|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Zooey (pgs. 147-173).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What comment does Zooey make about his fish in the tank?
(a) They need to be fed.
(b) The water needs to be changed.
(c) That someone is always killing them off.
(d) They have mulitplied.
2. What feature of Bessie's is compared to a deposed Balkan queen's?
(a) Her eyes.
(b) Her legs.
(c) Her fingers.
(d) Her feet.
3. After Zooey tells Bessie the story of the pilgrim, how does Bessie react?
(a) She becomes very worried for Franny.
(b) She wonders if Franny is searching for the prayer.
(c) She wants Franny to see a priest.
(d) She becomes angry.
4. All of the following describe the Glass living room except which one?
(a) It is stuffed with furnishings.
(b) It is dark and gloomy.
(c) The walls are covered with documents.
(d) It is lined with bookshelves.
5. When Zooey mentions that Franny should talk to someone, who is it that she wants to speak with?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her dead brother.
(c) Professor Tupper.
(d) Her brother the priest.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Bloomberg?
2. Why does Zooey believe that the prayer will never work for Franny?
3. Why doesn't Zooey want to get married?
4. How does Lane react to the pilgrim story?
5. The book that Zooey suggests Bessie read is called what?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)