|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the overseer for the main farm house?
(a) Colonel Edward Lloyd.
(b) Captain Jack.
(c) Captain O'Connel.
(d) Captain Anthony.
2. What brings tears to Douglass's eyes?
(a) The emotional impact of babies being taken from their mothers.
(b) The images of slaves being hung.
(c) The memory of slaves singing.
(d) The images of the slaves being beaten.
3. Who does Douglass have to fight with to get his daily food?
(b) All the slaves.
(c) Other slave children.
4. Near what river is the main farm Douglass works on?
(a) Mississippi River.
(b) Chippewa River.
(c) Miles River.
(d) Maryland River.
5. How many shirts does each working slave get for a year?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Douglass after he is given to Mrs. Lucretia?
2. What does Douglass get to eat as a child on the plantation?
3. In Chapter Five, why does Douglass not get treated as poorly as the other slaves?
4. Where is Douglass sent to live in order to help a relative of his master?
5. Who does Douglass say he will miss from his former plantation?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)