave Master Mr. Hopkins replaced with?
(a) Mr. Severe.
(b) Mr. Gore.
(c) Mr. Anthony.
(d) Mr. Silas.
4. What does Wendell Phillips do for a living?
(a) He is a soldier.
(b) He is a lawyer.
(c) He is a writer.
(d) He is a publisher.
5. Who tries to help Douglass learn the alphabet?
(a) Mrs. Auld.
(b) Mrs. Lloyd .
(c) Mr. Auld.
(d) Mr. Anthony.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Colonel Lloyd do about one of his slaves getting killed?
2. Who does Phillips compare Douglass to?
3. What is the name of the slave who is killed in the water when he refuses to get out after being beaten?
4. What does the father and son slave team take care of on the Colonel's farm?
5. What does Douglass compare the way slaves are treated to?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)