|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Keepsakes and Treasures, and Good Boys Deserve Favors.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the narrator not understand the jokes the other boys tell?
(a) He is too young for them.
(b) The jokes are about a playhouse he has never been to.
(c) They are speaking another language.
(d) He doesn't know the people they are talking about.
2. Why is the young writer upset?
(a) He is trying to write about reality, but he keeps parodying it.
(b) He doesn't want to be a writer and wishes he could be a baker instead.
(c) He is trying to write horror but it is not scary enough.
(d) He is trying to write about himself, but for some reason keeps writing about Amelia.
3. What is this person traveling to present a paper on?
(a) Haitian coffee girls.
(b) Breakthroughs in dental hygiene.
(c) Death and the afterlife in different cultures.
(d) Metaphor in Mary Shelley's Frankenstein.
4. Why did she come to this house instead?
(a) The coach driver pushed her from the coach in the woods and drove away without her.
(b) She lost her way and wandered in the woods, eventually seeing the house.
(c) She was thrown out of Lord Falconmere's house and had nowhere else to go.
(d) She was sent a mysterious letter about her birthright, so decided to stop here on the way.
5. What does Runt decide at the end of the story?
(a) To return to his family, who he knows will miss him if he stays with Dearly.
(b) To go to the police to report that there are dangerous things living in the farmhouse.
(c) To go into the farmhouse, so he can stay with Dearly forever as a ghost.
(d) To take Dearly home with him, so he can haunt his brothers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who offers to tell the next story?
2. Why does the narrator's passenger ask him to go back to the hotel?
3. How old is the narrator when Mr. Alice's people find him?
4. Why does the narrator kill the deputy head of the orphanage?
5. What does the narrator do when he finds the men who may have been his father?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)