|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Douglass sleep while working on the plantation as a child?
(a) In one of the animal's stalls.
(b) In a corn sack on the dirt floor.
(c) Under a blanket on the dirt floor.
(d) In a hay stack.
2. What does Douglass describe in detail in Chapter Two?
(a) His aunts and uncles.
(b) His mother and her parents.
(c) His first masters and the farms he lives on.
(d) His brother and sisters.
3. Who does Douglass's first master oversee?
(a) Three of the overseers.
(b) Most of the overseers.
(c) Two of the overseers.
(d) All of the overseers.
4. What happens to Douglass when Master Thomas has a conflict with his brother?
(a) He is moved to Baltimore.
(b) He is beaten.
(c) He is moved to St. Michael's.
(d) He has to go work in the fields.
5. What stays in Douglass's memory for the rest of his life?
(a) The images of slaves being hung.
(b) The emotional impact of the songs the slaves sing.
(c) The images of the slaves being beaten.
(d) The emotional impact of babies being taken from their mothers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Near what river is the main farm Douglass works on?
2. Who is Whittier?
3. How many farms does Colonel Edward Lloyd own?
4. How long is the food that is given to the adult slaves suppose to last?
5. Where is Douglass sent to live in order to help a relative of his master?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)