* Lane waits at the train station for Franny to arrive for the big Yale game.
* While waiting, Lane rereads a sentimental letter Franny had sent him.
* Lane purposely avoids his classmates as they too wait for their girlfriends.
* The letter mentions that Franny does not want to "over-analyze" things.
* Franny arrives; they kiss and hug.
* They take a cab to Sickler's restaurant, a place where the "intellectual fringe" hang out.
* Lane complains about a paper that he wrote that he thought was poorly written but received an "A."
* Franny is barely listening and shows signs of annoyance.
* Franny notes that Lane sounds like a "section man" - a smug, negative student who fills in when the professor is not there.
* She then apologizes, saying that she has been "destructive" all week.
* The conversation does not improve as Franny states that the Yale poets Lane wishes...
This section contains 2,043 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)