|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Haint Tales and Other Scary Stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of mill did D. B. Dayton's grandfather own?
(a) A syrup mill.
(b) A gristmill.
(c) A sawmill.
(d) A paper mill.
2. Why did Nola Campbell only attend school through the fifth grade?
(a) Indians weren't allowed to go further in school.
(b) Her parents didn't believe in formal education for girls.
(c) She had to work to support her family.
(d) She got ill and had to stay home.
3. Which of the following is not a form of payment that Henry Youngblood accepted for his herbal doctoring?
(b) A service.
(d) A credit card.
4. What materials were used by Aunt Arie Carpenter in the making of most of her quilts?
(a) Wool woven at her home.
(b) Scraps of material from neighbors' clothing.
(c) Gingham and calico bought at the general store.
(d) Scraps from her family's clothing.
5. In the section of Foxfire 9 entitled "The General Store," how did the illiterate general store owner keep track of outstanding debts owed to him for items his customers had purchased on credit?
(a) He hired a clerk who could read and write to track his debts.
(b) He drew pictures of the items purchased.
(c) He relied on his memory.
(d) He trusted his customers to remember how much they owed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were crazy quilts?
2. Why did Henry Harrison Mayes set a goal to put signs on other planets?
3. What did Henry Harrison Mayes set as his goal?
4. Why did Henry Harrison Mayes once attend a strip show?
5. What was the ethnic background of Nola Campbell's mother?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)