|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Zooey (pgs. 147-173).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of Bessie's body was "comely"?
(a) Her feet.
(b) Her arms.
(c) Her torso.
(d) Her legs.
2. What is Zooey's attitude about his acting career as he expresses it to Franny?
(a) He thinks he is a wonderful actor.
(b) He feels all that he does is undermine others' work.
(c) He feels everyone in the business is crap.
(d) He believes going to Europe will make him a better actor.
3. What does Bessie wear while at home?
(a) Jeans and a tee shirt.
(b) An old lady's housedress.
(c) A blue Japanese kimono.
(d) A sari.
4. What comment does Zooey make about his fish in the tank?
(a) They have mulitplied.
(b) The water needs to be changed.
(c) They need to be fed.
(d) That someone is always killing them off.
5. What does Zooey believe Franny is using the prayer for?
(a) To get better grades in school.
(b) To cleanse her of her sins.
(c) To become a better actress.
(d) To make the mean, bad people in her world go away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Franny say concerning her beliefs about whether the prayer works?
2. As Zooey comes to the end of the pilgrim's story, what does he ask his mother?
3. What does Franny tell Lane about the letter?
4. What does Franny tell Lane happens to a person who repeats God's name incessantly?
5. What has really set Franny on a path of self-destruction?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)