|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Douglass sent to live in order to help a relative of his master?
(b) To a nearby farm.
2. Where does Douglass sleep while working on the plantation as a child?
(a) In a hay stack.
(b) Under a blanket on the dirt floor.
(c) In a corn sack on the dirt floor.
(d) In one of the animal's stalls.
3. How many slaves are at the main farm?
(a) Three or four hundred.
(b) Thirty or forty.
(c) Ten or twenty.
(d) Four or five hundred.
4. What is ranked the same in value as the slaves?
(b) Farm animals .
(d) House pets.
5. How many shirts does each working slave get for a year?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Douglass most upset about by the end of Chapter Eight?
2. What is the name of the main farm house that Colonel Edward Lloyd owns?
3. According to Douglass, what do the slaves strive for?
4. Near what river is the main farm Douglass works on?
5. What is the name of the overseer who Douglass describes as cursing all day and whose death was seen as a blessing?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)