|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Life Is Good.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were crazy quilts?
(a) Quilts stitched in a hurry.
(b) Friendship quilts, personalized and presented as a gift.
(c) Quilts with both stripes and polka dots.
(d) Quilts made in asymmetrical patterns.
2. What would Charles Phillips do if he couldn't sleep?
(a) Drink warm milk.
(b) Play checkers.
(c) Read his Bible and pray.
(d) Play his banjo.
3. What remedy was used in the mountains for stings?
(a) A milkweed poultice.
(b) A dandelion green poultice.
(c) Castor oil.
4. From what country did the Moore family emigrate in 1740?
5. How did the number of accounts held by women at the Moore's general store compare to the number of accounts held by men?
(a) All accounts were held by women.
(b) No accounts were held by women.
(c) Most accounts were held by women.
(d) Few accounts were held by women.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the second book published by Foxfire Press?
2. What information did quilters traditionally embroider on their quilt squares when making a friendship quilt?
3. What work did D. B. Dayton do for the WPA during the Depression?
4. What did Jud begin working on in 1934?
5. Approximately how many quilt patterns has the Foxfire organization collected over the years?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)