|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Douglass realize about education in Chapter Six?
(a) Learning to read will help him earn money.
(b) Slaves can be educated.
(c) Uneducated slaves can be controlled.
(d) He is smart.
2. What does Douglass compare the treatment of slaves in the city to?
(a) Treatment of pigs.
(b) Treatment of criminals.
(c) Treatment of slaves in the South.
(d) Treatment of slaves in the country.
3. What is the name of the slave who is killed in the water when he refuses to get out after being beaten?
4. What does Frederick Douglass say disgusts him?
(a) Slaves being beaten .
(c) Slave traders.
(d) Slaveholders forcing themselves on slave women, then having children with them.
5. Who does Douglass's first master have as a supervisor?
(a) Mr. Garrison.
(b) Mr. Phillips.
(c) Mr. Grady.
(d) Mr. Plummer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the father and son slave team take care of on the Colonel's farm?
2. What is Douglass concerned about in Chapter One?
3. What is the writer of the second preface famous for?
4. How does Mr. Lanman kill one of two slaves?
5. What is the competition among the slaves?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)