|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Lane and Bessie believe is the reason for Franny's troubles?
(a) The play that she quit.
(b) A liitle book about a pilgrim.
(c) Her crazy family.
(d) Her relationship with Lane.
2. What does Franny worry about in her search for the prayer?
(a) That wanting it may make her crazy.
(b) That wanting it may not be enough to find it.
(c) That wanting it makes her no different than those who want material things.
(d) That wanting it will separate her from those she loves.
3. Where is the phone that Franny answers?
(a) In the living room.
(b) In Buddy's room.
(c) In her mother's bedroom.
(d) In the bathroom.
4. What is the name of the second book in the series that Franny is reading?
(a) "The Pilgrim Goes to Russia."
(b) "The Pilgrim Finds Salvation."
(c) "The Pilgrim Continues His Way."
(d) "The Pilgrim Goes to Heaven."
5. What did Zooey say that made Franny realize she wasn't talking to Buddy?
(a) He said that Zooey did not know what he was talking about.
(b) He said that Zooey was destructive.
(c) He said that Zooey was a lunatic.
(d) He explained why Zooey smokes cigars.
Short Answer Questions
1. Zooey says that people who use their egos to get ahead cannot possibly have what?
2. How does Zooey treat Hess when Hess offers him a new script?
3. Besides furniture, what is Buddy's room filled with?
4. After Zooey tells Bessie the story of the pilgrim, how does Bessie react?
5. What does Franny say that she and Zooey have in common?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)