|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Remedies, Herb Doctors, and Healers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote the articles in the Foxfire series?
(a) Professional authors hired by the Foxfire organization.
(b) College history professors.
(c) High school students in Rabun County, Georgia.
(d) High school teachers in Rabun County, Gerogia.
2. What oral history play was published by Foxfire Press?
(a) Mountaineers Majestic.
(b) Georgia's Finest Family.
(c) Cabbagetown, Three Women.
(d) The Story of David.
3. When Foxfire 9 was published, how many years had the Foxfire organization been in the Rabun County schools?
4. Where did Flora Youngblood's father Henry learn herbal doctoring and faith healing?
(a) On an Indian reservation.
(b) At Atlanta University Medical School.
(c) At his church.
(d) At Berea College.
5. What New York publisher published the Foxfire series, of which Foxfire 9 is a part?
(a) Random House.
(c) Berkley Jove.
(d) Springer Verlach.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Appalachian photographer photographed Appalachian mountain scenes during the Depression and left a collection of photographs that Foxfire Press wants to publish?
2. As a young girl, what did Flora learn to make from honeysuckle vines?
3. What was the second book published by Foxfire Press?
4. How were the topics to be featured in the new series of books from Foxfire Press determined?
5. What became confining about the format of the Foxfire series?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)