|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lane tells Franny that it has been a month since they last did what?
(a) Slept together.
(b) Drank together.
(d) Visited their families.
2. What time of year is it?
3. What did Seymour tell Buddy was his "wooden leg"?
(d) Kind heartedness.
4. What is the name of the television show that the Glass children acted in?
(a) "Precocious Children."
(b) "Wise Ones."
(c) "It's A Wise Child."
(d) "Questions for Wise Children."
5. When Bessie leaves the bathroom, what does she tell Zooey to do?
(b) Wash his hair.
(c) Get out to the bathtub.
(d) Use the bathmat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Zooey do after Bessie leaves the bathroom?
2. Why doesn't Buddy go home after Seymour's funeral?
3. What has really set Franny on a path of self-destruction?
4. For lunch, what does Franny order?
5. What does Les want to give Franny to make things better for her?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Zooey and Buddy handle the suicide of Seymour?
2. Zooey is described as being beautiful. Why did Salinger create him that way?
3. Once Zooey arrives at Buddy's phone, he puts himself in "the ready position." What is he readying himself for?
4. What does Franny explain to Lane about competing?
5. What theme of the novel is suggested by the quotations on the door of Buddy and Seymour's bedroom?
6. What is Zooey's opinion of psychoanalysts and Franny?
7. What are the main topics that Buddy writes to Zooey about?
8. How did Zooey and Franny become freaks in Zooey's eyes?
9. Zooey finally confronts Franny about the Jesus prayer. He points out she is being hypocritical. How so?
10. Why is it so odd that the curtains have been removed from the living room?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)