|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Colonel Lloyd do about one of his slaves getting killed?
(a) He does nothing and lets the incident pass.
(b) He fires the slave master.
(c) He turns the slave master in to the authorities.
(d) He makes the slave master pay the cost of the slave.
2. What is Douglass's concern symbolic for?
(a) Not being loved.
(b) Feeling helpless.
(c) Lack of control.
(d) Loss of his identity.
3. What does the author of the Second Preface compare slaves to?
4. What is Douglass irritated with his mother for?
(a) For coming to visit him, knowing she could get beaten for it.
(b) For dying.
(c) Not telling him who his father is.
(d) For leaving him even though he knows she could not help it.
5. What do the white sails of the ships mentioned in the Second Preface symbolize?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many slaves has Mrs. Auld owned before?
2. What does Wendell Phillips do for a living?
3. Who writes the second preface?
4. What does Frederick Douglass say disgusts him?
5. What happens when Phillips goes to the police about issues related to slavery?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)