|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Zooey tell Franny he did with Jesus when Zooey was eight-years-old?
(a) He acted in a scene with him.
(b) He went to church with him.
(c) He broke bread with him.
(d) He had a glass of ginger ale with him.
2. When Zooey mentions that Franny should talk to someone, who is it that she wants to speak with?
(a) Her brother the priest.
(b) Professor Tupper.
(c) Her dead brother.
(d) Her father.
3. Over the phone, Zooey suggests to Franny that she find her help where?
(a) In the Bible.
(b) By going to see Buddy.
(c) With Lane.
(d) In her own home.
4. Who does Franny first believe is on the phone after her conversation with Zooey is over?
5. What does Franny say that she and Zooey have in common?
(a) Their ideas about acting.
(c) Their ideas about religion.
(d) They are both bothered about things and can't keep quiet about it.
6. What do Lane and Bessie believe is the reason for Franny's troubles?
(a) A liitle book about a pilgrim.
(b) The play that she quit.
(c) Her relationship with Lane.
(d) Her crazy family.
7. Who does Zooey say that Franny should act for?
(b) The audience.
8. What is Bessie admiring that makes Zooey angry?
(a) His socks.
(b) His shirt.
(c) The way he shaves.
(d) His back.
9. Zooey says that the only thing that counts in the religious life is what?
(c) Being kind to others.
(d) Reading the Bible.
10. Why is Zooey banging on the piano keys?
(a) He is angry about having to go out for a drink.
(b) He is angry at Bessie and Les for playing the piano for Franny.
(c) He is angry at Franny for her troubles.
(d) He is angry that Franny won't eat.
11. What religious action does Zooey say Franny is missing in her own home?
(a) Drinking chicken soup.
(b) Sharing the Bible.
12. What color is the bathmat?
13. All of the following describe the Glass living room except which one?
(a) It is dark and gloomy.
(b) It is stuffed with furnishings.
(c) It is lined with bookshelves.
(d) The walls are covered with documents.
14. The book that Zooey suggests Bessie read is called what?
(a) "God Is My Friend."
(b) "God's Prayer."
(c) "God Is My Hobby."
(d) "You and God."
15. What does Zooey say that he and Franny are?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the last words Zooey speaks to Franny before leaving the room?
2. What comment does Zooey make about his fish in the tank?
3. What does Zooey do in Buddy's room?
4. What medical problem does Zooey have?
5. In the book Franny has been reading, who does the pilgrim find to help him learn about the prayer?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)