|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What story does Buddy tell Zooey about the little girl in the market?
(a) She wanted to buy fish.
(b) She was an orphan.
(c) She gave Buddy her lollipop.
(d) She had boyfriends named Bobby and Dorothy.
2. For lunch, what does Franny order?
(a) A chicken sandwich and milk.
(c) Another martini.
(d) Frogs' legs.
3. For what occasion is Frannie visiting Lane?
(a) The Yale Game.
(b) Their aniversary dinner.
(c) Lane's birthday.
(d) A Yale dance.
4. When Bessie leaves the bathroom, what does she tell Zooey to do?
(a) Wash his hair.
(b) Get out to the bathtub.
(c) Use the bathmat.
5. What time of year is it?
6. In the letter that Buddy writes, he suggests a future for Zooey that his mother also wants for Zooey. What is the suggestion?
(a) For Zooey to move out of the house.
(b) For Zooey to continue to be an actor.
(c) For Zooey to get his PhD.
(d) For Zooey to find a wife.
7. When the pilgrim first begins saying the prayer, what is he using?
(a) His lips only.
(b) His mind.
(c) His heart and his lips.
(d) His heart.
8. Why does Franny love the married couple in the pilgrim's story in the book that she is reading?
(a) They allow the servants to eat with them every night.
(b) They spread the word of God.
(c) They love each other.
(d) They took good care of the pilgrim.
9. As Franny tells Lane the story of the pilgrim, what does Lane do?
(a) He continues eating, yet he listens.
(b) He listens wholeheartedly.
(c) He ignores her and eats his food.
(d) He continuously interrupts her.
10. Who introduces the second part of the novel?
11. How many years before had Buddy's letter been written?
12. When Franny tells Lane that he is "talking like a section man," what does she mean by the term "section man"?
(a) A know it all.
(b) A teacher's assistant.
(c) A person who takes over a class when the professor is gone.
(d) A teacher's pet.
13. Where do Bessie and Zooey have their long conversation?
(a) At the dinner table.
(b) In Zooey's bedroom.
(c) In the living room.
(d) In the bathroom.
14. Why does Franny go to the restroom?
(a) Her food has made her ill.
(b) She is about to cry.
(c) She needs a moment away from Lane.
(d) She drank too many martinis.
15. Where does Franny excuse herself to at SIcklers?
(a) The bar.
(b) The bathroom.
(d) The table where the girls are that she will stay with.
Short Answer Questions
1. What should poets leave behind according to Franny?
2. What is happening to Franny's forehead while she is having lunch with Lane?
3. What was being taken out of the body of the lovely woman in the story told on the plane?
4. How old was Franny when Seymour died?
5. What profession was Bessie in when she was younger?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)