|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Douglass compare the way slaves are treated to?
(d) Uneducated people.
2. Which state does Frederick Douglass come from?
3. How old does Douglass think he is in the First Chapter?
(a) 25 or 26 years old.
(b) 27 or 28 years old.
(c) 29 or 30 years old.
(d) 20 or 21 years old.
4. While Douglass talks about slavery, what does he have flashbacks about?
(a) His first master.
(b) A friend who is a slave as a child.
(c) His first love.
(d) His family.
5. What extreme example does Douglass give in Chapter Four of what slaveholders are able to get away with?
(a) Starving slaves.
(b) Murdering slaves.
(c) Beating slaves.
(d) Overworking slaves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a main theme that Douglass uses in Chapter Three?
2. What is a teenage girl in Douglass's own family killed for?
3. Whose offices and printing presses are destroyed in the Second Preface?
4. Why does Douglas think Mr. Hopkins is replaced?
5. What is Douglass's concern symbolic for?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)