|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Douglass when Master Thomas has a conflict with his brother?
(a) He is moved to St. Michael's.
(b) He is moved to Baltimore.
(c) He has to go work in the fields.
(d) He is beaten.
2. How many overseers are there for the farms that Colonel Edward Lloyd owns?
(a) There is one overseer for every three farms and one main overseer for all.
(b) There is only one overseer .
(c) There is one overseer for each farm and one main overseer for all.
(d) There are two overseers for the farms.
3. Where is the punishment of slaves and the food given out?
(a) Lloyd Family Farm.
(b) At each of the farms.
(c) Great House Farm.
(d) Lloyd Farm House.
4. Near what river is the main farm Douglass works on?
(a) Mississippi River.
(b) Maryland River.
(c) Chippewa River.
(d) Miles River.
5. In Chapter Five, why does Douglass not get treated as poorly as the other slaves?
(a) He plays with the master's children.
(b) He is too young to work in the fields.
(c) He works an extra hour a day.
(d) He is liked by the master's wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which master did the slaves know to be violent?
2. What happens to Douglass's grandmother when she gets older?
3. Who does Douglass's first master oversee?
4. What does Douglass get to eat as a child on the plantation?
5. Who is Colonel Edward Lloyd?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)