|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 'My Life' what does the poet claim caused the death of his wife?
(a) Lavatorial waste falling from a plane fell on her head.
(b) A haunted dishwasher caused her to liquefy.
(c) Aliens killed her, but this was hushed up by the government.
(d) A bear killed her after she went insane and believed she was a bear cub.
2. Where does Missy take Harlequin's gift?
(a) To the police.
(b) To the bin.
(c) To the cemetery.
(d) To her friend's house.
3. What children does the narrator have?
(a) Three boys, aged two, five and six.
(b) Twin boys.
(c) Twin girls.
(d) A boy and a younger girl.
4. What is the second stage of the disease?
(b) Fixation on diseases.
(c) A rash.
5. When Eddie checks to see what is making a horrible howling noise, what does he find?
(a) The cat is eating Miss Corvier alive.
(b) The cat is still alive, but half eaten.
(c) The cat has been skinned, but is still alive.
(d) The cat is giving birth.
6. Where does Harlequin find himself at the end of the story?
(a) On a cold lonely moor.
(b) At home in bed.
(c) On a beach.
(d) Working in the cafe.
7. What disguise does Harlequin take in order to speak to Missy?
(a) A beggar.
(b) An old woman.
(c) A newspaper seller.
(d) A man walking his dog.
8. In 'In The End,' what does the Lord give to mankind in the end?
(b) A promise.
(c) The garden of Eden.
(d) The world.
9. What is the professor's book about?
(a) What happened to her in Narnia.
(b) Why gossip is a sin.
(c) Meaning in children's fiction.
(d) Philosophy of religion and the existence of God.
10. Where is the author the second time reality seems to fade?
(a) In his car.
(b) At work.
(c) In bed.
(d) On the tube.
11. What does the third stage of the disease affect?
(b) The lungs.
(d) Speech and thought.
12. How do the boys know Alison?
(a) She goes to school with them.
(b) Her parents are friends with Vic's parents.
(c) They met her on a German exchange trip.
(d) They were in a play together.
13. In 'The Lovers' what do the townsfolk find when they open up the woman's coffin?
(a) The corpse is covered in blood.
(b) Her lover's body is now with her, and she is pregnant.
(c) The corpse looks flushed and alive, with no decay.
(d) The corpse has disappeared.
14. With what does he baptize the model?
(a) His tears.
(c) His blood.
15. Now that Missy can see Harlequin, what does she tell him to do?
(a) Kiss her.
(b) Dance for her.
(c) Cast a spell on her to make her the new Harlequin.
(d) Take off his mask and give her his wand.
Short Answer Questions
1. What story is the father reading to his child in 'Locks'?
2. When Scarlet calls the narrator, what does she tell him/her?
3. The first time the world seems to dissolve away for the author, whom does he meet?
4. What does the serpent do with it?
5. What happens to the narrator after he saves the Earth?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)