|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what age are slave children separated from their mothers?
(a) Before turning one.
(b) At two years of age.
(c) Before turning three.
(d) Before turning five.
2. What is the competition among the slaves?
(a) The one who is yelled at the least.
(b) Each insists that their master is better than the other's master.
(c) Who has the most food left after a week.
(d) Who could go without a beating for the longest.
3. What does the slave master tell his wife regarding not teaching slaves to read?
(a) He said they would be unmanageable.
(b) He said that it's against the law.
(c) He said that it's not safe.
(d) All are correct.
4. About what age is Douglass when his mother dies?
5. What is the "West Indies Experiment?"
(a) An experiment to keep slave families together.
(b) An experiment to test working conditions on plantations.
(c) An experiment to make white people slaves.
(d) An experiment to see if slaves that were freed would be just as productive as the slaves who were not.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the writer of the second preface famous for?
2. Why does the Colonel put tar on the fence?
3. What does Douglass focus on describing in Chapter Three?
4. Who are the Thomases?
5. Who does Douglass begin Chapter One talking about?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)