|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the main farm house that Colonel Edward Lloyd owns?
(a) Great House Farm.
(b) Lloyd Farm House.
(c) Farm House of Lloyd.
(d) Lloyd Family Farm.
2. In Chapter Five, why does Douglass not get treated as poorly as the other slaves?
(a) He works an extra hour a day.
(b) He is liked by the master's wife.
(c) He plays with the master's children.
(d) He is too young to work in the fields.
3. Why does Douglass have to go back to his birth place?
(a) His first master is mad with his current owners.
(b) His first master dies and has no will.
(c) His first master wants him to go with his son.
(d) He gets in trouble .
4. Why does Douglass like the job he does for Daniel?
(a) He gets food.
(b) He gets to sleep later the next day.
(c) He gets extra water.
(d) He doesn't have to work as hard.
5. What happens to Douglass's grandmother when she gets older?
(a) She is freed.
(b) She is allowed to go and take Douglass with her.
(c) She continues to care for her master.
(d) She has to move to a mud hut in the woods.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the overseer for the main farm house?
2. In what time period of his life does Douglass's detailed descriptions in Chapter Two take place?
3. Which master did the slaves know to be violent?
4. What does Douglass describe in Chapter Five?
5. What stays in Douglass's memory for the rest of his life?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)