|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Douglass sleep while working on the plantation as a child?
(a) In a corn sack on the dirt floor.
(b) Under a blanket on the dirt floor.
(c) In one of the animal's stalls.
(d) In a hay stack.
2. What happens to Douglass when Master Thomas has a conflict with his brother?
(a) He is moved to Baltimore.
(b) He is beaten.
(c) He is moved to St. Michael's.
(d) He has to go work in the fields.
3. What do the slaves produce on the main farm besides tobacco and corn?
4. How long is the food that is given to the adult slaves suppose to last?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Two months.
(c) One month.
(d) One week.
5. What stays in Douglass's memory for the rest of his life?
(a) The emotional impact of babies being taken from their mothers.
(b) The emotional impact of the songs the slaves sing.
(c) The images of the slaves being beaten.
(d) The images of slaves being hung.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Colonel Edward Lloyd?
2. Who does Douglass say he will miss from his former plantation?
3. Approximately how old is Douglass when he goes back to his birth place?
4. What does Douglass describe in Chapter Five?
5. How many slaves are at the main farm?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)