|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who introduces the second part of the novel?
2. What part of Bessie's body was "comely"?
(a) Her torso.
(b) Her legs.
(c) Her feet.
(d) Her arms.
3. Where do Bessie and Zooey have their long conversation?
(a) At the dinner table.
(b) In Zooey's bedroom.
(c) In the living room.
(d) In the bathroom.
4. What does Franny wish was underneath her chair?
(a) A mouse.
(b) A warm sweater.
(c) A trapdoor.
(d) A napkin.
5. What does Franny tell Lane about her theatre class?
(a) She was taking a short break from the play.
(b) She thought the role was stupid.
(c) She quit the play and the class.
(d) She was thrilled with the play.
6. What does Bessie continuously do while talking to Zooey?
(a) She bites her fingernails.
(b) She folds towels.
(c) She pulls junk out of her big pockets.
(d) She smokes.
7. Buddy tells Zooey that if Zooey performs beautifully on stage, Buddy do will do what?
(a) He and Seymour will rent tuxedos and hats and come to the stage.
(b) Buddy will get him a bigger role.
(c) Buddy will get Seymour to be an actor.
(d) Buddy will watch every show Zooey performs in after that.
8. When Franny tells Lane that he is "talking like a section man," what does she mean by the term "section man"?
(a) A know it all.
(b) A teacher's assistant.
(c) A teacher's pet.
(d) A person who takes over a class when the professor is gone.
9. As Franny tells Lane the story of the pilgrim, what does Lane do?
(a) He listens wholeheartedly.
(b) He continuously interrupts her.
(c) He ignores her and eats his food.
(d) He continues eating, yet he listens.
10. Why does Franny go to the restroom?
(a) She drank too many martinis.
(b) She needs a moment away from Lane.
(c) Her food has made her ill.
(d) She is about to cry.
11. How long passes before Buddy returns home after Seymour's funeral?
(a) Five years.
(b) Six months.
(c) One year.
(d) Ten years.
12. How does Lane react to the pilgrim story?
(a) He thinks it is stupid.
(b) He says that it is interesting.
(c) He tells Franny to stop talking about it.
(d) He wants to begin praying immediately.
13. What does Lane want Franny to do with the paper he wrote for his class?
(a) Rewrite it.
(b) Read it over.
(c) Burn it.
(d) Publish it.
14. Where are the two meeting?
(a) A bus station.
(b) A train station.
(c) The subway station.
(d) The airport.
15. How does Lane feel about the grade he received on his paper?
(a) He is happy with it.
(b) He wanted a better grade.
(c) It makes him angry.
(d) He is unimpressed.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what tone does Zooey talk to his mother?
2. When Frannie asks Lane if he received her letter, he responds by saying what?
3. Why does Franny love the married couple in the pilgrim's story in the book that she is reading?
4. What time of year is it?
5. What was it about the Glass family that caused problems as Buddy saw it?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)