|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Douglass happy about receiving for his trip to help one of his master's relatives?
(a) A pair of shoes.
(b) A new shirt.
(c) His first pair of pants.
(d) A hair cut.
2. Who does Douglass say he will miss from his former plantation?
(b) No one.
(c) Master Daniel.
(d) Master Garrison.
3. Where does Douglass sleep while working on the plantation as a child?
(a) In one of the animal's stalls.
(b) In a corn sack on the dirt floor.
(c) In a hay stack.
(d) Under a blanket on the dirt floor.
4. How many slaves are at the main farm?
(a) Four or five hundred.
(b) Thirty or forty.
(c) Ten or twenty.
(d) Three or four hundred.
5. In what time period of his life does Douglass's detailed descriptions in Chapter Two take place?
(a) Two years of his childhood.
(b) When he meets his first love.
(c) His teenage years.
(d) His twenties.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Douglass describe in detail in Chapter Two?
2. How many shirts does each working slave get for a year?
3. What is the name of the plantation owner where Douglass is treated better than other slaves?
4. Which master did the slaves know to be violent?
5. What stays in Douglass's memory for the rest of his life?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)