|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lane feel after Franny leaves the lunch table?
(a) Happy she is gone.
(b) The weekend is not looking good.
2. The reader knows that Franny is nervous during her telling of the pilgrim because she does what?
(a) She continuously taps on the table.
(b) She chain smokes.
(c) She keeps telling Lane to eat his snails.
(d) She takes continuous sips of her drink.
3. How old was Franny when Seymour died?
4. Buddy tells Zooey that if Zooey performs beautifully on stage, Buddy do will do what?
(a) Buddy will get Seymour to be an actor.
(b) He and Seymour will rent tuxedos and hats and come to the stage.
(c) Buddy will get him a bigger role.
(d) Buddy will watch every show Zooey performs in after that.
5. Why does Lane think Franny should not say bad things about her English department?
(a) Someone might overhear her.
(b) Her English department has the best professors.
(c) She doesn't know what she is talking about.
(d) He believes her school has the two best poets.
6. Lane and Franny dine at Sickler's restaurant for what reason?
(a) There was nowhere else to go.
(b) It is their favorite restaurant.
(c) It is the "in" place for college intellectuals.
(d) They love the food.
7. How old was Zooey when Seymour died?
8. The pilgrim in the book that Franny has been reading is searching for what?
(a) A way to pray incessantly.
(b) A better life.
9. What year is it when Zooey and Bessie are talking in the bathroom?
10. What time of year is it?
11. What does Franny tell Lane is the reason why she can't lend him the pilgrim book that she has been reading?
(a) It is Zooey's.
(b) She had stolen it.
(c) It is not hers to lend.
(d) It is overdue.
12. What does Les want to give Franny to make things better for her?
(a) A tangerine.
(d) A pet.
13. What does Bessie continuously do while talking to Zooey?
(a) She folds towels.
(b) She smokes.
(c) She pulls junk out of her big pockets.
(d) She bites her fingernails.
14. Why does Franny regret asking for Lane's olive?
(a) He hates when she takes his food from him.
(b) She does not like olives.
(c) It made Lane angry that she interrupted him.
(d) The olives make her ill.
15. How does Lane feel about the grade he received on his paper?
(a) He is happy with it.
(b) He wanted a better grade.
(c) It makes him angry.
(d) He is unimpressed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Lane's paper about?
2. What became of Seymour?
3. Where are the two meeting?
4. What does Bessie say about her children when the chips are down?
5. What does Franny tell Lane happens to a person who repeats God's name incessantly?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)