|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old does Douglass think he is in the First Chapter?
(a) 27 or 28 years old.
(b) 25 or 26 years old.
(c) 20 or 21 years old.
(d) 29 or 30 years old.
2. What is the competition among the slaves?
(a) Who could go without a beating for the longest.
(b) Each insists that their master is better than the other's master.
(c) The one who is yelled at the least.
(d) Who has the most food left after a week.
3. What does the author of the Second Preface compare slaves to?
4. Why does Douglas think Mr. Hopkins is replaced?
(a) He steals money.
(b) He steals liquor.
(c) He is not severe enough as a master.
(d) He is rude to Colonel Lloyd's children.
5. Who tries to help Douglass learn the alphabet?
(a) Mr. Anthony.
(b) Mrs. Lloyd .
(c) Mrs. Auld.
(d) Mr. Auld.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Slave Master Mr. Hopkins replaced with?
2. When Mr. Lanman brags about the two killings what happens?
3. What does the slave master who replaced Mr. Hopkins want to do?
4. Which relatives' names does Douglass know?
5. Why does the Colonel put tar on the fence?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)