|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Life Is Good.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was not a stitch Aunt Arie Carpenter used in making her quilts?
(a) Herringbone stitch.
(b) Chevron stitch.
(c) Princess stitch.
(d) Multiple feather stitch.
2. How did Flora's family get their clothing?
(a) Their mother bought it at the general store.
(b) Her father bought it from a catalog.
(c) Her mother sewed it.
(d) They got hand me downs from relatives.
3. What became confining about the format of the Foxfire series?
(a) It limited the presentation of the topics.
(b) It required too many interviews per book.
(c) The books were too big.
(d) It got too repetitive.
4. What remedy was used in the mountains for constipation?
(a) Butcher's bloom tea.
(b) Castor oil.
(d) Chamomile tea.
5. How old was Nola Campbell when her father died?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Flora's mother got shot in the shoulder, what kind of poultice was applied to her wound?
2. When Foxfire 9 was published, how many years had the Foxfire organization been in the Rabun County schools?
3. What was the ethnic background of Nola Campbell's father?
4. What kind of mill did D. B. Dayton's grandfather own?
5. What food sweetener did Jud's father make?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)