|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What feature of Bessie's is compared to a deposed Balkan queen's?
(a) Her eyes.
(b) Her fingers.
(c) Her feet.
(d) Her legs.
2. What did Buddy find in Seymour's hotel room?
(b) A letter.
(c) A gun.
(d) A haiku poem.
3. What does Franny tell Lane about the letter?
(a) That it was difficult to write.
(b) She wished she had never written it.
(c) She mailed it weeks before.
(d) She was glad that she wrote it.
4. How has Bessie been handling the problem with Franny?
(a) She paints the apartment.
(b) She tells Franny to get up off of the couch.
(c) She has called a psychiatrist.
(d) She makes her chicken broth.
5. What does Franny want to eat that upsets Bessie so much?
(a) Grilled cheese.
(c) A cheeseburger.
6. What does Lane want to mainly talk about during the lunch with Frannie?
(a) Franny's book.
(b) Franny's lack of hunger.
(c) Franny's father.
(d) A paper he wrote.
7. When Franny tells Lane that he is "talking like a section man," what does she mean by the term "section man"?
(a) A know it all.
(b) A person who takes over a class when the professor is gone.
(c) A teacher's pet.
(d) A teacher's assistant.
8. What did Seymour tell Buddy was his "wooden leg"?
(a) Kind heartedness.
9. How many years before had Buddy's letter been written?
10. Buddy tells Zooey that if Zooey performs beautifully on stage, Buddy do will do what?
(a) Buddy will watch every show Zooey performs in after that.
(b) Buddy will get Seymour to be an actor.
(c) He and Seymour will rent tuxedos and hats and come to the stage.
(d) Buddy will get him a bigger role.
11. What made Buddy want to write to Zooey?
(a) Bessie's letter.
(b) Two young girls.
(c) The death of their brother.
(d) Franny's breakdown.
12. What has really set Franny on a path of self-destruction?
(a) Her mother's crazy ways.
(b) Her relationship with Lane.
(c) Her poor acting in the play.
(d) A book that has made her question her existence.
13. Why doesn't Buddy go home after Seymour's funeral?
(a) He lives too far away.
(b) He is afraid.
(c) He can't face his mother.
(d) He is too sad.
14. How does Lane feel about the grade he received on his paper?
(a) He is happy with it.
(b) He is unimpressed.
(c) He wanted a better grade.
(d) It makes him angry.
15. What does Buddy apologize in the letter for doing to Zooey and Franny?
(a) Buddy and Seymour filled their heads with metaphysical information.
(b) Buddy and Seymour force them to read Shakespeare and Homer.
(c) Buddy and Seymour neglected them because the boys were so much older.
(d) Buddy and Seymour teased them incessantly.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Bessie leaves the bathroom, what does she tell Zooey to do?
2. How old was Zooey when Seymour died?
3. What should poets leave behind according to Franny?
4. What is happening to Franny's forehead while she is having lunch with Lane?
5. What profession was Bessie in when she was younger?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)