|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Zooey (pgs. 174-202).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Zooey tells Bessie that living a religious life takes what?
(a) A good priest.
(c) Time and dedication.
(d) A strong church.
2. At the end of the letter, Buddy tells Zooey to do what?
(a) "Act with all of your might."
(b) Turn off the private phone.
(c) Be good to Bessie.
(d) Come to the country for a visit.
3. The pilgrim in the book that Franny has been reading is searching for what?
(a) A better life.
(b) A way to pray incessantly.
4. Why does Lane think Franny should not say bad things about her English department?
(a) He believes her school has the two best poets.
(b) Someone might overhear her.
(c) She doesn't know what she is talking about.
(d) Her English department has the best professors.
5. Zooey says that when one first begins the prayer, one should do what, as told in the pilgrim's tale?
(a) Find a good church to go to.
(b) Be under the supervision of a qualified teacher.
(c) Find a monk.
(d) Keep saying the prayer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the one idea that Jesus absolutely knew that often eludes people, according to Zooey?
2. What does Lane tell Franny right before she excuses herself from the lunch table a second time?
3. How does Lane feel when he gets his first drink at the restaurant?
4. Why does Franny regret asking for Lane's olive?
5. How does Lane feel about the grade he received on his paper?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)