|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Frannie asks Lane if he received her letter, he responds by saying what?
(a) "Yes, I am glad your dad's X-rays were good."
(b) "Yes, I got it Wednesday."
(c) "The one that had such scattered thoughts?"
(d) "Which letter?"
2. What happened to Bessie's truly lighthearted son, Walt?
(a) He became a great actor.
(b) He married and had children.
(c) He left home and was never heard from again.
(d) He was killed in WWII.
3. How long is it before Franny and Lane arrive at the restaurant from the time they got in the cab?
(a) A half hour later.
(b) Three hours.
(c) Two hours.
(d) About an hour later.
4. In the letter that Buddy writes, he suggests a future for Zooey that his mother also wants for Zooey. What is the suggestion?
(a) For Zooey to find a wife.
(b) For Zooey to continue to be an actor.
(c) For Zooey to move out of the house.
(d) For Zooey to get his PhD.
5. What does Buddy believe would be Zooey's downfall as an actor?
(a) He is no good at it.
(b) Nothing, he believes Zooey will be great.
(c) He would be too demanding.
(d) He can't memorize lines.
6. Where does Franny excuse herself to at SIcklers?
(a) The table where the girls are that she will stay with.
(b) The bathroom.
(d) The bar.
7. How does Lane react to what happens to Franny at the end of the chapter entitled Franny?
(a) He is embarrassed.
(b) He finds the whole thing amusing.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is worried about Franny.
8. How does Lane feel about the grade he received on his paper?
(a) It makes him angry.
(b) He is happy with it.
(c) He wanted a better grade.
(d) He is unimpressed.
9. What is Franny drinking at lunch with Lane?
10. What does Franny want to eat that upsets Bessie so much?
(a) Grilled cheese.
(c) A cheeseburger.
11. Why doesn't Buddy go home after Seymour's funeral?
(a) He is too sad.
(b) He can't face his mother.
(c) He is afraid.
(d) He lives too far away.
12. What does Zooey say is his Achilles' heel?
(b) His looks.
(c) His intelligence.
(d) He is sensitive to beauty.
13. What becomes of Franny's sandwich?
(a) It falls on the floor.
(b) Franny eats it.
(c) Lane eats it.
(d) The waiter takes it away uneaten.
14. What profession was Bessie in when she was younger?
(a) She was a teacher.
(b) She was a dancer in the theater.
(c) She was a singer.
(d) She was in radio.
15. What does Waker say of the way Zooey handled the loss of Seymour?
(a) He seemed indifferent.
(b) He was the only one who was bitter.
(c) He refused to attend the funeral.
(d) He cried for a long time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lane and Franny dine at Sickler's restaurant for what reason?
2. How long passes before Buddy returns home after Seymour's funeral?
3. What name does Zooey call Bessie?
4. The reader knows that Franny is nervous during her telling of the pilgrim because she does what?
5. What does Les want to give Franny to make things better for her?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)