|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the overseer for the main farm house?
(a) Captain O'Connel.
(b) Colonel Edward Lloyd.
(c) Captain Anthony.
(d) Captain Jack.
2. How many shirts does each working slave get for a year?
3. How many overseers are there for the farms that Colonel Edward Lloyd owns?
(a) There is one overseer for each farm and one main overseer for all.
(b) There are two overseers for the farms.
(c) There is only one overseer .
(d) There is one overseer for every three farms and one main overseer for all.
4. What is the name of the plantation owner where Douglass is treated better than other slaves?
(d) Lloyd .
5. Who is Whittier?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A poet.
(d) A slaveholder.
Short Answer Questions
1. What brings tears to Douglass's eyes?
2. Which master did the slaves know to be violent?
3. How many slaves are at the main farm?
4. Who does Douglass's first master oversee?
5. What plan does Douglass decide not to give up on by the end of Chapter Eight?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)