|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is ranked the same in value as the slaves?
(c) House pets.
(d) Farm animals .
2. What happens to Douglass after he is given to Mrs. Lucretia?
(a) He's sent back to the plantation he just came from.
(b) She gives him to Master Andrew.
(c) He moves with her to South Carolina.
(d) He moves with her to North Carolina.
3. What does Douglass think will help him to become a free slave?
(a) God's spirit living in him.
(b) Doing what he's told.
(c) Moving to live with his master's relative.
(d) The kindness of his master.
4. What does Douglass describe in detail in Chapter Two?
(a) His aunts and uncles.
(b) His mother and her parents.
(c) His first masters and the farms he lives on.
(d) His brother and sisters.
5. Who became an abusive alcoholic?
(a) Master Hugh.
(b) Master Thomas.
(c) Master Lloyd.
(d) Master Andrew.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which master did the slaves know to be violent?
2. Where is Douglass sent to live in order to help a relative of his master?
3. What is the name of the overseer for the main farm house?
4. Why does Douglass have to go back to his birth place?
5. How many slaves are at the main farm?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)