|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Douglass's first master have as a supervisor?
(a) Mr. Garrison.
(b) Mr. Plummer.
(c) Mr. Phillips.
(d) Mr. Grady.
2. What does Phillips say he did while reading what Douglass had written?
3. What does the author of the Second Preface compare slaves to?
4. Who are the Thomases?
(a) Slaveholders who take good care of their slaves.
(b) Slave family who is sold and separated.
(c) Southern slaveholders.
(d) City slaveholders.
5. Which relatives' names does Douglass know?
(a) His mother and his aunt.
(b) His mother and her parents.
(c) His father and his parents.
(d) His father and his uncle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the "West Indies Experiment?"
2. Who does Phillips compare Douglass to?
3. How many slaves does Colonel Lloyd have in total?
4. Whose offices and printing presses are destroyed in the Second Preface?
5. How does Douglass describe the slave master who replaces Mr. Hopkins?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)