|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Douglass describe in Chapter Five?
(a) How he is treated as a slave.
(b) How slaves are traded.
(c) How slaves are punished.
(d) Relationships of slaves.
2. What is Douglass happy about receiving for his trip to help one of his master's relatives?
(a) A pair of shoes.
(b) His first pair of pants.
(c) A hair cut.
(d) A new shirt.
3. What happens to Douglass's grandmother when she gets older?
(a) She continues to care for her master.
(b) She is allowed to go and take Douglass with her.
(c) She has to move to a mud hut in the woods.
(d) She is freed.
4. Where is Douglass sent to live in order to help a relative of his master?
(c) To a nearby farm.
5. What is the name of the overseer for the main farm house?
(a) Captain Jack.
(b) Captain O'Connel.
(c) Captain Anthony.
(d) Colonel Edward Lloyd.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which master did the slaves know to be violent?
2. Where does Douglass sleep while working on the plantation as a child?
3. What do the slaves produce on the main farm besides tobacco and corn?
4. What happens to Douglass when Master Thomas has a conflict with his brother?
5. What does Douglass think will help him to become a free slave?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)