|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Douglass sleep while working on the plantation as a child?
(a) In one of the animal's stalls.
(b) Under a blanket on the dirt floor.
(c) In a hay stack.
(d) In a corn sack on the dirt floor.
2. What do the slaves produce on the main farm besides tobacco and corn?
3. What does Douglass describe in detail in Chapter Two?
(a) His first masters and the farms he lives on.
(b) His aunts and uncles.
(c) His brother and sisters.
(d) His mother and her parents.
4. In Chapter Five, why does Douglass not get treated as poorly as the other slaves?
(a) He works an extra hour a day.
(b) He is too young to work in the fields.
(c) He is liked by the master's wife.
(d) He plays with the master's children.
5. What is the name of the overseer for the main farm house?
(a) Captain O'Connel.
(b) Captain Anthony.
(c) Captain Jack.
(d) Colonel Edward Lloyd.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Whittier?
2. In what time period of his life does Douglass's detailed descriptions in Chapter Two take place?
3. What does Douglass think will help him to become a free slave?
4. What is Douglass most upset about by the end of Chapter Eight?
5. How many farms does Colonel Edward Lloyd own?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)