|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Bessie and Zooey have their long conversation?
(a) At the dinner table.
(b) In the living room.
(c) In the bathroom.
(d) In Zooey's bedroom.
2. What time of year is it?
3. For what occasion is Frannie visiting Lane?
(a) A Yale dance.
(b) Their aniversary dinner.
(c) The Yale Game.
(d) Lane's birthday.
4. How does Lane react to what happens to Franny at the end of the chapter entitled Franny?
(a) He is embarrassed.
(b) He is worried about Franny.
(c) He finds the whole thing amusing.
(d) He is angry.
5. How does Franny get to the restaurant manager's office?
(a) She crawls there after collapsing.
(b) She chooses the wrong door.
(c) She walks into it to speak with him.
(d) The bartender and Lane carry her.
6. After telling her tale, Franny attempts to return to the bathroom. On the way what happens to her?
(a) She speaks to the bartender.
(b) She trips over something.
(c) She faints.
(d) She meets the girls that she is rooming with.
7. What does Buddy apologize in the letter for doing to Zooey and Franny?
(a) Buddy and Seymour force them to read Shakespeare and Homer.
(b) Buddy and Seymour filled their heads with metaphysical information.
(c) Buddy and Seymour neglected them because the boys were so much older.
(d) Buddy and Seymour teased them incessantly.
8. How many years before had Buddy's letter been written?
9. Where are the two meeting?
(a) The airport.
(b) A train station.
(c) A bus station.
(d) The subway station.
10. Why don't Franny and Lane have dessert?
(a) There is not enough time.
(b) The waiter does not offer dessert.
(c) Franny does not like dessert.
(d) There is nothing on the menu that they want.
11. Where will Franny be staying during her visit?
(a) In a dorm room with other girls.
(b) In a hotel with Lane.
(c) In a room with two girls she does not know.
(d) In a dorm room with Lane.
12. What does Buddy lecture about at the college where he works?
(b) Zen and Buddhism.
13. What does Franny tell Lane about the letter?
(a) She was glad that she wrote it.
(b) She mailed it weeks before.
(c) She wished she had never written it.
(d) That it was difficult to write.
14. What became of Seymour?
(a) He committed suicide.
(b) He married and had children.
(c) He became a two-bit actor.
(d) He died in an accident.
15. What did Buddy find in Seymour's hotel room?
(a) A haiku poem.
(c) A letter.
(d) A gun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What feature of Bessie's is compared to a deposed Balkan queen's?
2. In what tone does Zooey talk to his mother?
3. What was Lane's paper about?
4. Why doesn't Buddy go home after Seymour's funeral?
5. What does Franny wish was underneath her chair?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)