|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what occasion is Frannie visiting Lane?
(a) The Yale Game.
(b) Their aniversary dinner.
(c) Lane's birthday.
(d) A Yale dance.
2. Who is Bloomberg?
(a) A brother.
(b) The neighbor.
(c) The fish.
(d) The cat.
3. What does Zooey do after Bessie leaves the bathroom?
(a) He gets out of the tub.
(b) He throws the washcloth.
(c) He stares at the closed door.
(d) He reads his manuscript.
4. Why does Franny keep apologizing at lunch with Lane?
(a) She hates frog legs.
(b) She is in a bad mood.
(c) She has hurt Lane's feelings.
(d) She leaves the table many times.
5. The pilgrim in the book that Franny has been reading is searching for what?
(a) A better life.
(b) A way to pray incessantly.
6. What did Buddy find in Seymour's hotel room?
(a) A haiku poem.
(b) A letter.
(d) A gun.
7. How has Bessie been handling the problem with Franny?
(a) She makes her chicken broth.
(b) She has called a psychiatrist.
(c) She paints the apartment.
(d) She tells Franny to get up off of the couch.
8. How does Bessie describe the title of Zooey's manuscript?
(a) As unusual.
9. What did Seymour tell Buddy was his "wooden leg"?
(b) Kind heartedness.
10. What does Zooey say is his Achilles' heel?
(a) His looks.
(c) He is sensitive to beauty.
(d) His intelligence.
11. What story does Buddy tell Zooey about the little girl in the market?
(a) She gave Buddy her lollipop.
(b) She wanted to buy fish.
(c) She was an orphan.
(d) She had boyfriends named Bobby and Dorothy.
12. What does Franny tell Lane about the letter?
(a) She was glad that she wrote it.
(b) She wished she had never written it.
(c) She mailed it weeks before.
(d) That it was difficult to write.
13. What year is it when Zooey and Bessie are talking in the bathroom?
14. Lane and Franny dine at Sickler's restaurant for what reason?
(a) They love the food.
(b) It is their favorite restaurant.
(c) There was nowhere else to go.
(d) It is the "in" place for college intellectuals.
15. Where are the two meeting?
(a) A train station.
(b) The subway station.
(c) A bus station.
(d) The airport.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lane tell Franny right before she excuses herself from the lunch table a second time?
2. How does Lane react to what happens to Franny at the end of the chapter entitled Franny?
3. What does Franny say that a person does not even need when they first start saying the prayer?
4. What time of year is it?
5. For lunch, what does Franny order?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)