|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Franny love the married couple in the pilgrim's story in the book that she is reading?
(a) They allow the servants to eat with them every night.
(b) They love each other.
(c) They took good care of the pilgrim.
(d) They spread the word of God.
2. When Bessie leaves the bathroom, what does she tell Zooey to do?
(a) Wash his hair.
(b) Use the bathmat.
(d) Get out to the bathtub.
3. What is the name of the television show that the Glass children acted in?
(a) "Wise Ones."
(b) "Questions for Wise Children."
(c) "It's A Wise Child."
(d) "Precocious Children."
4. What does Franny say that a person does not even need when they first start saying the prayer?
(b) An understanding of God.
(c) An understanding of the prayer.
(d) A priest.
5. What became of Seymour?
(a) He committed suicide.
(b) He married and had children.
(c) He became a two-bit actor.
(d) He died in an accident.
6. What does Zooey say is his Achilles' heel?
(b) His intelligence.
(c) His looks.
(d) He is sensitive to beauty.
7. Why don't Franny and Lane have dessert?
(a) The waiter does not offer dessert.
(b) There is not enough time.
(c) Franny does not like dessert.
(d) There is nothing on the menu that they want.
8. In diagnosing herself, Franny claims that her problem involves all of the below answers EXCEPT which one?
(a) She is an egomaniac.
(b) She is going insane.
(c) She is physically ill.
(d) She hates herself.
9. What should poets leave behind according to Franny?
(a) Something beautiful.
(b) Poetry books.
(c) Many poems.
10. What was it about the Glass family that caused problems as Buddy saw it?
(a) Too much education.
(b) The age differences.
(c) The radio show.
(d) Crazy parents.
11. Why does Lane think Franny should not say bad things about her English department?
(a) She doesn't know what she is talking about.
(b) He believes her school has the two best poets.
(c) Someone might overhear her.
(d) Her English department has the best professors.
12. How does Lane feel about the grade he received on his paper?
(a) It makes him angry.
(b) He wanted a better grade.
(c) He is unimpressed.
(d) He is happy with it.
13. What profession was Bessie in when she was younger?
(a) She was a teacher.
(b) She was a singer.
(c) She was in radio.
(d) She was a dancer in the theater.
14. What does Bessie say about her children when the chips are down?
(a) Only Waker will help.
(b) Everyone pitches in.
(c) Boo Boo and Buddy are the only ones who help.
(d) They are not there to help.
15. What is happening to Franny's forehead while she is having lunch with Lane?
(a) It is wrinkled.
(b) It is bleeding.
(c) It is perspiring.
(d) It is filled with anxiety.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Seymour tell Buddy was his "wooden leg"?
2. What does Lane want to mainly talk about during the lunch with Frannie?
3. What does Franny want to eat that upsets Bessie so much?
4. Who does Zooey say Bessie should invite to join them in the bathroom?
5. What happened to Bessie's truly lighthearted son, Walt?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)