Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At first, what are Agnes' feelings toward the young poet?
2. Is Michael happy with his daughter's choice of husband, and how does he address his son-in-law?
3. What is Michael doing when he is first seen in the last scene?
4. Why does Michael ask to reread the young poet's works a second time?
5. What does Agnes do with the "God Is Love" pillow when she hears Michael coming back into the room at the end of Act 3, Scene 2?
Essay Topic 1
The "God Is Love" pillow is first introduced as a wedding present to Agnes, who leaves it as a gift for the newlywed couple at the end of the play. Using examples to support your answer, compare and contrast the following:
1) What does the "God Is Love" pillow mean to Agnes throughout the play?
2) What does the "God Is Love" pillow mean to Michael throughout the play?
Essay Topic 2
Compassion and the need to feel wanted greatly affects the relationship between Michael and Agnes throughout their marriage. Use examples from the play to support your response to the following:
1) When has Agnes felt the need to be wanted and what was her reaction to this feeling?
2) When has Michael felt the need of compassion and what was his reaction to this feeling?
3) By the end of the play, is the problem of the need for compassion solved in the marriage of Agnes and Michael?
Essay Topic 3
The sudden emergence into the realm of wealth is a life changing occurrence, and it affects the lives of Agnes and Michael. Use examples to support your response to the following:
1) How does the wealth and success of Michael's novel affect the lives and relationship of Michael and Agnes?
2) How do Agnes and Michael adapt to their new found wealth?
3) Does the author portray wealth to be a good or bad influence in people's lives?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)