Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Franny believe is the worst culprit in this game of hypocrisy?
2. What is Franny's dream about?
3. What does Zooey believe Franny is using the prayer for?
4. When Zooey leaves Franny, what state is she in?
5. The book that Zooey suggests Bessie read is called what?
Essay Topic 1
Setting is crucial to any story as to the development of a character. Salinger sets the bulk of the story of Franny and Zooey in the bathroom. What does the setting of the bathroom do to drive the characters of Bessie and Zooey? What does it say about each of them individually? What does it say about their relationship to each other?
Essay Topic 2
Bessie is a complex character. In a well-organized essay explain how she is such a character and how her character influences the decisions that her children have made. Use quotes and examples. Avoid plot summary.
Essay Topic 3
Why does Franny become so obsessed with the book The Way of the Pilgrim? What does the obsession say about her character? As you write, be sure to use such literary terms as round, flat, static, and/or dynamic.
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)