|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In a discussion with Zooey, who does Bessie say that Franny should talk to?
(a) Franny's brother Waker, the priest.
(b) Bishop Pinchot
(c) Franny's brother Seymour.
(d) Franny's brother Buddy.
2. Zooey tells Franny that she should stop her behavior for what reason?
(a) It is pointless.
(b) She is being ridiculous.
(c) She has no need for prayer.
(d) It is not fair to Bessie and Les.
3. Why does Zooey believe that the prayer will never work for Franny?
(a) She is too shallow.
(b) She believes that even Jesus should be perfect.
(c) She doesn't believe in Jesus.
(d) She doesn't follow through with things she chooses to do.
4. Besides furniture, what is Buddy's room filled with?
(c) Sporting equipment.
5. What is it that Franny expresses that she is so bothered by?
(a) The falseness of intelligent people.
(b) The falseness of praying.
(c) The stupidity of attending college.
(d) People's lack of caring.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Franny's dream about?
2. What does Zooey tell Franny he did with Jesus when Zooey was eight-years-old?
3. What has Zooey been saying at every meal for years?
4. Who does Zooey say that Franny should act for?
5. What does Zooey say is odd about Franny's breakdown?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)