|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many slaves has Mrs. Auld owned before?
2. What does Wendell Phillips do for a living?
(a) He is a writer.
(b) He is a publisher.
(c) He is a soldier.
(d) He is a lawyer.
3. Which state does Frederick Douglass come from?
4. What does Douglass realize about education in Chapter Six?
(a) Slaves can be educated.
(b) Learning to read will help him earn money.
(c) He is smart.
(d) Uneducated slaves can be controlled.
5. What is a main theme that Douglass uses in Chapter Three?
(a) Competition brings out the best in people.
(b) Hunger will cause people to do almost anything.
(c) Slavery makes people feel less than human.
(d) Love can come from unexpected sources.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Douglass shocked at seeing the female slave being beaten?
2. What is Douglass irritated with his mother for?
3. Whose offices and printing presses are destroyed in the Second Preface?
4. Why does Douglas think Mr. Hopkins is replaced?
5. When Mr. Lanman brags about the two killings what happens?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)