|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the television show that the Glass children acted in?
(a) "It's A Wise Child."
(b) "Wise Ones."
(c) "Precocious Children."
(d) "Questions for Wise Children."
2. In the book that Franny is reading, after the pilgrim learns what he is seeking, what does he do next?
(a) He dies and goes to heaven.
(b) He converts everyone in his home town.
(c) He builds a church.
(d) He travels all over Russia.
3. What did Seymour tell Buddy was his "wooden leg"?
(c) Kind heartedness.
4. Where do Bessie and Zooey have their long conversation?
(a) In Zooey's bedroom.
(b) At the dinner table.
(c) In the bathroom.
(d) In the living room.
5. What is happening to Franny's forehead while she is having lunch with Lane?
(a) It is filled with anxiety.
(b) It is wrinkled.
(c) It is bleeding.
(d) It is perspiring.
Short Answer Questions
1. What made Buddy want to write to Zooey?
2. Buddy tells Zooey that if Zooey performs beautifully on stage, Buddy do will do what?
3. What does Franny tell Lane about the letter?
4. What should poets leave behind according to Franny?
5. What was being taken out of the body of the lovely woman in the story told on the plane?
Short Essay Questions
1. What might the reason be for Franny breaking down in the bathroom instead of with the boy she claims to love.
2. How does the phone call redeem Zooey?
3. What theme of the novel is suggested by the quotations on the door of Buddy and Seymour's bedroom?
4. Describe the Glass's living room.
5. Why does Franny dislike Wally Campbell?
6. What kind of a character is Lane?
7. What is Zooey's opinion of psychoanalysts and Franny?
8. What metaphor does Salinger use to show how badly Franny received what Zooey had to say concerning the Jesus prayer?
9. When the reader first meets Franny, she seems flighty. How so?
10. Zooey lashes out at Bessie over Bessie's concern for Franny's lack of appetite. What is it that Zooey tells Bessie she is missing by worrying over food?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)