|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Zooey (pgs. 147-173).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of Bessie's body was "comely"?
(a) Her feet.
(b) Her torso.
(c) Her arms.
(d) Her legs.
2. Where will Franny be staying during her visit?
(a) In a hotel with Lane.
(b) In a dorm room with other girls.
(c) In a room with two girls she does not know.
(d) In a dorm room with Lane.
3. In the letter that Buddy writes, he suggests a future for Zooey that his mother also wants for Zooey. What is the suggestion?
(a) For Zooey to continue to be an actor.
(b) For Zooey to move out of the house.
(c) For Zooey to get his PhD.
(d) For Zooey to find a wife.
4. What happened to Bessie's truly lighthearted son, Walt?
(a) He was killed in WWII.
(b) He married and had children.
(c) He left home and was never heard from again.
(d) He became a great actor.
5. What does Lane want to mainly talk about during the lunch with Frannie?
(a) A paper he wrote.
(b) Franny's father.
(c) Franny's lack of hunger.
(d) Franny's book.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Franny love the married couple in the pilgrim's story in the book that she is reading?
2. How old was Zooey when Seymour died?
3. How does Lane feel after Franny leaves the lunch table?
4. Who introduces the second part of the novel?
5. What is Zooey doing as he tells Bessie the tale of the pilgrim?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)