|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many slaves has Mrs. Auld owned before?
2. Why does the Colonel put tar on the fence?
(a) To keep the animals away.
(b) To know if the slaves try to escape.
(c) To ruin the slaves only clothes if they try to climb it.
(d) To identify any slave that attempts to steal.
3. Where is Douglass supposed to look while talking to the master's wife?
(a) Look ahead, just not right at her.
(b) Look her in the eyes.
(c) Look at the floor.
(d) Look away.
4. Wendell Phillips is the son of a mayor of what city in Massachusetts?
5. What is the writer of the second preface famous for?
(a) Being an anti-slavery orator.
(b) Being a slave trainer.
(c) Being a slave master.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the possible real reason that the female slave was beaten?
2. What does the author of the Second Preface compare slaves to?
3. Why does Douglas think Mr. Hopkins is replaced?
4. Who does Douglass begin Chapter One talking about?
5. What event does Phillips predict?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)