|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many slaves has Mrs. Auld owned before?
2. Who are the Thomases?
(a) Slave family who is sold and separated.
(b) City slaveholders.
(c) Slaveholders who take good care of their slaves.
(d) Southern slaveholders.
3. What is Douglass concerned about in Chapter One?
(a) His age.
(b) His Mom.
(c) Being beaten.
(d) Not having enough food.
4. What are the ships Phillips describes in the second preface carrying?
5. What is a teenage girl in Douglass's own family killed for?
(a) Talking to the masters children.
(b) Feeding the house animals too much.
(c) Not properly cleaning the kitchen.
(d) Falling asleep while babysitting.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which relatives' names does Douglass know?
2. Why does the Colonel put tar on the fence?
3. At what age are slave children separated from their mothers?
4. How many slaves does Colonel Lloyd have in total?
5. Who does Douglass's first master have as a supervisor?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)