|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Near what river is the main farm Douglass works on?
(a) Mississippi River.
(b) Chippewa River.
(c) Maryland River.
(d) Miles River.
2. What happens to Douglass after he is given to Mrs. Lucretia?
(a) He's sent back to the plantation he just came from.
(b) She gives him to Master Andrew.
(c) He moves with her to North Carolina.
(d) He moves with her to South Carolina.
3. What is ranked the same in value as the slaves?
(a) House pets.
(b) Farm animals .
4. What does Douglass describe in detail in Chapter Two?
(a) His brother and sisters.
(b) His mother and her parents.
(c) His first masters and the farms he lives on.
(d) His aunts and uncles.
5. What stays in Douglass's memory for the rest of his life?
(a) The emotional impact of the songs the slaves sing.
(b) The emotional impact of babies being taken from their mothers.
(c) The images of the slaves being beaten.
(d) The images of slaves being hung.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Douglass have to go back to his birth place?
2. What is the name of the plantation owner where Douglass is treated better than other slaves?
3. Where is the punishment of slaves and the food given out?
4. Who does Douglass say he will miss from his former plantation?
5. What happens to Douglass's grandmother when she gets older?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)