|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Haint Tales and Other Scary Stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Jud was seventeen, for whom did he work?
(a) The local tanner.
(b) The local preacher.
(c) The local sheriff.
(d) A local blacksmith.
2. What business did Earl Gillespie operate in addition to a general store?
(a) A gristmill.
(b) A coffee mill.
(c) A dental office.
(d) A blacksmith shop.
3. What food sweetener did Jud's father make?
(a) Maple syrup.
(c) Cane sugar.
(d) Sorghum syrup.
4. What trade did Frank Moore have to learn because his family was so poor?
(c) Pottery making.
(d) Trapping animals for fur trading.
5. What did Captain Irish Bill Moore and his wife Hattie often have to battle?
(a) Mice that infested the general store.
(b) Competition from other stores.
(c) Roughriders or bandits.
(d) Ants that infested the general store.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Roy Roberts, another owner of a general store, sell to the train engineers as they drove through his town?
2. What did Jud's father do for a living?
3. When was the general store operated by Patton D. Queen opened?
4. Of what material was the building that housed Jud's business made?
5. According to Ruth Holcomb, what did a bald eagle do to a baby?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)