|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is ranked the same in value as the slaves?
(b) House pets.
(c) Farm animals .
2. What is Douglass happy about receiving for his trip to help one of his master's relatives?
(a) A new shirt.
(b) A hair cut.
(c) A pair of shoes.
(d) His first pair of pants.
3. What do the slaves produce on the main farm besides tobacco and corn?
4. What is the job that Douglass performs for Daniel when he goes hunting?
(a) He retrieves the birds.
(b) He chases squirrels up trees.
(c) He does bird calls.
(d) He flushes out the birds.
5. What happens to Douglass when Master Thomas has a conflict with his brother?
(a) He has to go work in the fields.
(b) He is moved to St. Michael's.
(c) He is moved to Baltimore.
(d) He is beaten.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many shirts does each working slave get for a year?
2. In what time period of his life does Douglass's detailed descriptions in Chapter Two take place?
3. Near what river is the main farm Douglass works on?
4. According to Douglass, what do the slaves strive for?
5. What is the name of the overseer for the main farm house?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)