|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. All of the following describe the Glass living room except which one?
(a) It is lined with bookshelves.
(b) The walls are covered with documents.
(c) It is stuffed with furnishings.
(d) It is dark and gloomy.
2. What are the last words Zooey speaks to Franny before leaving the room?
(a) "Call Buddy."
(b) "I'm sorry."
(d) "Get over it."
3. Why doesn't Zooey want to leave New York?
(a) His family is in NY.
(b) He hates every other city.
(c) He is afraid to travel.
(d) It is his hometown.
4. Who is Zooey afraid Franny's crusade will hurt?
(b) Franny's college friends.
(d) A wonderful college professor of Zooey's.
5. Besides furniture, what is Buddy's room filled with?
(c) Sporting equipment.
6. Why does Franny believe that Professor Tupper detests her?
(a) She never smiles at him when he is being charming.
(b) She does not agree with his religious beliefs.
(c) She told him he has no enthusiasm.
(d) She only attends class occasionally.
7. What are chakras?
(b) People who pray.
(c) Musical instruments.
(d) The seven subtle centers in the body.
8. What does Franny fill the entire blackboard with?
(a) Love poems.
(b) Mathematical equations.
(c) Song lyrics.
(d) Information about Epictetus.
9. Zooey tells Bessie that living a religious life takes what?
(a) A good priest.
(b) Time and dedication.
(c) A strong church.
10. Where is the phone that Franny answers?
(a) In Buddy's room.
(b) In the living room.
(c) In the bathroom.
(d) In her mother's bedroom.
11. How does Franny describe Zooey to Buddy on the phone?
(a) She says he is mean.
(b) She says he is helpful.
(c) She says he is happy.
(d) She says he is bitter.
12. After Zooey upsets Franny, what is she trying to get him to do?
(a) Feed her.
(b) Shut up.
(c) Feed the fish.
(d) Leave the room.
13. What does Franny do at the end of the phone call?
(a) She goes back to the couch to sleep soundly.
(b) She goes to the kitchen for chicken broth.
(c) She sleeps comfortably in her mother's bed.
(d) She goes back to the couch in tears.
14. What does Zooey do in Buddy's room?
(a) He reads his script.
(b) He makes a phone call.
(c) He writes a letter.
(d) He changes his shirt.
15. The book that Zooey suggests Bessie read is called what?
(a) "God Is My Hobby."
(b) "God Is My Friend."
(c) "You and God."
(d) "God's Prayer."
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it that Franny expresses that she is so bothered by?
2. What does Zooey believe Franny is using the prayer for?
3. What does Zooey say that he and Franny are?
4. What is the name of the second book in the series that Franny is reading?
5. Zooey says that when one first begins the prayer, one should do what, as told in the pilgrim's tale?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)