|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Douglass when Master Thomas has a conflict with his brother?
(a) He is moved to St. Michael's.
(b) He is moved to Baltimore.
(c) He has to go work in the fields.
(d) He is beaten.
2. Why does Douglass have to go back to his birth place?
(a) He gets in trouble .
(b) His first master dies and has no will.
(c) His first master wants him to go with his son.
(d) His first master is mad with his current owners.
3. What does Douglass think will help him to become a free slave?
(a) Moving to live with his master's relative.
(b) God's spirit living in him.
(c) Doing what he's told.
(d) The kindness of his master.
4. How many slaves are at the main farm?
(a) Three or four hundred.
(b) Ten or twenty.
(c) Four or five hundred.
(d) Thirty or forty.
5. How many farms does Colonel Edward Lloyd own?
(a) More than thirty.
(c) More than twenty.
(d) More than ten.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Douglass's grandmother when she gets older?
2. What causes Douglass to hate the slaveholders even more than usual?
3. In Chapter Five, why does Douglass not get treated as poorly as the other slaves?
4. What brings tears to Douglass's eyes?
5. Where does Douglass sleep while working on the plantation as a child?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)