|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Colonel Lloyd do about one of his slaves getting killed?
(a) He fires the slave master.
(b) He does nothing and lets the incident pass.
(c) He makes the slave master pay the cost of the slave.
(d) He turns the slave master in to the authorities.
2. How old does Douglass think he is in the First Chapter?
(a) 20 or 21 years old.
(b) 29 or 30 years old.
(c) 25 or 26 years old.
(d) 27 or 28 years old.
3. What does the father and son slave team take care of on the Colonel's farm?
(a) The garden.
(b) The pool.
(c) The carriages, horses, and stables.
(d) The cows and other farm animals.
4. What later happens to the person whose offices and printing presses are destroyed?
(a) The person moves away.
(b) The person gets help and rebuilds what was destroyed.
(c) The person goes to jail.
(d) The person is murdered.
5. Where is Douglass supposed to look while talking to the master's wife?
(a) Look her in the eyes.
(b) Look at the floor.
(c) Look ahead, just not right at her.
(d) Look away.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many slaves has Mrs. Auld owned before?
2. Who is Slave Master Mr. Hopkins replaced with?
3. Who does Douglass's first master have as a supervisor?
4. What does Douglass vow to do during Chapter Six?
5. Who are the Thomases?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)