|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the slave master tell his wife regarding not teaching slaves to read?
(a) All are correct.
(b) He said that it's not safe.
(c) He said that it's against the law.
(d) He said they would be unmanageable.
2. Which slaveholders exhibit more morality?
(a) Southern slaveholders.
(b) The Lloyds.
(c) City slaveholders.
(d) The Garrisons.
3. What event does Phillips predict?
(a) The end of slavery the following year.
(b) The Civil War.
(c) The death of Douglass.
(d) His own death.
4. What do the white sails of the ships mentioned in the Second Preface symbolize?
5. What type of writing is the second preface?
(a) A poem.
(b) An essay.
(c) A letter.
(d) A short story.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Douglass's concern symbolic for?
2. What does the slave master who replaces Mr. Hopkins expect from the slaves?
3. Who are the Thomases?
4. Who does Douglass's first master have as a supervisor?
5. What are the ships Phillips describes in the second preface carrying?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)