|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Near what river is the main farm Douglass works on?
(a) Maryland River.
(b) Miles River.
(c) Mississippi River.
(d) Chippewa River.
2. Where does Douglass sleep while working on the plantation as a child?
(a) Under a blanket on the dirt floor.
(b) In a corn sack on the dirt floor.
(c) In one of the animal's stalls.
(d) In a hay stack.
3. In Chapter Five, why does Douglass not get treated as poorly as the other slaves?
(a) He works an extra hour a day.
(b) He is too young to work in the fields.
(c) He is liked by the master's wife.
(d) He plays with the master's children.
4. How many farms does Colonel Edward Lloyd own?
(a) More than thirty.
(c) More than twenty.
(d) More than ten.
5. What causes Douglass to hate the slaveholders even more than usual?
(a) They take all his books away.
(b) Passing slaves to others without any gratitude for their years of service.
(c) They trade him for a horse.
(d) Deciding to give their slave less food than usual for working slowly.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Douglass, what do the slaves strive for?
2. Who is Whittier?
3. Who does Douglass's first master oversee?
4. What does Douglass describe in Chapter Five?
5. What is Douglass happy about receiving for his trip to help one of his master's relatives?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)