|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many house servants does Colonel Lloyd have?
(a) Twenty or twenty five.
(b) Eight or ten.
(c) Five or ten.
(d) Ten or fifteen .
2. What type of writing is the second preface?
(a) An essay.
(b) A short story.
(c) A poem.
(d) A letter.
3. Phillips compares the Mississippi Valley to a story in what publication?
(a) A newspaper.
(b) A letter.
(c) The Bible.
(d) A journal.
4. Which state does Frederick Douglass come from?
5. Wendell Phillips is the son of a mayor of what city in Massachusetts?
Short Answer Questions
1. About what age is Douglass when his mother dies?
2. Who does Phillips watch being dragged off to be lynched?
3. What does the father and son slave team take care of on the Colonel's farm?
4. What does Colonel Lloyd own that takes five men to maintain?
5. What does Colonel Lloyd do about one of his slaves getting killed?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)