|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Douglass most upset about by the end of Chapter Eight?
(a) That his grandmother is mistreated.
(b) He has to go work in the fields.
(c) That his first slaveholder doesn't put him in his will.
(d) He still has not tried to escape.
2. According to Douglass, what do the slaves strive for?
(a) To be the head slave.
(b) To get an additional blanket.
(c) To work at the main farm.
(d) To get extra food.
3. What does Douglass get to eat as a child on the plantation?
(a) Table scraps.
4. What plan does Douglass decide not to give up on by the end of Chapter Eight?
(a) To learn to read.
(b) To learn to write.
(c) To be free.
(d) To help his grandmother.
5. Who is Whittier?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A poet.
(d) A slaveholder.
Short Answer Questions
1. What brings tears to Douglass's eyes?
2. What is the job that Douglass performs for Daniel when he goes hunting?
3. What happens to Douglass when Master Thomas has a conflict with his brother?
4. Near what river is the main farm Douglass works on?
5. What causes Douglass to hate the slaveholders even more than usual?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)