|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the overseer who Douglass describes as cursing all day and whose death was seen as a blessing?
(a) Mr. Hopkins.
(b) Mr. Anthony.
(c) Mr. Lloyd.
(d) Mr. Severe.
2. According to Douglass, what do the slaves strive for?
(a) To be the head slave.
(b) To get extra food.
(c) To get an additional blanket.
(d) To work at the main farm.
3. How many slaves are at the main farm?
(a) Four or five hundred.
(b) Ten or twenty.
(c) Thirty or forty.
(d) Three or four hundred.
4. What stays in Douglass's memory for the rest of his life?
(a) The images of slaves being hung.
(b) The emotional impact of babies being taken from their mothers.
(c) The images of the slaves being beaten.
(d) The emotional impact of the songs the slaves sing.
5. What does Douglass get to eat as a child on the plantation?
(a) Table scraps.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Douglass's grandmother when she gets older?
2. What is the name of the main farm house that Colonel Edward Lloyd owns?
3. Approximately how old is Douglass when he goes back to his birth place?
4. Which master did the slaves know to be violent?
5. In what time period of his life does Douglass's detailed descriptions in Chapter Two take place?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)