|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Zooey (pgs. 174-202).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lane think Franny should not say bad things about her English department?
(a) He believes her school has the two best poets.
(b) She doesn't know what she is talking about.
(c) Someone might overhear her.
(d) Her English department has the best professors.
2. What religious action does Zooey say Franny is missing in her own home?
(a) Sharing the Bible.
(d) Drinking chicken soup.
3. For lunch, what does Franny order?
(a) Frogs' legs.
(b) Another martini.
(d) A chicken sandwich and milk.
4. Who introduces the second part of the novel?
5. When Zooey mentions that Franny should talk to someone, who is it that she wants to speak with?
(a) Her brother the priest.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her dead brother.
(d) Professor Tupper.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lane feel about the grade he received on his paper?
2. What happened to Bessie's truly lighthearted son, Walt?
3. Zooey tells Franny that she should stop her behavior for what reason?
4. What does Zooey say is his Achilles' heel?
5. Who does Zooey say Bessie should invite to join them in the bathroom?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)