|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Colonel do when the slaves disrespect him?
(a) He trades them away.
(b) He withholds food.
(c) He beats them.
(d) He reduces their water supply.
2. While Douglass talks about slavery, what does he have flashbacks about?
(a) His first master.
(b) His first love.
(c) His family.
(d) A friend who is a slave as a child.
3. What does the slave master who replaced Mr. Hopkins want to do?
(a) Increase his position with Colonel Lloyd.
(b) Buy his own farm.
(c) Keep his job by not being overly noticed.
(d) Earn enough money to buy his own slaves.
4. What does Frederick Douglass say disgusts him?
(a) Slaveholders forcing themselves on slave women, then having children with them.
(b) Slave traders.
(d) Slaves being beaten .
5. Who is Slave Master Mr. Hopkins replaced with?
(a) Mr. Silas.
(b) Mr. Severe.
(c) Mr. Gore.
(d) Mr. Anthony.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Frederick Douglass's first master?
2. Who says, "It would forever unfit him to be a slave?"
3. What does Douglass realize about education in Chapter Six?
4. How many house servants does Colonel Lloyd have?
5. How many slaves has Mrs. Auld owned before?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)