Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At first, what are Agnes' feelings toward the young poet?
2. Is Michael happy with his daughter's choice of husband, and how does he address his son-in-law?
3. What is Michael doing when he is first seen in the last scene?
4. Why does Michael ask to reread the young poet's works a second time?
5. What does Agnes do with the "God Is Love" pillow when she hears Michael coming back into the room at the end of Act 3, Scene 2?
Essay Topic 1
The ups and downs of Agnes and Michael's marriage is illustrated throughout the play. Using supporting examples, answer the following:
1) Does the author portray an enduring marriage as something positive or negative?
2) What characteristics are a husband and wife supposed to learn in order to have a successful marriage, according to the play?
3) Is the marriage of Agnes and Michael realistically portrayed? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Michael confesses that Agnes has changed from the princess he married to his closest friend. Answer the following with supporting examples:
1) In what ways does Michael treat Agnes as a friend?
2) Does Agnes feel the same way toward Michael?
3) How does this strong friendship influence the marriage between Michael and Agnes?
Essay Topic 3
The character of Agnes goes through many changes throughout the play. Beginning with her wedding night and ending with her gift at the end of the play, analyze Agnes' character by answering the following:
1) How is Agnes represented in her youth compared to her older years?
2) How has motherhood changed Agnes?
3) What ways have Agnes' religious beliefs influenced her decisions in life?
4) Is Agnes' character capable of acting selfishly? Why or why not?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)