|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the plantation owner where Douglass is treated better than other slaves?
(c) Lloyd .
2. What does Douglass describe in detail in Chapter Two?
(a) His first masters and the farms he lives on.
(b) His mother and her parents.
(c) His aunts and uncles.
(d) His brother and sisters.
3. Where does Douglass sleep while working on the plantation as a child?
(a) In one of the animal's stalls.
(b) Under a blanket on the dirt floor.
(c) In a corn sack on the dirt floor.
(d) In a hay stack.
4. Who is Colonel Edward Lloyd?
(a) A slaveholder.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A Civil War soldier.
(d) A doctor.
5. What is the name of the main farm house that Colonel Edward Lloyd owns?
(a) Lloyd Family Farm.
(b) Farm House of Lloyd.
(c) Great House Farm.
(d) Lloyd Farm House.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Douglass have to go back to his birth place?
2. According to Douglass, what do the slaves strive for?
3. In what time period of his life does Douglass's detailed descriptions in Chapter Two take place?
4. What causes Douglass to hate the slaveholders even more than usual?
5. Where is Douglass sent to live in order to help a relative of his master?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)