|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Agnes says she is leaving the "God Is Love" pillow for who?
2. What does Agnes ask Michael after she finds out what he said to their son?
3. What can Michael not believe that Agnes is doing in Act 3, Scene 2?
4. In Act 2, Scene 2, what do both Agnes and Michael want to help ease their worry?
5. What does Agnes want before becoming a grandmother?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Agnes and Michael are parents to a son and daughter, a fact that influences their characters' decisions and actions. Support your essay with examples from the play and respond to the following:
1) What good parental characteristics are Agnes and Michael shown to have?
2) What bad parental characteristics are Agnes and Michael shown to have?
3) How has becoming parents changed the relationship between Michael and Agnes?
Essay Topic 2
Jealousy has a role in the marriage of Agnes and Michael. It motivates Michael and Agnes to act in certain ways. Use examples to support your response to the following:
1) What examples of jealousy are found in the play?
2) How have the consequences of the jealous actions of Michael and Agnes affected their marriage?
3) Has the author represented jealousy as a positive or negative force? Why?
Essay Topic 3
There are several examples of foreshadowing in the play. Michael and Agnes' son seems to take after his father, while Agnes' threat of an affair on her end almost becomes fulfilled. Using examples, respond to the following:
1) What examples of foreshadowing are used in the play?
2) What impact does this have on the relationship between Agnes and Michael?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)