|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Zooey tell Franny that he and Buddy did that she was unaware of?
(a) They went and spoke with Lane after first meeting him.
(b) They went to the college to visit her.
(c) They went to chuch together.
(d) They went to see her in summer stock.
2. What does Franny say that she and Zooey have in common?
(a) Their ideas about religion.
(b) Their ideas about acting.
(c) They are both bothered about things and can't keep quiet about it.
3. What does Zooey tell Franny he did with Jesus when Zooey was eight-years-old?
(a) He had a glass of ginger ale with him.
(b) He went to church with him.
(c) He acted in a scene with him.
(d) He broke bread with him.
4. What did Seymour use as a motivation for both Buddy and Franny?
(a) A thought of a famous actor.
(b) A thought of their mother.
(c) A thought of the Fat Lady.
(d) A thought of Jesus.
5. What was the film about that Zooey made with Dick Hess?
(a) A dancer.
(b) A drunk.
(c) A romance of a young man falling in love.
(d) A farmer who moves to the city.
6. What is Bessie admiring that makes Zooey angry?
(a) His shirt.
(b) The way he shaves.
(c) His socks.
(d) His back.
7. What does Zooey tell Franny that her problem is in regards to the people she says are too egotistical?
(a) Franny does not really know these people.
(b) Franny only sees what she wants.
(c) Franny takes it all too personally.
(d) Franny does not know what she is talking about.
8. What has Zooey been saying at every meal for years?
(a) The Lord's Prayer.
(b) A Buddist prayer.
(c) The Four Great Vows.
9. What does Zooey say is odd about Franny's breakdown?
(a) She decides to sleep on the couch.
(b) She can't explain it.
(c) She chooses the place to have it.
(d) It isn't real.
10. What does Zooey keep repeating to Franny about the prayer?
(a) That it does not work.
(b) To stop saying it.
(c) That it is ridiculous.
(d) He is not trying to stop her from saying it.
11. Zooey feels less frightened about Franny's need to say the prayer because she did what when she first started?
(a) She called her mother.
(b) She made plans to go to Russia.
(c) She came home.
(d) She went to see Buddy.
12. How does Zooey think about Lane?
(a) Zooey thinks Lane is a charmer and a fake.
(b) Zooey thinks the relationship is strong.
(c) Zooey thinks Lane is worried about Franny.
(d) Zooey thinks Lane is not good for Franny.
13. What medical problem does Zooey have?
(b) High blood pressure.
(c) A heart murmur.
(d) An ulcer.
14. Why did Seymour tell Zooey to shine his shoes for the radio show?
(a) It was required.
(b) His father always did it.
(c) He was teaching Zooey to always do and look his best.
(d) Seymour liked shiny shoes.
15. What is Franny doing while she has her conversation with Zooey in the living room?
(a) She is reciting the prayer.
(b) She is eating.
(c) She is picking fleas off of the cat.
(d) She is sleeping.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Franny fill the entire blackboard with?
2. What is the third eye?
3. Zooey tells Franny that she should stop her behavior for what reason?
4. Who does Franny tell Bessie that she wants to talk to?
5. Over the phone, Zooey suggests to Franny that she find her help where?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)