|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the man, who is attacking?
(c) The USSR.
2. When Scarlet calls the narrator, what does she tell him/her?
(a) She is lost.
(b) Where to find her.
(c) The narrator is loved.
(d) To stop searching for her.
3. What does Eddie do?
(a) He kills Miss Corvier.
(b) He kills the cat.
(c) He runs away.
(d) He takes the cat to Miss Corvier to eat.
4. Where does the narrator of 'Feeders and Eaters' meet an old acquaintance?
(a) An all-night cafe.
(b) A fancy restaurant.
(c) A park.
(d) A cheap hotel.
5. Why is the narrator pulled out of the Matrix?
(a) To help them understand the human mind.
(b) To pilot a space fighter ship.
(c) To help stop the rebels.
(d) He is too aware of the machines' control.
6. Whom does Disease Maker's Croup affect?
(b) People with weakened immune systems.
(c) People who want time off work.
(d) People who catalogue diseases.
7. How does she describe the world?
(a) As an eyesore.
(b) As a wicked place.
(c) As a jewel.
(d) As a rose.
8. In 'The Day the Saucers Came' what happens after the saucers come?
(a) A scientist tries to speak with them.
(b) Zombies rise.
(c) The four horsemen ride.
(d) The army arrive.
9. In 'The Chariot,' what do the people of Earth do to ensure that they are protected from the race of super humans they have genetically created?
(a) They forbid the superhumans from ever returning.
(b) They make sure the superhumans are very short lived.
(c) They create them with a weakness to iron and garlic.
(d) They remove their location from the ship's computer.
10. What is the only sound left in the garden at the end of the story?
(a) The man taking away a name from another animal.
(b) God talking to his creatures.
(c) The man and woman praying.
(d) The woman crying.
11. What is the name of the girl whom the narrator talks to in the conservatory?
(d) Wain's Wain.
12. In 'Harlequin Valentine' what does Harlequin pin on Missy's front door?
(a) A charcoal drawing of Missy.
(b) A red and black striped ribbon.
(c) His heart.
(d) A card.
13. What does the third girl whom the narrator speaks to say that she is?
(a) A star.
(b) An alien.
(c) A university student.
(d) A poem.
14. Whom does the father say his sympathy is with now?
(a) The woodcutter.
(b) Father Bear.
(c) The Wicked Queen.
(d) The princess' father.
15. What does the narrator find in a blueberry bush?
(a) Another postcard.
(b) A diary.
(c) A necklace.
(d) A red thread.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator notice is wrong with Eddie's hand?
2. What does the professor dream about that night?
3. What has happened to her people?
4. Where does Missy take Harlequin's gift?
5. What disguise does Harlequin take in order to speak to Missy?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)