|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Mr. Lanman brags about the two killings what happens?
(a) He has to pay a fine.
(b) He goes to jail for one night.
(d) He has to set two slaves free.
2. Who says, "I speak advisedly when I say this,--that killing a slave, or any colored person, in Talbot County, Maryland, is not treated as a crime, either by the courts or the community."
(a) Frederick Douglass.
(b) Wendell Phillips.
(c) Daniel O'Connell.
(d) William Lloyd Garrison.
3. What does Colonel Lloyd do about one of his slaves getting killed?
(a) He makes the slave master pay the cost of the slave.
(b) He does nothing and lets the incident pass.
(c) He fires the slave master.
(d) He turns the slave master in to the authorities.
4. What happens when Phillips goes to the police about issues related to slavery?
(a) The police investigate .
(b) The police put Phillips in jail.
(c) The police do nothing.
(d) The police find the wrongdoers and punish them.
5. How many slaves has Mrs. Auld owned before?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the slave master who replaced Mr. Hopkins want to do?
2. What is Douglass concerned about in Chapter One?
3. What does Colonel Lloyd own that takes five men to maintain?
4. What is Douglass irritated with his mother for?
5. How old does Douglass think he is in the First Chapter?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)