|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many slaves has Mrs. Auld owned before?
2. What does Douglass realize about education in Chapter Six?
(a) He is smart.
(b) Slaves can be educated.
(c) Uneducated slaves can be controlled.
(d) Learning to read will help him earn money.
3. What best defines what mulatto means?
(a) A slave child.
(b) An adulterous relationship between a master and a slave.
(c) A person who has one white parent and one blank parent.
(d) A person who is violent to slaves.
4. Where is Douglass supposed to look while talking to the master's wife?
(a) Look at the floor.
(b) Look away.
(c) Look her in the eyes.
(d) Look ahead, just not right at her.
5. At what age are slave children separated from their mothers?
(a) Before turning three.
(b) Before turning one.
(c) At two years of age.
(d) Before turning five.
Short Answer Questions
1. What body of water does Phillips say Douglass has seen the ships sailing on?
2. What is Douglass's concern symbolic for?
3. Who says, "It would forever unfit him to be a slave?"
4. What does Colonel Lloyd do about one of his slaves getting killed?
5. What is Douglass concerned about in Chapter One?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)