Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the television show that the Glass children acted in?
(a) "It's A Wise Child."
(b) "Wise Ones."
(c) "Precocious Children."
(d) "Questions for Wise Children."
2. In the book that Franny is reading, after the pilgrim learns what he is seeking, what does he do next?
(a) He dies and goes to heaven.
(b) He converts everyone in his home town.
(c) He builds a church.
(d) He travels all over Russia.
3. What did Seymour tell Buddy was his "wooden leg"?
(c) Kind heartedness.
4. Where do Bessie and Zooey have their long conversation?
(a) In Zooey's bedroom.
(b) At the dinner table.
(c) In the bathroom.
(d) In the living room.
5. What is happening to Franny's forehead while she is having lunch with Lane?
(a) It is filled with anxiety.
(b) It is wrinkled.
(c) It is bleeding.
(d) It is perspiring.
6. What made Buddy want to write to Zooey?
(a) Bessie's letter.
(b) Two young girls.
(c) Franny's breakdown.
(d) The death of their brother.
7. Buddy tells Zooey that if Zooey performs beautifully on stage, Buddy do will do what?
(a) Buddy will get him a bigger role.
(b) Buddy will get Seymour to be an actor.
(c) He and Seymour will rent tuxedos and hats and come to the stage.
(d) Buddy will watch every show Zooey performs in after that.
8. What does Franny tell Lane about the letter?
(a) She was glad that she wrote it.
(b) She mailed it weeks before.
(c) She wished she had never written it.
(d) That it was difficult to write.
9. What should poets leave behind according to Franny?
(a) Many poems.
(c) Poetry books.
(d) Something beautiful.
10. What was being taken out of the body of the lovely woman in the story told on the plane?
(a) Her heart.
(c) Her liver.
11. How does Lane feel about the grade he received on his paper?
(a) He is unimpressed.
(b) He is happy with it.
(c) It makes him angry.
(d) He wanted a better grade.
12. What does Bessie continuously do while talking to Zooey?
(a) She bites her fingernails.
(b) She folds towels.
(c) She smokes.
(d) She pulls junk out of her big pockets.
13. What does Lane want to mainly talk about during the lunch with Frannie?
(a) Franny's lack of hunger.
(b) Franny's father.
(c) A paper he wrote.
(d) Franny's book.
14. Why does Franny love the married couple in the pilgrim's story in the book that she is reading?
(a) They spread the word of God.
(b) They love each other.
(c) They allow the servants to eat with them every night.
(d) They took good care of the pilgrim.
15. What name does Zooey call Bessie?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Franny excuse herself to at SIcklers?
2. How long passes before Buddy returns home after Seymour's funeral?
3. How does Lane feel after Franny leaves the lunch table?
4. What does Waker say of the way Zooey handled the loss of Seymour?
5. What became of Seymour?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)