|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is happening to Franny's forehead while she is having lunch with Lane?
(a) It is wrinkled.
(b) It is perspiring.
(c) It is bleeding.
(d) It is filled with anxiety.
2. What does Franny wish was underneath her chair?
(a) A trapdoor.
(b) A warm sweater.
(c) A mouse.
(d) A napkin.
3. Why does Franny keep apologizing at lunch with Lane?
(a) She is in a bad mood.
(b) She leaves the table many times.
(c) She has hurt Lane's feelings.
(d) She hates frog legs.
4. The reader knows that Franny is nervous during her telling of the pilgrim because she does what?
(a) She chain smokes.
(b) She takes continuous sips of her drink.
(c) She continuously taps on the table.
(d) She keeps telling Lane to eat his snails.
5. What does Bessie wear while at home?
(a) A blue Japanese kimono.
(b) An old lady's housedress.
(c) Jeans and a tee shirt.
(d) A sari.
6. What does Lane want Franny to do with the paper he wrote for his class?
(a) Rewrite it.
(b) Burn it.
(c) Publish it.
(d) Read it over.
7. What does Franny tell Lane is the reason why she can't lend him the pilgrim book that she has been reading?
(a) It is overdue.
(b) It is Zooey's.
(c) It is not hers to lend.
(d) She had stolen it.
8. What part of Bessie's body was "comely"?
(a) Her feet.
(b) Her legs.
(c) Her torso.
(d) Her arms.
9. What should poets leave behind according to Franny?
(a) Something beautiful.
(b) Many poems.
(c) Poetry books.
10. What time of year is it?
11. What made Buddy want to write to Zooey?
(a) Bessie's letter.
(b) The death of their brother.
(c) Two young girls.
(d) Franny's breakdown.
12. Where does Franny excuse herself to at SIcklers?
(a) The bar.
(b) The table where the girls are that she will stay with.
(d) The bathroom.
13. What does Zooey say is his Achilles' heel?
(a) His intelligence.
(b) He is sensitive to beauty.
(c) His looks.
14. Why don't Franny and Lane have dessert?
(a) The waiter does not offer dessert.
(b) There is not enough time.
(c) There is nothing on the menu that they want.
(d) Franny does not like dessert.
15. What does Franny say that a person does not even need when they first start saying the prayer?
(a) An understanding of God.
(b) A priest.
(c) An understanding of the prayer.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lane feel when he gets his first drink at the restaurant?
2. When Franny tells Lane that he is "talking like a section man," what does she mean by the term "section man"?
3. Where do Bessie and Zooey have their long conversation?
4. What was it about the Glass family that caused problems as Buddy saw it?
5. When Frannie asks Lane if he received her letter, he responds by saying what?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)