|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Zooey (pgs. 91-118).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is the bathmat?
2. What does Zooey say about Bessie's interpretation of religion?
(a) Bessie needs to go to church to learn something.
(b) That Bessie believes the message of the New Testament is an improper diet.
(c) Bessie has no idea what she is talking about.
(d) The message of the New Testament is to take shorter baths.
3. How old was Franny when Seymour died?
4. Why doesn't Zooey want to get married?
(a) He likes to ride in trains too much.
(b) He is too busy.
(c) He is gay.
(d) He hasn't found the right woman.
5. Zooey says that when one first begins the prayer, one should do what, as told in the pilgrim's tale?
(a) Find a good church to go to.
(b) Find a monk.
(c) Be under the supervision of a qualified teacher.
(d) Keep saying the prayer.
Short Answer Questions
1. In a discussion with Zooey, who does Bessie say that Franny should talk to?
2. What story does Buddy tell Zooey about the little girl in the market?
3. What does Lane want Franny to do with the paper he wrote for his class?
4. When Frannie and Lane get in the cab, Frannie feels what?
5. Why does Franny love the married couple in the pilgrim's story in the book that she is reading?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)