|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Douglass happy about receiving for his trip to help one of his master's relatives?
(a) A hair cut.
(b) A new shirt.
(c) A pair of shoes.
(d) His first pair of pants.
2. How long is the food that is given to the adult slaves suppose to last?
(a) One month.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Two months.
(d) One week.
3. How many slaves are at the main farm?
(a) Thirty or forty.
(b) Ten or twenty.
(c) Four or five hundred.
(d) Three or four hundred.
4. Who is Colonel Edward Lloyd?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A slaveholder.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A Civil War soldier.
5. What does Douglass think will help him to become a free slave?
(a) God's spirit living in him.
(b) The kindness of his master.
(c) Doing what he's told.
(d) Moving to live with his master's relative.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Douglass's grandmother when she gets older?
2. Where does Douglass sleep while working on the plantation as a child?
3. According to Douglass, what do the slaves strive for?
4. What brings tears to Douglass's eyes?
5. In Chapter Five, why does Douglass not get treated as poorly as the other slaves?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)