|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Zooey shout at his mother as she leaves the bathroom?
(a) "You are stupid and fat!"
(b) "Get out!"
(c) "It's about time."
(d) "Some exit lines you give yourself, buddy."
2. Zooey feels less frightened about Franny's need to say the prayer because she did what when she first started?
(a) She made plans to go to Russia.
(b) She came home.
(c) She called her mother.
(d) She went to see Buddy.
3. What did Zooey say that made Franny realize she wasn't talking to Buddy?
(a) He said that Zooey did not know what he was talking about.
(b) He said that Zooey was destructive.
(c) He said that Zooey was a lunatic.
(d) He explained why Zooey smokes cigars.
4. Why doesn't Zooey want to leave New York?
(a) He is afraid to travel.
(b) He hates every other city.
(c) It is his hometown.
(d) His family is in NY.
5. When Zooey leaves Franny, what state is she in?
(a) She is sitting up staring into space.
(b) She is smiling slightly.
(c) She is sobbing.
(d) She is feeling better.
6. What does Zooey do in Buddy's room?
(a) He changes his shirt.
(b) He reads his script.
(c) He makes a phone call.
(d) He writes a letter.
7. Why is Zooey banging on the piano keys?
(a) He is angry about having to go out for a drink.
(b) He is angry at Bessie and Les for playing the piano for Franny.
(c) He is angry that Franny won't eat.
(d) He is angry at Franny for her troubles.
8. What are chakras?
(b) People who pray.
(c) The seven subtle centers in the body.
(d) Musical instruments.
9. What does Franny fill the entire blackboard with?
(a) Love poems.
(b) Information about Epictetus.
(c) Song lyrics.
(d) Mathematical equations.
10. What is Franny doing while she has her conversation with Zooey in the living room?
(a) She is reciting the prayer.
(b) She is sleeping.
(c) She is eating.
(d) She is picking fleas off of the cat.
11. What is the third eye?
12. Why does Franny believe that Professor Tupper detests her?
(a) She only attends class occasionally.
(b) She does not agree with his religious beliefs.
(c) She never smiles at him when he is being charming.
(d) She told him he has no enthusiasm.
13. What color is the bathmat?
14. What does Zooey say that he and Franny are?
15. What medical problem does Zooey have?
(a) High blood pressure.
(b) A heart murmur.
(d) An ulcer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it that Franny expresses that she is so bothered by?
2. What is on the back of Buddy's bedroom door?
3. In a discussion with Zooey, who does Bessie say that Franny should talk to?
4. How does Franny describe Zooey to Buddy on the phone?
5. Zooey says that the only thing that counts in the religious life is what?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)