|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Victor’s father claim is Victor’s real reason for putting off his marriage to Elizabeth?
(a) He would prefer to devote his life to the church.
(b) He thinks of Elizabeth as a sibling.
(c) He does not find Elizabeth exciting.
(d) He is in love with someone else.
2. In Chapter 18, what does Victor begin doing that makes his father believe he is finally coming out of his depression?
(a) Flirting with beautiful women.
(b) Telling jokes.
(c) Throwing parties.
(d) Taking long walks.
3. Who first tries to cheer Victor out of his depression in Chapter 9?
4. After his mother’s death, what was one of the reasons why Victor delayed his departure to university?
(a) To help his father settle the estate.
(b) To help Elizabeth through her grief.
(c) The plan his mother's funeral.
(d) To console family members.
5. How did Victor’s father respond to Victor’s lack of response to family letters?
(a) With attempts at guilt.
(b) With a greater curiosity in his daily occupations.
(c) With a visit to the school.
(d) With anger and disapproval.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did some wandering beggars leave behind that the creature found while wandering alone after his awakening?
2. What aspect of the recent events weighs most heavily on Elizabeth?
3. At what age did Victor’s parents decide he should go to university?
4. After Justine’s death, how much time passes before Victor takes a trip to improve his mood?
5. What does Victor claim was the first disaster of his life?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)