|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Remedies, Herb Doctors, and Healers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Appalachian photographer photographed Appalachian mountain scenes during the Depression and left a collection of photographs that Foxfire Press wants to publish?
(a) Tom Whitfield.
(b) R. A. Romanes.
(c) Amos McGee.
(d) Horace Jamison.
2. What award was won by the first book Foxfire Press published?
(a) A Pulitzer Prize.
(b) A Christopher award.
(c) A Nebula.
(d) A Caldecott Medal.
3. What remedy was used in the mountains for constipation?
(a) Castor oil.
(c) Chamomile tea.
(d) Butcher's bloom tea.
4. In what year was Flora Youngblood born?
5. How did Flora's family get their clothing?
(a) Her mother sewed it.
(b) Her father bought it from a catalog.
(c) They got hand me downs from relatives.
(d) Their mother bought it at the general store.
Short Answer Questions
1. What disease did Flora Youngblood cure by saying a Bible verse and blowing in the mouth of the afflicted for three days in a row?
2. Which of the following are not ingredients Henry Youngblood used in his herbal remedies?
3. Why have reviewers stopped reviewing the new books in the Foxfire series?
4. When was Flora taught was the best time to gather honeysuckle vines?
5. How old was Flora when she got married?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)