Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At first, what are Agnes' feelings toward the young poet?
2. Is Michael happy with his daughter's choice of husband, and how does he address his son-in-law?
3. What is Michael doing when he is first seen in the last scene?
4. Why does Michael ask to reread the young poet's works a second time?
5. What does Agnes do with the "God Is Love" pillow when she hears Michael coming back into the room at the end of Act 3, Scene 2?
Essay Topic 1
Michael confesses that Agnes has changed from the princess he married to his closest friend. Answer the following with supporting examples:
1) In what ways does Michael treat Agnes as a friend?
2) Does Agnes feel the same way toward Michael?
3) How does this strong friendship influence the marriage between Michael and Agnes?
Essay Topic 2
Compassion and the need to feel wanted greatly affects the relationship between Michael and Agnes throughout their marriage. Use examples from the play to support your response to the following:
1) When has Agnes felt the need to be wanted and what was her reaction to this feeling?
2) When has Michael felt the need of compassion and what was his reaction to this feeling?
3) By the end of the play, is the problem of the need for compassion solved in the marriage of Agnes and Michael?
Essay Topic 3
Agnes and Michael are portrayed as characters who embody the labels of male and female. Support you answer with examples from the play and respond to the following:
1) In what ways does Agnes exemplify femininity?
2) In what ways does Michael exemplify masculinity?
3) What are the positives and negatives associated with femininity and masculinity as presented by the author?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)