|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What should poets leave behind according to Franny?
(a) Something beautiful.
(c) Many poems.
(d) Poetry books.
2. What does Bessie continuously do while talking to Zooey?
(a) She smokes.
(b) She pulls junk out of her big pockets.
(c) She folds towels.
(d) She bites her fingernails.
3. Why is Bessie so upset with Buddy?
(a) Buddy refuses to have a phone.
(b) Buddy won't help Franny.
(c) Buddy lives far away.
(d) Buddy never comes home.
4. What becomes of Franny's sandwich?
(a) The waiter takes it away uneaten.
(b) Franny eats it.
(c) It falls on the floor.
(d) Lane eats it.
5. What became of Seymour?
(a) He married and had children.
(b) He died in an accident.
(c) He became a two-bit actor.
(d) He committed suicide.
6. What did Seymour tell Buddy was his "wooden leg"?
(d) Kind heartedness.
7. What does Buddy apologize in the letter for doing to Zooey and Franny?
(a) Buddy and Seymour filled their heads with metaphysical information.
(b) Buddy and Seymour force them to read Shakespeare and Homer.
(c) Buddy and Seymour teased them incessantly.
(d) Buddy and Seymour neglected them because the boys were so much older.
8. What does Buddy believe would be Zooey's downfall as an actor?
(a) He can't memorize lines.
(b) He would be too demanding.
(c) Nothing, he believes Zooey will be great.
(d) He is no good at it.
9. In diagnosing herself, Franny claims that her problem involves all of the below answers EXCEPT which one?
(a) She hates herself.
(b) She is physically ill.
(c) She is an egomaniac.
(d) She is going insane.
10. Who is Bloomberg?
(a) A brother.
(b) The neighbor.
(c) The cat.
(d) The fish.
11. How does Franny get to the restaurant manager's office?
(a) She walks into it to speak with him.
(b) She crawls there after collapsing.
(c) The bartender and Lane carry her.
(d) She chooses the wrong door.
12. How has Bessie been handling the problem with Franny?
(a) She paints the apartment.
(b) She makes her chicken broth.
(c) She tells Franny to get up off of the couch.
(d) She has called a psychiatrist.
13. What was being taken out of the body of the lovely woman in the story told on the plane?
(a) Her heart.
(c) Her liver.
14. Buddy tells Zooey that if Zooey performs beautifully on stage, Buddy do will do what?
(a) Buddy will watch every show Zooey performs in after that.
(b) He and Seymour will rent tuxedos and hats and come to the stage.
(c) Buddy will get him a bigger role.
(d) Buddy will get Seymour to be an actor.
15. How does Bessie describe the title of Zooey's manuscript?
(b) As unusual.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lane react to what happens to Franny at the end of the chapter entitled Franny?
2. What did Buddy find in Seymour's hotel room?
3. How old was Franny when Seymour died?
4. How does Lane feel after Franny leaves the lunch table?
5. What does Bessie say about her children when the chips are down?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)