|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What later happens to the person whose offices and printing presses are destroyed?
(a) The person moves away.
(b) The person gets help and rebuilds what was destroyed.
(c) The person goes to jail.
(d) The person is murdered.
2. What is the name of the slave who is killed in the water when he refuses to get out after being beaten?
3. What body of water does Phillips say Douglass has seen the ships sailing on?
(a) The Boston Harbor.
(b) Cape Cod.
(c) The Atlantic Ocean.
(d) The Chesapeake Bay.
4. What does Douglass compare the treatment of slaves in the city to?
(a) Treatment of slaves in the South.
(b) Treatment of slaves in the country.
(c) Treatment of pigs.
(d) Treatment of criminals.
5. What does Douglass focus on describing in Chapter Three?
(a) Slave families attempt at staying together.
(b) His teenage years.
(c) The luxuries of slaveholders .
(d) The punishments slaves endure.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Douglass vow to do during Chapter Six?
2. What is Douglass concerned about in Chapter One?
3. What does Mrs. Auld do for a living?
4. Who is Slave Master Mr. Hopkins replaced with?
5. What is the female slave's name that Douglass describes being beaten by the supervisor?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)