|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Franny get herself to stop complaining about the falseness of people?
(a) She kicked herself.
(b) She began taking medication.
(c) She spoke to Seymour.
(d) She yelled at herself out loud with a threat.
2. Zooey says that the only thing that counts in the religious life is what?
(a) Reading the Bible.
(b) Being kind to others.
3. How does Zooey describe Jesus?
(a) As the most intelligent man in the Bible.
(b) As a great prophet.
(c) As warm.
(d) As a teacher.
4. What are the last words Zooey speaks to Franny before leaving the room?
(a) "I'm sorry."
(b) "Get over it."
(c) "Call Buddy."
5. Who does Franny first believe is on the phone after her conversation with Zooey is over?
6. What made Franny quit the Bible and go straight to Buddha?
(a) The crucifixion.
(c) The story of Job.
(d) Jesus saying that people are better than animals.
7. When Zooey mentions that Franny should talk to someone, who is it that she wants to speak with?
(a) Professor Tupper.
(b) Her brother the priest.
(c) Her dead brother.
(d) Her father.
8. Zooey feels less frightened about Franny's need to say the prayer because she did what when she first started?
(a) She made plans to go to Russia.
(b) She called her mother.
(c) She went to see Buddy.
(d) She came home.
9. What does Zooey tell Franny he did with Jesus when Zooey was eight-years-old?
(a) He went to church with him.
(b) He broke bread with him.
(c) He acted in a scene with him.
(d) He had a glass of ginger ale with him.
10. What medical problem does Zooey have?
(a) High blood pressure.
(c) A heart murmur.
(d) An ulcer.
11. What is on the back of Buddy's bedroom door?
(a) Quotations from a variety of world literature.
(b) A picture of Jesus.
(c) Awards from the television show he was in as a child.
(d) Quotations from the Bible.
12. What do Lane and Bessie believe is the reason for Franny's troubles?
(a) Her relationship with Lane.
(b) The play that she quit.
(c) A liitle book about a pilgrim.
(d) Her crazy family.
13. As Zooey comes to the end of the pilgrim's story, what does he ask his mother?
(a) Does she want to hear more?
(b) Does she understand?
(c) Does she believe?
(d) If she is listening.
14. Why doesn't Zooey want Franny to smile at him?
(a) Her smile is crooked.
(b) It gives him the creeps.
(c) Seymour used to smile at him.
(d) She does not do it wholeheartedly.
15. How does Zooey treat Hess when Hess offers him a new script?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He is ecstatic.
(c) He is rude to him.
(d) He is happy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Franny's dream about?
2. What comment does Zooey make about his fish in the tank?
3. Who does Franny tell Bessie that she wants to talk to?
4. What does Zooey say that he and Franny are?
5. Who is Zooey afraid Franny's crusade will hurt?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)