|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Franny tell Lane about her theatre class?
(a) She quit the play and the class.
(b) She was thrilled with the play.
(c) She thought the role was stupid.
(d) She was taking a short break from the play.
2. What does Buddy believe would be Zooey's downfall as an actor?
(a) He can't memorize lines.
(b) Nothing, he believes Zooey will be great.
(c) He would be too demanding.
(d) He is no good at it.
3. What story does Buddy tell Zooey about the little girl in the market?
(a) She wanted to buy fish.
(b) She gave Buddy her lollipop.
(c) She was an orphan.
(d) She had boyfriends named Bobby and Dorothy.
4. What time of year is it?
5. How does Lane feel about the grade he received on his paper?
(a) He wanted a better grade.
(b) He is happy with it.
(c) He is unimpressed.
(d) It makes him angry.
6. How does Lane react to the pilgrim story?
(a) He thinks it is stupid.
(b) He wants to begin praying immediately.
(c) He tells Franny to stop talking about it.
(d) He says that it is interesting.
7. What part of Bessie's body was "comely"?
(a) Her torso.
(b) Her feet.
(c) Her arms.
(d) Her legs.
8. What does Buddy apologize in the letter for doing to Zooey and Franny?
(a) Buddy and Seymour neglected them because the boys were so much older.
(b) Buddy and Seymour filled their heads with metaphysical information.
(c) Buddy and Seymour force them to read Shakespeare and Homer.
(d) Buddy and Seymour teased them incessantly.
9. How does Lane feel when he gets his first drink at the restaurant?
(a) That he is in the right place with the right girl.
(b) Glad to have one, it was a rough day.
(d) Angry because it is the wrong drink.
10. Lane and Franny dine at Sickler's restaurant for what reason?
(a) It is their favorite restaurant.
(b) It is the "in" place for college intellectuals.
(c) They love the food.
(d) There was nowhere else to go.
11. How would Seymour react if he knew Buddy was lecturing Zooey about acting and his education?
(a) Seymour would be smiling.
(b) Seymour would not care.
(c) Seymour would be frightened.
(d) Seymour would be angry.
12. Seymour and Buddy believed that education should start with what?
(c) Shakespeare and Homer.
13. When the reader first meets Zooey, what is Zooey doing?
(a) Speaking with his mother.
(b) Rehearsing his lines.
(c) Reading a script.
(d) Reading a letter while bathing.
14. What is happening to Franny's forehead while she is having lunch with Lane?
(a) It is perspiring.
(b) It is filled with anxiety.
(c) It is wrinkled.
(d) It is bleeding.
15. Where does Franny excuse herself to at SIcklers?
(a) The bathroom.
(b) The table where the girls are that she will stay with.
(c) The bar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What made Buddy want to write to Zooey?
2. At the end of the letter, Buddy tells Zooey to do what?
3. What does Franny wish was underneath her chair?
4. Why does Franny regret asking for Lane's olive?
5. What does Franny want to eat that upsets Bessie so much?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)