|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Remedies, Herb Doctors, and Healers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What became confining about the format of the Foxfire series?
(a) The books were too big.
(b) It got too repetitive.
(c) It limited the presentation of the topics.
(d) It required too many interviews per book.
2. What was the last Foxfire book to be published under the contract with the New York Publisher?
(a) Foxfire 15.
(b) Foxfire 9.
(c) Foxfire 20.
(d) Foxfire 10.
3. What cure was used by Annie Henry for a nosebleed?
(a) Holding ice on the back of the head.
(b) Letting the nose bleed on a knife and then burying the knife.
(c) Tea made from dandelion greens.
(d) Holding ice under the nose.
4. How many copies of the Foxfire books have been printed?
(a) One million.
(b) Eighty thousand.
(c) Seven million.
(d) Two hundred thousand.
5. Where did Flora Youngblood's father Henry learn herbal doctoring and faith healing?
(a) At Atlanta University Medical School.
(b) At Berea College.
(c) At his church.
(d) On an Indian reservation.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what have glowing plants like foxfire been associated over the ages?
2. What oral history play was published by Foxfire Press?
3. When Flora's mother got shot in the shoulder, what kind of poultice was applied to her wound?
4. When was Flora taught was the best time to gather honeysuckle vines?
5. What Appalachian photographer photographed Appalachian mountain scenes during the Depression and left a collection of photographs that Foxfire Press wants to publish?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)