|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Colonel Lloyd do about one of his slaves getting killed?
(a) He does nothing and lets the incident pass.
(b) He makes the slave master pay the cost of the slave.
(c) He fires the slave master.
(d) He turns the slave master in to the authorities.
2. What does the slave master who replaces Mr. Hopkins expect from the slaves?
3. What does Phillips say he did while reading what Douglass had written?
4. What event does Phillips predict?
(a) The death of Douglass.
(b) The end of slavery the following year.
(c) The Civil War.
(d) His own death.
5. What does the father and son slave team take care of on the Colonel's farm?
(a) The carriages, horses, and stables.
(b) The pool.
(c) The garden.
(d) The cows and other farm animals.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose offices and printing presses are destroyed in the Second Preface?
2. Who writes the second preface?
3. At what age are slave children separated from their mothers?
4. Who says, "It would forever unfit him to be a slave?"
5. Why does the Colonel put tar on the fence?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)