|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Goliath, and Pages from a Journal Found in a Shoebox Left in a Greyhound Bus Somewhere Between Tulsa, Oklahoma, and Louisville, Kentucky.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who suggests that the young man should try writing fantasy instead?
(b) The butler.
(c) His older brother.
(d) A raven.
2. Who are the other three men at the club on the night they tell each other ghost stories?
(a) Neil (a writer), Martyn (a drunk), and Daniel (who never told them his profession).
(b) Paul (an actor), Martyn (a gaming magazine editor), and an unnamed old man.
(c) Sam (a drunk), Martyn (a plastic surgeon), and Ollie (a mechanic).
(d) Paul (a police inspector), Robert (a writer), and an unnamed old man.
3. What does Miss Corvier give Eddie Barrow as a present?
(c) A rose.
(d) A cat.
4. What does the third stage of the disease affect?
(a) Speech and thought.
(d) The lungs.
5. Why does August stop the story before the storyteller can finish?
(a) It is too boring.
(b) It is not a true story.
(c) He has heard it before.
(d) It is scaring April.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is pitiable about sufferers?
2. What does the professor not like about Victorian children's literature?
3. When they find a beautiful garden with a stream that looks like a fairy grotto, what does one of the boys do?
4. Why are the first two ghost stories unsatisfying?
5. What kind of animal joins Miss Finch and then circles around the circus audience?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)