|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is ranked the same in value as the slaves?
(b) House pets.
(c) Farm animals .
2. What causes Douglass to hate the slaveholders even more than usual?
(a) They take all his books away.
(b) They trade him for a horse.
(c) Deciding to give their slave less food than usual for working slowly.
(d) Passing slaves to others without any gratitude for their years of service.
3. What is Douglass most upset about by the end of Chapter Eight?
(a) That his first slaveholder doesn't put him in his will.
(b) That his grandmother is mistreated.
(c) He still has not tried to escape.
(d) He has to go work in the fields.
4. Which master did the slaves know to be violent?
(a) Master Lloyd.
(b) Master Thomas.
(c) Master Andrew.
(d) Master Garrison.
5. Who is Whittier?
(a) A poet.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A slaveholder.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Douglass describe in detail in Chapter Two?
2. What is the name of the overseer who Douglass describes as cursing all day and whose death was seen as a blessing?
3. Who is Colonel Edward Lloyd?
4. In what time period of his life does Douglass's detailed descriptions in Chapter Two take place?
5. What is the job that Douglass performs for Daniel when he goes hunting?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)