|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Franny say that she and Zooey have in common?
(b) Their ideas about acting.
(c) Their ideas about religion.
(d) They are both bothered about things and can't keep quiet about it.
2. How does Zooey describe Jesus?
(a) As a teacher.
(b) As a great prophet.
(c) As the most intelligent man in the Bible.
(d) As warm.
3. What did Zooey say that made Franny realize she wasn't talking to Buddy?
(a) He said that Zooey was a lunatic.
(b) He said that Zooey did not know what he was talking about.
(c) He explained why Zooey smokes cigars.
(d) He said that Zooey was destructive.
4. What do Lane and Bessie believe is the reason for Franny's troubles?
(a) A liitle book about a pilgrim.
(b) Her crazy family.
(c) Her relationship with Lane.
(d) The play that she quit.
5. What stands across the street from the Glasses' living room window?
(a) A hospital.
(b) A four-story private school.
(c) A church.
(d) A four-story apartment building.
6. What does Franny believe is the worst culprit in this game of hypocrisy?
(b) Intelligent people.
(c) Knowledge for knowledge's sake.
7. What color is the bathmat?
8. What word does Franny say is missing from the vocabulary of the people at college?
9. Why is Zooey banging on the piano keys?
(a) He is angry at Bessie and Les for playing the piano for Franny.
(b) He is angry that Franny won't eat.
(c) He is angry about having to go out for a drink.
(d) He is angry at Franny for her troubles.
10. Who does Franny first believe is on the phone after her conversation with Zooey is over?
11. What can't Zooey find in the bathroom?
(a) His tweezers.
(b) His manuscript.
(c) His toothbrush.
(d) His shoe.
12. Why doesn't Zooey want Franny to smile at him?
(a) It gives him the creeps.
(b) Seymour used to smile at him.
(c) Her smile is crooked.
(d) She does not do it wholeheartedly.
13. Why does Zooey get so upset when Bessie mentions calling Philly Byrnes, the psychoanalyst?
(a) He believes Franny will get past this on her own.
(b) He believes only Franny's family can help her.
(c) He hates all psychoanalysts.
(d) He fears that it will send Franny over the edge.
14. In the book Franny has been reading, who does the pilgrim find to help him learn about the prayer?
(a) A nun.
(b) A bishop.
(c) A monk.
(d) A priest.
15. Who is Zooey afraid Franny's crusade will hurt?
(a) A wonderful college professor of Zooey's.
(b) Franny's college friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of a skull does Zooey want when he is dead?
2. What does Zooey tell Franny that he and Buddy did that she was unaware of?
3. What was the one idea that Jesus absolutely knew that often eludes people, according to Zooey?
4. How does Franny describe Zooey to Buddy on the phone?
5. Zooey tells Bessie that living a religious life takes what?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)