|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the overseer for the main farm house?
(a) Colonel Edward Lloyd.
(b) Captain O'Connel.
(c) Captain Jack.
(d) Captain Anthony.
2. What does Douglass describe in Chapter Five?
(a) How he is treated as a slave.
(b) Relationships of slaves.
(c) How slaves are punished.
(d) How slaves are traded.
3. Who is Colonel Edward Lloyd?
(a) A slaveholder.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A Civil War soldier.
4. Who does Douglass's first master oversee?
(a) All of the overseers.
(b) Two of the overseers.
(c) Most of the overseers.
(d) Three of the overseers.
5. How long is the food that is given to the adult slaves suppose to last?
(a) One week.
(b) One month.
(c) Two months.
(d) Two weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who became an abusive alcoholic?
2. How many overseers are there for the farms that Colonel Edward Lloyd owns?
3. What is the name of the plantation owner where Douglass is treated better than other slaves?
4. Which master did the slaves know to be violent?
5. Where is the punishment of slaves and the food given out?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)