Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Franny (pgs. 3-21)
1. Right from the start, Franny and Lane do not seem to be a couple who are dedicated to each other or their relationship. How is this shown though characterization in the opening pages leading to the point where Franny excuses herself to the ladies' room?
2. Why is the reader told that the restaurant is for intellectual types.
3. What kind of a character is Lane?
4. When the reader first meets Franny, she seems flighty. How so?
5. Why is Lane angry that he received...
This section contains 1,072 words|
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)