|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Life Is Good.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What problem arose due to the books in the Foxfire series presenting a range of topics in each volume?
(a) The number of interviews overwhelmed the staff.
(b) Too many photographs and drawings were needed.
(c) There were not enough interviewees for each volume.
(d) No single topic could be treated in depth.
2. How much did Jud pay for his first business?
(a) One hundred dollars.
(b) Five hundred dollars.
(c) One thousand dollars.
(d) Fifty dollars.
3. What was the second book published by Foxfire Press?
(a) A cookbook of traditional mountain recipes.
(b) A book of quilt patterns.
(c) A collection of ghost stories.
(d) A collection of traditional mountain songs.
4. On what kind of beds did D. B. Dayton and his family sleep during D. B.'s childhood?
(a) Straw beds.
(b) Feather beds.
(c) Beds with cornshuck mattresses.
(d) They slept on the cabin floor without beds.
5. How many copies of the Foxfire books have been printed?
(a) One million.
(b) Seven million.
(c) Two hundred thousand.
(d) Eighty thousand.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what material did D. B. Dayton and his family make clotheslines on which to hang their hand washed clothing during D. B.'s childhood?
2. How much education did Frank Moore receive?
3. What broken item was left at Charles Phillips's funeral?
4. During the depression, which of the following was not a way the customers of Ed and Martha Roane could pay off their debt to the general store?
5. With what animals did a boy once pay Roy Roberts?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)