|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what city do Victor and his father stop on their journey from Ireland to Geneva?
2. Shortly after the wedding, why does Victor tell Elizabeth that he is unhappy?
(a) He is unhappy with their accommodations.
(b) He expects the night to be dreadful.
(c) He fears that she married him out of obligation.
(d) He is worried for his father.
3. In Chapter 20, why does Victor think that he has caused his own death?
(a) He becomes lost at sea.
(b) He becomes disoriented while walking in an unfamiliar area.
(c) He accidentally falls on a sharp blade.
(d) He accidentally exposes himself to the plague.
4. From whom does Victor get a letter after he destroys the new creature?
(d) His father.
5. Where is the inn that Victor and Elizabeth are to stay on their wedding night?
6. Why did Felix return to his hometown after helping Safie’s father escape from prison?
(a) To turn himself in for the sake of his family.
(b) To get married.
(c) To rescue Safie.
(d) To return to his job.
7. What does Victor tell Walton when he discusses his feelings about his impending death?
(a) He regrets not having children.
(b) He does not feel that death is inevitable.
(c) wants to fight it until he can reach a doctor.
(d) He is ready to die so that he might be with his loved ones again.
8. Why didn’t Safie wish to return to Turkey with her father?
(a) She preferred German society to Turkish.
(b) She wanted to focus on her profession.
(c) She knew she wouldn’t be allowed to practice her religion.
(d) She didn't like her father.
9. In Chapter 18, what does Victor begin doing that makes his father believe he is finally coming out of his depression?
(a) Telling jokes.
(b) Flirting with beautiful women.
(c) Throwing parties.
(d) Taking long walks.
10. From what source did Victor often gain strength during his long search for the creature?
(a) Dreams of his dead loved ones.
(b) Letters from friends.
(c) The kindness of strangers.
(d) Old family letters.
11. What does Henry hope to do while in London?
(a) Visit with old school chums.
(b) Visit with men of genius and talent.
(c) Tour the landmarks of the city.
(d) Tour the museums and universities.
12. What reason does Victor give his father for wanting to travel to England?
(a) To get information to help him create a companion for his creature.
(b) To visit his friends.
(c) To have one last fling.
(d) To improve his mood.
13. What does Victor think of when he looks at his creature’s face?
(a) The creature’s deceitful behaviors.
(b) The calculated way in which the creature set Justine up for murder.
(c) The memory of his brother's death.
(d) The creature’s appalling appearance.
14. How does Victor react upon finding Elizabeth’s lifeless body?
(a) He faints.
(b) He immediately sets out in search of the killer.
(c) He calls for the police.
(d) He cradles her body and grieves.
15. What doubts does Victor begin to have about creating a second creature?
(a) That she will be less intelligent that the first creature.
(b) The she will be a poor companion for the first creature.
(c) That she will be even more evil that the first creature.
(d) That she will be as ugly as his other creation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Victor’s father think that Victor avoids social situations?
2. Where do Victor and Elizabeth plan to spend their honeymoon?
3. Why did the creature only travel at night?
4. Why does Victor dread the day of his wedding to Elizabeth?
5. How long was the DeLacey family held in jail before their trial?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)