|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Douglass compare the treatment of slaves in the city to?
(a) Treatment of criminals.
(b) Treatment of pigs.
(c) Treatment of slaves in the South.
(d) Treatment of slaves in the country.
2. Which state does Frederick Douglass come from?
3. Who says, "It would forever unfit him to be a slave?"
(a) Mrs. Auld.
(b) Mr. Auld.
(c) Mr. Lloyd.
(d) Mr. Anthony.
4. Wendell Phillips is the son of a mayor of what city in Massachusetts?
5. What does Colonel Lloyd own that takes five men to maintain?
(a) A garden.
(b) A large food storage building.
(c) A ship.
(d) A pool.
Short Answer Questions
1. What extreme example does Douglass give in Chapter Four of what slaveholders are able to get away with?
2. Who does Douglass begin Chapter One talking about?
3. About what age is Douglass when his mother dies?
4. What is the female slave's name that Douglass describes being beaten by the supervisor?
5. What does Douglass's master teach him?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)