|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Zooey (pgs. 147-173).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Zooey related to Franny?
(a) He is her younger sibling.
(b) He is her older sibling.
(c) He is her ex-boyfriend.
(d) He is her father.
2. The pilgrim in the book that Franny has been reading is searching for what?
(a) A better life.
(c) A way to pray incessantly.
3. What does Zooey tell Franny that her problem is in regards to the people she says are too egotistical?
(a) Franny does not know what she is talking about.
(b) Franny only sees what she wants.
(c) Franny takes it all too personally.
(d) Franny does not really know these people.
4. What does Zooey say is odd about Franny's breakdown?
(a) She chooses the place to have it.
(b) She can't explain it.
(c) She decides to sleep on the couch.
(d) It isn't real.
5. What made Franny quit the Bible and go straight to Buddha?
(a) The crucifixion.
(b) Jesus saying that people are better than animals.
(c) The story of Job.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lane and Franny dine at Sickler's restaurant for what reason?
2. After Zooey upsets Franny, what is she trying to get him to do?
3. What is happening to Franny's forehead while she is having lunch with Lane?
4. What does Franny say that she and Zooey have in common?
5. What does Bessie say about her children when the chips are down?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)