|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Douglass's concern symbolic for?
(a) Lack of control.
(b) Feeling helpless.
(c) Loss of his identity.
(d) Not being loved.
2. What body of water does Phillips say Douglass has seen the ships sailing on?
(a) Cape Cod.
(b) The Chesapeake Bay.
(c) The Atlantic Ocean.
(d) The Boston Harbor.
3. What is Colonel Lloyd obsessed with?
(a) The care of his horses and carriage.
(b) His hunting dogs.
(c) His crops.
(d) The running of his farms.
4. Which state does Frederick Douglass come from?
5. What is the female slave's name that Douglass describes being beaten by the supervisor?
(a) Aunt Hester.
(b) Ann Jester.
(c) Jan Harris.
(d) Arlene Henry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the white sails of the ships mentioned in the Second Preface symbolize?
2. Phillips compares the Mississippi Valley to a story in what publication?
3. Why does Douglas think Mr. Hopkins is replaced?
4. How old does Douglass think he is in the First Chapter?
5. What does Douglass realize about education in Chapter Six?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)