|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Haint Tales and Other Scary Stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the people interviewed in Foxfire 9 say that the scream of a panther sounds like?
(a) A police siren.
(b) The scream of a human being.
(c) A crying baby.
(d) A nail on a blackboard.
2. At what holiday would D. B. Dayton's father get drunk?
(b) Memorial Day.
3. What remedy was used in the mountains for constipation?
(a) Castor oil.
(b) Butcher's bloom tea.
(c) Chamomile tea.
4. What were crazy quilts?
(a) Friendship quilts, personalized and presented as a gift.
(b) Quilts made in asymmetrical patterns.
(c) Quilts stitched in a hurry.
(d) Quilts with both stripes and polka dots.
5. What disease did Flora Youngblood cure by saying a Bible verse and blowing in the mouth of the afflicted for three days in a row?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Flora's mother got shot in the shoulder, what kind of poultice was applied to her wound?
2. What did D. B. Dayton's family sell for extra money during his childhood?
3. When was the fishtail pattern quilt donated to Foxfire by Aunt Arie Carpenter made?
4. Approximately how many quilt patterns has the Foxfire organization collected over the years?
5. What did Jud begin working on in 1934?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)