|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Henry and Victor decide to visit Edinburgh?
(a) To visit a friend.
(b) To see the beauty of the countryside.
(c) To extend their vacation.
(d) To do a favor for a relative.
2. Why did Felix return to his hometown after helping Safie’s father escape from prison?
(a) To get married.
(b) To return to his job.
(c) To rescue Safie.
(d) To turn himself in for the sake of his family.
3. Why does the creature claim he is “malicious”?
(a) He is ugly.
(b) He is tired.
(c) He is simply miserable.
(d) He is unwanted.
4. Why Victor decide to dispose of the second creature’s body?
(a) To spare the feelings for the first creature.
(b) To hide what he has done.
(c) To keep the peasants from thinking he had committed murder.
(d) Out of respect for what might have been.
5. Why did the creature seize William Frankenstein’s throat?
(a) To soothe him.
(b) To silence him.
(c) To threaten him.
(d) To kill him.
6. Why does Victor say he will not create a second creature?
(a) He cannot remember how to do it.
(b) He no longer enjoys working in science.
(c) He no longer has the time.
(d) He will not be the creator of more misery for human kind.
7. What did knowledge make the creature aware of in Chapter 13?
(a) That he was fundamentally different from other humans.
(b) That he could be arrested for squatting in the hovel.
(c) That he needed a wife.
(d) That he needed a job.
8. In what month does Victor first see the white cliffs of Britain?
9. Of what does the letter Victor receives in Chapter 22 remind him?
(a) Elizabeth’s promise to marry him.
(b) The creature.
(c) The creature’s threat to be with him on his wedding night.
(d) Henry's murder.
10. What does the creature tell Victor he will do to make sure he keeps his promise?
(a) Keep his bankbook so he cannot run away.
(b) Keep Elizabeth hostage.
(c) Keep an eye on him.
(d) Become his constant companion.
11. Who was Felix?
(a) The young male cottager.
(b) The young girl’s fiancé.
(c) The father of the cottagers.
(d) The cottager's dog.
12. In Chapter 18, what does Victor begin doing that makes his father believe he is finally coming out of his depression?
(a) Telling jokes.
(b) Taking long walks.
(c) Flirting with beautiful women.
(d) Throwing parties.
13. What does Victor do at the end of Chapter 17 after speaking all night with the creature?
(a) Quickly return home.
(c) Write a letter to Elizabeth to warn her to watch out for the creature.
(d) Visit the magistrate.
14. What does the creature promise he will do when Victor gives him a companion?
(a) He will exile himself, never to be around humans again.
(b) He will give him a large sum of money.
(c) He will kill himself after a certain amount of time
(d) He will not bother him again.
15. Why did the creature think the cottagers were unhappy?
(a) They missed their mother.
(b) They disliked their home.
(c) Their children had died.
(d) They were unhappy with their poverty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the young girl do for her father every day that puzzled the creature?
2. What does Victor’s father claim is Victor’s real reason for putting off his marriage to Elizabeth?
3. During his journey, why was the creature shot?
4. Where is the inn that Victor and Elizabeth are to stay on their wedding night?
5. What does Victor tell Walton when he discusses his feelings about his impending death?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)