Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Franny believe is the worst culprit in this game of hypocrisy?
(c) Knowledge for knowledge's sake.
(d) Intelligent people.
2. What is Franny's dream about?
(a) Diving into a pool over and over again.
(b) Her dead brother.
(c) The prayer.
3. What does Zooey believe Franny is using the prayer for?
(a) To cleanse her of her sins.
(b) To become a better actress.
(c) To make the mean, bad people in her world go away.
(d) To get better grades in school.
4. When Zooey leaves Franny, what state is she in?
(a) She is feeling better.
(b) She is sitting up staring into space.
(c) She is smiling slightly.
(d) She is sobbing.
5. The book that Zooey suggests Bessie read is called what?
(a) "You and God."
(b) "God Is My Hobby."
(c) "God's Prayer."
(d) "God Is My Friend."
6. When Zooey mentions that Franny should talk to someone, who is it that she wants to speak with?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her brother the priest.
(c) Professor Tupper.
(d) Her dead brother.
7. How does Zooey describe Jesus?
(a) As a teacher.
(b) As the most intelligent man in the Bible.
(c) As warm.
(d) As a great prophet.
8. What are chakras?
(b) The seven subtle centers in the body.
(c) People who pray.
(d) Musical instruments.
9. What color is the bathmat?
10. What does Franny worry about in her search for the prayer?
(a) That wanting it may make her crazy.
(b) That wanting it may not be enough to find it.
(c) That wanting it will separate her from those she loves.
(d) That wanting it makes her no different than those who want material things.
11. In what book of the Bible does the pilgrim find the line, "Pray without ceasing"?
12. In Zooey's words, what is the one aim of the Jesus Prayer?
(a) Christ Consciousness.
(b) Biblical understanding.
(c) To be a better person.
(d) To spread the word of God.
13. What is the name of the second book in the series that Franny is reading?
(a) "The Pilgrim Finds Salvation."
(b) "The Pilgrim Goes to Russia."
(c) "The Pilgrim Goes to Heaven."
(d) "The Pilgrim Continues His Way."
14. What did Seymour use as a motivation for both Buddy and Franny?
(a) A thought of their mother.
(b) A thought of a famous actor.
(c) A thought of the Fat Lady.
(d) A thought of Jesus.
15. Besides furniture, what is Buddy's room filled with?
(b) Sporting equipment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bessie admiring that makes Zooey angry?
2. After Zooey upsets Franny, what is she trying to get him to do?
3. Where is Zooey going to have lunch on the afternoon of his long bath?
4. What poet does Franny love?
5. Why did Franny move out of her room at college?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)