|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Franny excuse herself to at SIcklers?
(a) The table where the girls are that she will stay with.
(b) The bar.
(d) The bathroom.
2. What does Franny want to eat that upsets Bessie so much?
(a) A cheeseburger.
(b) Grilled cheese.
3. When the pilgrim first begins saying the prayer, what is he using?
(a) His mind.
(b) His lips only.
(c) His heart.
(d) His heart and his lips.
4. How does Lane feel after Franny leaves the lunch table?
(a) Happy she is gone.
(b) The weekend is not looking good.
5. The pilgrim in the book that Franny has been reading is searching for what?
(a) A way to pray incessantly.
(c) A better life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Waker say of the way Zooey handled the loss of Seymour?
2. Where are the two meeting?
3. What was being taken out of the body of the lovely woman in the story told on the plane?
4. Why don't Franny and Lane have dessert?
5. What does Bessie say about her children when the chips are down?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the main topics that Buddy writes to Zooey about?
2. What themes are brought up by Buddy's letter?
3. What does Franny explain to Lane about competing?
4. Zooey is described as being beautiful. Why did Salinger create him that way?
5. Why is Lane angry that he received an "A" on his paper?
6. Why is the reader told that the restaurant is for intellectual types.
7. How does the concept of the Glass children being on the radio show add to the depth of the story?
8. Through Bessie's dialogue, the reader can infer why Buddy does not own a phone. Why is that?
9. Why does Zooey place the letter on the edge of the tub and play with it?
10. After Franny leaves for the restroom, Lane evaluates his situation. What does he discover, and what does it say about his relationship with Franny?
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)