|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Franny tell Lane happens to a person who repeats God's name incessantly?
(a) The person dies.
(b) That person gets to see God.
(d) The person has heart trouble.
2. What does Franny want to eat that upsets Bessie so much?
(b) Grilled cheese.
(d) A cheeseburger.
3. What is happening to Franny's forehead while she is having lunch with Lane?
(a) It is perspiring.
(b) It is filled with anxiety.
(c) It is wrinkled.
(d) It is bleeding.
4. Lane tells Franny that it has been a month since they last did what?
(a) Drank together.
(c) Slept together.
(d) Visited their families.
5. How long passes before Buddy returns home after Seymour's funeral?
(a) Five years.
(b) Six months.
(c) One year.
(d) Ten years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where will Franny be staying during her visit?
2. What year is it when Zooey and Bessie are talking in the bathroom?
3. In diagnosing herself, Franny claims that her problem involves all of the below answers EXCEPT which one?
4. Why don't Franny and Lane have dessert?
5. What does Franny wish was underneath her chair?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the idea behind the Jesus prayer as explained by Franny to Lane?
2. After Franny leaves for the restroom, Lane evaluates his situation. What does he discover, and what does it say about his relationship with Franny?
3. When Franny tells Lane that she believes she is going crazy, do you feel that she is serious?
4. What are the main topics that Buddy writes to Zooey about?
5. Why does Salinger take the time to list the many items in the medicine cabinet?
6. Why does Franny dislike Wally Campbell?
7. What does Franny explain to Lane about competing?
8. How does the concept of the Glass children being on the radio show add to the depth of the story?
9. What themes are brought up by Buddy's letter?
10. Franny calls Lane a "section man." What is a section man and what does she mean by it?
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)