Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Franny believe is the worst culprit in this game of hypocrisy?
2. What is Franny's dream about?
3. What does Zooey believe Franny is using the prayer for?
4. When Zooey leaves Franny, what state is she in?
5. The book that Zooey suggests Bessie read is called what?
How does Franny outwardly conform while questioning inward? Write an essay in which you analyze how this tension between outward conformity and inward questioning contributes to the meaning of the work.
Minor characters often have a significant effect on the protagonist of a novel, especially if the minor character is an antagonist. Describe how Les is an antagonist in the story and in a well-organized essay show the significance of this character to the protagonist.
At the end of the novel. Zooey makes a phone call to Franny. The call is ironic because Zooey pretends to be someone that he is not. The irony culminates the theme of phoniness in the novel. In a well-organized essay, explain how the phone call is ironic and how it culminates the theme of phoniness.
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)