|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Life Is Good.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What problem arose due to the books in the Foxfire series presenting a range of topics in each volume?
(a) No single topic could be treated in depth.
(b) The number of interviews overwhelmed the staff.
(c) There were not enough interviewees for each volume.
(d) Too many photographs and drawings were needed.
2. What product did D.B. Dayton sell that earned him enough money to build a store?
3. What did Henry Harrison Mayes set as his goal?
(a) Bringing the word of God to everyone on earth.
(b) Earning a college degree after age thirty.
(c) Owning a general store.
(d) Learning how to be a blacksmith.
4. Which of the following was not a quilt pattern traditionally made in Appalachia?
(a) The cat's paw.
(b) The Joseph coat of many colors.
(c) The spider web.
(d) The log cabin.
5. What did Charles Phillips use stones to indicate?
(a) His prayer requests.
(b) The saved and unsaved souls for whom he had prayed.
(c) His children's ages.
(d) The number of cattle in his herd.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Flora Youngblood's father Henry learn herbal doctoring and faith healing?
2. As a young girl, what did Flora learn to make from honeysuckle vines?
3. What did D. B. Dayton's family sell for extra money during his childhood?
4. What kind of mill did Jud and his uncle build?
5. When was the general store operated by Patton D. Queen opened?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)