|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Lanman kill one of two slaves?
2. How many slaves does Colonel Lloyd have in total?
(a) About two thousand.
(b) About one thousand.
(c) About eight hundred.
(d) About thirteen hundred.
3. What does the slave master tell his wife regarding not teaching slaves to read?
(a) All are correct.
(b) He said that it's against the law.
(c) He said that it's not safe.
(d) He said they would be unmanageable.
4. Who does Douglass begin Chapter One talking about?
(a) His slave friend.
(b) His first master.
(c) His mother and her parents.
(d) His brother and sister.
5. What does Phillips say he did while reading what Douglass had written?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the ships Phillips describes in the second preface carrying?
2. What does Douglass's master teach him?
3. Why is Douglass shocked at seeing the female slave being beaten?
4. What is Colonel Lloyd obsessed with?
5. How does Douglass describe the slave master who replaces Mr. Hopkins?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)