|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why didn’t Safie wish to return to Turkey with her father?
(a) She didn't like her father.
(b) She knew she wouldn’t be allowed to practice her religion.
(c) She preferred German society to Turkish.
(d) She wanted to focus on her profession.
2. What excuse does Victor give Henry for his poor appearance in Chapter 5?
(a) He is coming down with the flu.
(b) His professors have been pushing him too hard at school.
(c) His work has kept him from sleep.
(d) He has been suffering from a lack of fuel for his stove.
3. Which of the following did Victor claim to have discovered through his laboratory work?
(a) The system by which air circulates within the body.
(b) The action of the human heart.
(c) The ability to animate lifeless matter.
(d) The way in which the brain functions.
4. To where did the creature flee when he first left Frankenstein’s rooms after his awakening?
(a) The forest outside Ingolstadt.
(b) An abandoned cottage.
(c) A nearby hospital.
(d) The Chamounix Valley.
5. What mountain range stands above the Chamounix Valley?
(a) Mont Blanc.
(b) Gran Paradiso.
(d) Maritime Alps.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age did Victor’s parents decide he should go to university?
2. To what does Victor say his friend, Henry, reintroduced him in the weeks after his illness?
3. Why does Victor feel uncomfortable when M. Waldman boasts about his achievements in school?
4. Who is Dante?
5. By what name did the creature refer to Safie in Chapter 13?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)