|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Bloomberg?
(a) A brother.
(b) The cat.
(c) The neighbor.
(d) The fish.
2. Why does Lane think Franny should not say bad things about her English department?
(a) Someone might overhear her.
(b) Her English department has the best professors.
(c) She doesn't know what she is talking about.
(d) He believes her school has the two best poets.
3. How is Zooey related to Franny?
(a) He is her father.
(b) He is her younger sibling.
(c) He is her older sibling.
(d) He is her ex-boyfriend.
4. What made Buddy want to write to Zooey?
(a) Franny's breakdown.
(b) Two young girls.
(c) The death of their brother.
(d) Bessie's letter.
5. Why don't Franny and Lane have dessert?
(a) There is nothing on the menu that they want.
(b) There is not enough time.
(c) The waiter does not offer dessert.
(d) Franny does not like dessert.
6. What does Les want to give Franny to make things better for her?
(b) A tangerine.
(d) A pet.
7. Why doesn't Buddy go home after Seymour's funeral?
(a) He is too sad.
(b) He lives too far away.
(c) He is afraid.
(d) He can't face his mother.
8. After telling her tale, Franny attempts to return to the bathroom. On the way what happens to her?
(a) She trips over something.
(b) She faints.
(c) She meets the girls that she is rooming with.
(d) She speaks to the bartender.
9. How old was Franny when Seymour died?
10. Seymour and Buddy believed that education should start with what?
(c) Shakespeare and Homer.
11. When Bessie leaves the bathroom, what does she tell Zooey to do?
(a) Wash his hair.
(b) Use the bathmat.
(c) Get out to the bathtub.
12. What was being taken out of the body of the lovely woman in the story told on the plane?
(a) Her heart.
(d) Her liver.
13. Where do Bessie and Zooey have their long conversation?
(a) At the dinner table.
(b) In the living room.
(c) In Zooey's bedroom.
(d) In the bathroom.
14. How old was Zooey when Seymour died?
15. What year is it when Zooey and Bessie are talking in the bathroom?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Franny want to eat that upsets Bessie so much?
2. What does Lane want Franny to do with the paper he wrote for his class?
3. What becomes of Franny's sandwich?
4. What does Zooey do after Bessie leaves the bathroom?
5. What story does Buddy tell Zooey about the little girl in the market?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)