|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Douglass compare the treatment of slaves in the city to?
(a) Treatment of pigs.
(b) Treatment of slaves in the country.
(c) Treatment of criminals.
(d) Treatment of slaves in the South.
2. What does Wendell Phillips do for a living?
(a) He is a soldier.
(b) He is a lawyer.
(c) He is a writer.
(d) He is a publisher.
3. What event does Phillips predict?
(a) The Civil War.
(b) The end of slavery the following year.
(c) The death of Douglass.
(d) His own death.
4. Why do the slaves say kind words about their masters?
(a) To receive more food.
(b) To gain the masters respect.
(c) To gain better living accomadations.
(d) Because they are afraid of being traded away.
5. What later happens to the person whose offices and printing presses are destroyed?
(a) The person gets help and rebuilds what was destroyed.
(b) The person goes to jail.
(c) The person is murdered.
(d) The person moves away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the white sails of the ships mentioned in the Second Preface symbolize?
2. Why does the Colonel put tar on the fence?
3. Why is Douglass shocked at seeing the female slave being beaten?
4. What does Colonel Lloyd own that takes five men to maintain?
5. What does Douglass's master teach him?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)