|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the job that Douglass performs for Daniel when he goes hunting?
(a) He chases squirrels up trees.
(b) He flushes out the birds.
(c) He does bird calls.
(d) He retrieves the birds.
2. What happens to Douglass after he is given to Mrs. Lucretia?
(a) He moves with her to North Carolina.
(b) She gives him to Master Andrew.
(c) He moves with her to South Carolina.
(d) He's sent back to the plantation he just came from.
3. What is the name of the overseer who Douglass describes as cursing all day and whose death was seen as a blessing?
(a) Mr. Lloyd.
(b) Mr. Anthony.
(c) Mr. Hopkins.
(d) Mr. Severe.
4. Who is Colonel Edward Lloyd?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A Civil War soldier.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A slaveholder.
5. What is ranked the same in value as the slaves?
(a) Farm animals .
(d) House pets.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Douglass most upset about by the end of Chapter Eight?
2. Near what river is the main farm Douglass works on?
3. What causes Douglass to hate the slaveholders even more than usual?
4. How many slaves are at the main farm?
5. What is the name of the plantation owner where Douglass is treated better than other slaves?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)