Franny (pgs. 3-21)
• Lane waits at the train station for Franny to arrive for the big Yale game.
• While waiting, Lane rereads a sentimental letter Franny had sent him.
• Lane purposely avoids his classmates as they too wait for their girlfriends.
• The letter mentions that Franny does not want to "over-analyze" things.
• Franny arrives; they kiss and hug.
• They take a cab to Sickler's restaurant, a place where the "intellectual fringe" hang out.
• Lane complains about a paper that he wrote that he thought was poorly written but received an "A."
• Franny is barely listening and shows signs of annoyance.
• Franny notes that Lane sounds like a "section man" - a smug, negative student who fills in when the professor is not there.
• She then apologizes, saying that she has been "destructive" all week.
• The conversation does not improve as Franny states that the Yale poets Lane...
This section contains 2,051 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)