|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Zooey doing as he tells Bessie the tale of the pilgrim?
(a) He is brushing his teeth.
(b) He is shaving.
(c) He is filing his nails.
(d) He is bathing.
2. What does Zooey say that he and Franny are?
3. What does Zooey believe Franny is using the prayer for?
(a) To cleanse her of her sins.
(b) To get better grades in school.
(c) To make the mean, bad people in her world go away.
(d) To become a better actress.
4. All of the following describe the Glass living room except which one?
(a) It is lined with bookshelves.
(b) It is stuffed with furnishings.
(c) It is dark and gloomy.
(d) The walls are covered with documents.
5. After Zooey upsets Franny, what is she trying to get him to do?
(a) Feed her.
(b) Shut up.
(c) Feed the fish.
(d) Leave the room.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Franny describe Zooey to Buddy on the phone?
2. Why doesn't Zooey want to get married?
3. What does Zooey shout at his mother as she leaves the bathroom?
4. Bessie says that when the children were young, they were what?
5. What can't Zooey find in the bathroom?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)