|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Douglass like the job he does for Daniel?
(a) He gets extra water.
(b) He doesn't have to work as hard.
(c) He gets to sleep later the next day.
(d) He gets food.
2. What happens to Douglass when Master Thomas has a conflict with his brother?
(a) He is moved to Baltimore.
(b) He has to go work in the fields.
(c) He is beaten.
(d) He is moved to St. Michael's.
3. How long is the food that is given to the adult slaves suppose to last?
(a) Two months.
(b) One month.
(c) One week.
(d) Two weeks.
4. What brings tears to Douglass's eyes?
(a) The emotional impact of babies being taken from their mothers.
(b) The images of the slaves being beaten.
(c) The memory of slaves singing.
(d) The images of slaves being hung.
5. What is the job that Douglass performs for Daniel when he goes hunting?
(a) He does bird calls.
(b) He chases squirrels up trees.
(c) He retrieves the birds.
(d) He flushes out the birds.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many slaves are at the main farm?
2. Which master did the slaves know to be violent?
3. Who is Whittier?
4. What is the name of the main farm house that Colonel Edward Lloyd owns?
5. Near what river is the main farm Douglass works on?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)