|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the father and son slave team take care of on the Colonel's farm?
(a) The pool.
(b) The cows and other farm animals.
(c) The garden.
(d) The carriages, horses, and stables.
2. While Douglass talks about slavery, what does he have flashbacks about?
(a) A friend who is a slave as a child.
(b) His family.
(c) His first love.
(d) His first master.
3. What is the female slave's name that Douglass describes being beaten by the supervisor?
(a) Aunt Hester.
(b) Arlene Henry.
(c) Ann Jester.
(d) Jan Harris.
4. What is Douglass irritated with his mother for?
(a) Not telling him who his father is.
(b) For dying.
(c) For leaving him even though he knows she could not help it.
(d) For coming to visit him, knowing she could get beaten for it.
5. What does the author of the Second Preface compare slaves to?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Douglass's first master have as a supervisor?
2. How many house servants does Colonel Lloyd have?
3. How does Mr. Lanman kill one of two slaves?
4. What happens when Phillips goes to the police about issues related to slavery?
5. Why do the slaves say kind words about their masters?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)