|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Franny fill the entire blackboard with?
(a) Love poems.
(b) Information about Epictetus.
(c) Mathematical equations.
(d) Song lyrics.
2. Why did Seymour tell Zooey to shine his shoes for the radio show?
(a) It was required.
(b) Seymour liked shiny shoes.
(c) He was teaching Zooey to always do and look his best.
(d) His father always did it.
3. What does Franny say that she and Zooey have in common?
(a) They are both bothered about things and can't keep quiet about it.
(b) Their ideas about religion.
(d) Their ideas about acting.
4. What did Seymour use as a motivation for both Buddy and Franny?
(a) A thought of their mother.
(b) A thought of a famous actor.
(c) A thought of Jesus.
(d) A thought of the Fat Lady.
5. How does Zooey describe Jesus?
(a) As the most intelligent man in the Bible.
(b) As a teacher.
(c) As warm.
(d) As a great prophet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are chakras?
2. Zooey tells Franny that she should stop her behavior for what reason?
3. What kind of a skull does Zooey want when he is dead?
4. What poet does Franny love?
5. What is Franny's dream about?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Zooey and Franny become freaks in Zooey's eyes?
2. Once Zooey arrives at Buddy's phone, he puts himself in "the ready position." What is he readying himself for?
3. What is the difference between knowledge and wisdom according to Franny?
4. Zooey attempts to get through to Franny on many levels. One of them is as a daughter. How so?
5. Explain in detail the significance of the Fat Lady.
6. What does the setting of Buddy and Seymour's bedroom say about their characters?
7. Has Franny resolved her inner conflict by the end of the story?
8. What does the setting of the Glasses' living room say about the character of Bessie?
9. How does the phone call redeem Zooey?
10. Why does Salinger include Bloomberg in the scene between Franny and Zooey?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)