|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Douglass talks about slavery, what does he have flashbacks about?
(a) A friend who is a slave as a child.
(b) His first master.
(c) His first love.
(d) His family.
2. What is the "West Indies Experiment?"
(a) An experiment to see if slaves that were freed would be just as productive as the slaves who were not.
(b) An experiment to test working conditions on plantations.
(c) An experiment to make white people slaves.
(d) An experiment to keep slave families together.
3. What is the possible real reason that the female slave was beaten?
(a) She is found with a male slave and her master is jealous.
(b) She is disobedent.
(c) She runs away, but is later caught.
(d) She steals some food.
4. How many house servants does Colonel Lloyd have?
(a) Ten or fifteen .
(b) Five or ten.
(c) Twenty or twenty five.
(d) Eight or ten.
5. What does Douglass's master teach him?
(a) Learning is hard.
(b) Education will help him earn money.
(c) Education will lead to his freedom.
(d) Slaves are smart.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Colonel Lloyd do about one of his slaves getting killed?
2. What extreme example does Douglass give in Chapter Four of what slaveholders are able to get away with?
3. Why does the Colonel put tar on the fence?
4. What does Wendell Phillips do for a living?
5. Who writes the second preface?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)