|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Zooey (pgs. 91-118).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Bessie and Zooey have their long conversation?
(a) In the bathroom.
(b) At the dinner table.
(c) In the living room.
(d) In Zooey's bedroom.
2. How does Lane feel after Franny leaves the lunch table?
(a) Happy she is gone.
(d) The weekend is not looking good.
3. What happened to Bessie's truly lighthearted son, Walt?
(a) He became a great actor.
(b) He left home and was never heard from again.
(c) He married and had children.
(d) He was killed in WWII.
4. What part of Bessie's body was "comely"?
(a) Her feet.
(b) Her arms.
(c) Her torso.
(d) Her legs.
5. Why does Franny love the married couple in the pilgrim's story in the book that she is reading?
(a) They spread the word of God.
(b) They took good care of the pilgrim.
(c) They love each other.
(d) They allow the servants to eat with them every night.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the reader first meets Zooey, what is Zooey doing?
2. What do Lane and Bessie believe is the reason for Franny's troubles?
3. What is the third eye?
4. How long passes before Buddy returns home after Seymour's funeral?
5. When Franny tells Lane that he is "talking like a section man," what does she mean by the term "section man"?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)